Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Red Mandrake + Fossils

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Hey, I picked up Peake's level 56 quest for crafting a tea set. I've got everything but Red Mandrake and Fossils, and I also heard that they're pretty hard to get... Can't get them off the bazaar, no vendors that sell them. I need 8 fossils and 35 mandrake. Anyone know a good way to get both of them? Adding onto all of this, I don't even know how to use a crafting station. Would someone mind telling me how to?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Fiona FairySong on Jun 14, 2018 wrote:
Hey, I picked up Peake's level 56 quest for crafting a tea set. I've got everything but Red Mandrake and Fossils, and I also heard that they're pretty hard to get... Can't get them off the bazaar, no vendors that sell them. I need 8 fossils and 35 mandrake. Anyone know a good way to get both of them? Adding onto all of this, I don't even know how to use a crafting station. Would someone mind telling me how to?
They both come into the bazaar but in dribs-and-drabs. I remember the first time I did this quest I didn't have much of a reagent stock and the bazaar was taking too long so I collected the red mandrake by running about Wizard City. I don't remember which road I selected (I think it was Cyclops or Triton) but I ran around it gathering them all then switched realms and did it again until I had enough.

For stone blocks I did the same in Krok and Dragonspyre...again, I don't remember which streets. Select one, gather them all then switch realms and do it again. The stone blocks sometimes give a fossil as their rare harvest so keep an eye on them when harvesting. The stone blocks can be transmuted into fossils (15 stone blocks = 1 fossil). the recipe can be bought from Balthazar Dragonthorn in The Atheneum.

Using a crafting station is simple. Just place it in your home and walk up to it. When you interact with it the list of recipes that table works for will pop up and you can select what you want to craft. There are different types of table for different recipes and when you look at your recipe in your book there's an icon to the lower left that shows which table you need.

The Tea Set needs a Housing Crafting Station
The transmute fossil needs a Card Crafting Station

If you don't have these you can buy them from vendors around the Spiral:
Housing Crafting Station ~ Aubert Quickhammer; Ea'rik; Nessa Lightblade; Zhi Lan
Card Crafting Station ~ Ea'rik; Nessa Lightblade; Neville Cobblestone; Zhi Lan

I hope this helps and sorry for not being able to give more specific locations for finding reagents! Good luck and Happy Crafting!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Fiona FairySong on Jun 14, 2018 wrote:
Red Mandrake grow in Cyclops Lane, Firecat Alley, Colossus Blvd and the Haunted Cave. Look in all the back corners and behind buildings. Gardening sources include Boom Shrooms, Burning Snap Dragons and Fickle Pickles.

Fossils are rare drops from Stone Blocks. The best places for stone blocks are in Krokotopia, either the Sphinx Island or in the Tomb of Storms. They tend to hide at the ends of hallways. Otherwise, your second best bet is Marleybone or Dragonspyre (especially the Atheneum and the Necropolis). Gardening sources include Burning Snap Dragons and Fickle Pickles.

There is a transmute recipe for turning stone blocks into fossils, it's available in Grizzleheim from the crafting bear. However, it's been my experience that, by the time I get enough stone blocks to transmute all the fossils I need, I have somehow already ended up with all the fossils I need.

If you're really in a hurry and don't mind spending crowns, there are reagent bundles for sale in the Crown Shop. You can buy 100 red mandrake directly, for $500 crowns. For the fossils, you'd have to buy stone blocks (again, 100 for $500 crowns) then use the transmute to turn the stone blocks into fossils.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven