Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber Reagent Advice and Help

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Hello Wizards of Wizard101!

I'm making this post in the hopes that some of you Master Artisans can help me with something. Catalan spell eludes me from the Knight's Lore pack so I'm most likely going to end up crafting it. The recipe is very straightforward, with the only hard parts being the 6 Catalan treasure cards (already got 8 of them), the 50 Sunstone, and the 12 Amber. My question is this, for those of you who have ever crafted a spell before, what was the best method you used to rack up the necessary Amber? I'm currently level 20 Storm questing in Krokotopia, but I'm already in Dragonspyre in terms of crafting. Any help would greatly be appreciated as I'm looking for suggestions on where to get Amber or what plant seeds I should be planting for Amber. Thanks and have fun in Wizard City, friends!

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 20 Storm, Master Craftsman)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
crimsonreaper5 on Jun 28, 2018 wrote:

I'm making this post in the hopes that some of you Master Artisans can help me with something. Catalan spell eludes me from the Knight's Lore pack so I'm most likely going to end up crafting it. The recipe is very straightforward, with the only hard parts being the 6 Catalan treasure cards (already got 8 of them), the 50 Sunstone, and the 12 Amber. My question is this, for those of you who have ever crafted a spell before, what was the best method you used to rack up the necessary Amber? I'm currently level 20 Storm questing in Krokotopia, but I'm already in Dragonspyre in terms of crafting. Any help would greatly be appreciated as I'm looking for suggestions on where to get Amber or what plant seeds I should be planting for Amber. Thanks and have fun in Wizard City, friends!

Sincerely,
You'll need to be level 55 to go to Zafaria and that is where you become a Legendary Artisan. During this time you can gather the reagents for crafting Catalan but might like to also do some runs of Loremaster to see if you get lucky and win it. You can do Loremaster at any level if you get a port to her to pick up the quest. Until you reach Dragonspyre you will have to access her battle via the sigil as the kiosk will not allow you to join until you've got there in your quest journey.

If you're collecting reagents, sunstone can be bought at the bazaar. It's an Evil Magma Pea drop so it's worth looking out for anyone selling in bulk. You could even ask in the bazaar if anyone has spares. If you get to the point of crafting and still need sunstone I'm happy to meet up to sell them for you...but I think you'll have them by then.

Amber is easy to stock up gradually but a pain when you want it quick. Gardening a few King Parsley (KP) is how I got hundreds of amber easily. You only need 1 KP seed to get you started. More is obviously better but 1 IS enough because they don't only drop their own seed every elder harvest but they also drop extra KP seeds throughout as well. If you have any, plant them

They may also drop you some Ultra King Parsley (UKP) seeds. These are even better for dropping amber than the KP and you can use the 'wilt and revive' method on them to get more mature harvests before letting them elder. They do not drop their own seed at elder.

Before I knew about KP (and before UKP existed) I wanted amber fast. I farmed Gladiator (secret boss in Mount Olympus) with the help of some higher level friends. It wasn't a 'fast' method, but it was faster than waiting for plants to grow. As you're level 20 and still have at least 35 levels before you can make it to Legendary Artisan you're in no immediate rush so I'd recommend gardening!

I hope this helps! Good luck!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Victoria told you exactly what I would have.

Gardening is the slow but steady route.

Once you're level 30 or higher, farming the Gladiator is much faster. However, he's dangerous unless you go in with friends.

Buying crown packs in hope that you get lucky is the painful, expensive route. I don't recommend it. (But it is an option)

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Amber#axzz5JxZSVkEe

It's true that you won't be able to buy the recipe until you reach the beginning of Zafaria (usually around level 60-70). That means you have plenty of time.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
crimsonreaper5 on Jun 28, 2018 wrote:

Sincerely,
Hi there , a few things may have already been said so I apologize in advance.
  • Before crafting Catalan, you would have to be a certain level to have access to the Zafarian crafting quest. Baobab Market is where the NPC is located. Once you complete "Drum a Little Drum" (the name of the quest), you'll earn the crafting rank of Legendary Artisan.
  • As for the Amber reagent, once you've reached the level required for Mount Olympus (Level 30), you can try farming the secret boss Gladiator Dimachaerus. I would suggest for you to get a high level wizard to help you defeat him though, since he has 30,000 health. In addition, he drops other reagents necessary for transmuting Amber, but I believe the vendor for this transmutation recipe is in Avalon. There's another secret boss Cronus (located in the Tartarus dungeon), but you would have to be at least Level 90 to go there. I thought I'd mention him in case you'll be needing Amber once again in the future. From what I've heard, he seems to drop Amber more frequently than Gladiator Dimachaerus (but I may be wrong).
  • If you also happen to be a member, there's a Membership Benefit that rewards Double Reagents, which happened not too long ago. It's best to farm for Amber when this is on because it's possibly the rarest reagent out there.
  • For the Sunstone issue, I often get a few of them (and other rare reagents) from feeding things I don't/no longer need to my pets. You can also transmute Sunstone with every 15 Sandstones that you have, but you would first have to buy the recipe from one of the vendors listed here. Sunstone is also a rare harvest drop from farming Sandstone. Sandstone normally spawns in the locations listed on this page.
  • You can try farming Loremaster for the actual spell, though I highly would not recommend it since the drop rates are quite low and her loot table is already stacked with too many spells. You'd be stuck there for a while! Even if you do get lucky, you might not get the spell you want.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Deathsummer already mentioned this, but once you reach Avalon, you can purchase recipe for transmuting amber from Shane MacGobhann in the Wild. i found that works well.

for Sunstone, i used Bazaar. it is rare but it does come.