Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Voice Actors

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2018
I'm not exactly certain if this goes against the code of conduct in any way, and if so, I apologize!

Does anyone know how I can find the voice actors of the NPCs? I'm specifically looking for Kirby Longspear's, one character on Colossus Boulevard. I'm curious because I'd like to use him as a voice claim for an original character of mine. Meaning: Kirby's voice sounds how I imagine my character's voice to sound, and I'd like to be able to say the actor's name instead of just one of his characters.

Thanks!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
svecounia72 on Jun 3, 2018 wrote:
I'm not exactly certain if this goes against the code of conduct in any way, and if so, I apologize!

Does anyone know how I can find the voice actors of the NPCs? I'm specifically looking for Kirby Longspear's, one character on Colossus Boulevard. I'm curious because I'd like to use him as a voice claim for an original character of mine. Meaning: Kirby's voice sounds how I imagine my character's voice to sound, and I'd like to be able to say the actor's name instead of just one of his characters.

Thanks!
Prof Zeke said somewhere about KI won't release the names of voice actors because it's in their contract not to. That was an old post though (prob about 2010?) and things may have changed. If you really want to know though you might be able to work out which of the 6 guys on IMDB sound the same if you find some of their other work. The risk of course is that it was none of them or that, as voice actors, they have not used the same or similar enough voice elsewhere to work it out.

If it matters a lot to you then you could contact them directly to ask via their agent or union...or social media (which might be even quicker and easier).

Hopefully KI's contracts with voice actors allows them to just answer your question now and you get a straight answer that doesn't require a ton of sleuthing (stalking? haha).

PS. I don't know why the contract said their names wouldn't be released because I don't know an actor out there who doesn't LOVE it when someone likes their voice work enough to want to find out who they are

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 7, 2018 wrote:
Prof Zeke said somewhere about KI won't release the names of voice actors because it's in their contract not to. That was an old post though (prob about 2010?) and things may have changed. If you really want to know though you might be able to work out which of the 6 guys on IMDB sound the same if you find some of their other work. The risk of course is that it was none of them or that, as voice actors, they have not used the same or similar enough voice elsewhere to work it out.

If it matters a lot to you then you could contact them directly to ask via their agent or union...or social media (which might be even quicker and easier).

Hopefully KI's contracts with voice actors allows them to just answer your question now and you get a straight answer that doesn't require a ton of sleuthing (stalking? haha).

PS. I don't know why the contract said their names wouldn't be released because I don't know an actor out there who doesn't LOVE it when someone likes their voice work enough to want to find out who they are
I can think of a couple of reasons why they might write the contract that way. The actor might already be well known for other types of work, serious dramatic or artistic work, or playing scary bad guys, and for whatever reason they don't want their image to have beloved kid's game voicer added to it. Some may not want their voice-over work known, because they want people to be thinking of them for on screen roles only, and think of it as quick money, but not something they want to be known for.
KI might want it that way because it is a kid's game they make. If the actor goes on to become famous for something controversial or unsavory, whether it be mature rated films, public statements, or some kind of personal scandal, KI might not want to be connected with them. (a theoretical caption: Adult film star, senator's lover and Pirate101 actor makes shocking political statement to press before heading to jail for drunk driving.)