Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why should you not skip Colossus Boulevard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
So back in Mid-2016, I started a discussion on whether the street is optional or not. And now looking back at it, I was making the right point on the wrong subject. Yes, it is optional. You have the option to do that street or not. But the question is, should you do it, and if so, why? Wellll...

Yes, you should do Colossus Boulevard. Why?
  1. Well you get extra experience, and it levels you maybe 3-4 levels up at the most.
  2. It kind of prepares you for the next couple of worlds by being a practice for Krokotopia.
  3. In the rest of the game you will usually have to face two monsters at once (that is if you're soloing a battle), and the only street in all of Wizard City that you have to face two monsters in a "street battle", and that's kind of the point of the street, to prepare you for future battles.
  4. I have tried playing W101 without doing Colossus Boulevard before, and it was a mess. Krokotopia was way harder then when I've played it with doing Colossus Boulevard before.

Anyways, I made my point.

- Erin Iceheart (Level 82 )
Jasmine Lifehammer (Level 39 )
Kestrel Stormcloud (Level 23 )

Hero
May 07, 2015
eriniceheart. on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:
So back in Mid-2016, I started a discussion on whether the street is optional or not. And now looking back at it, I was making the right point on the wrong subject. Yes, it is optional. You have the option to do that street or not. But the question is, should you do it, and if so, why? Wellll...

1. Well you get extra experience, and it levels you maybe 3-4 levels up at the most.
  2. It kind of prepares you for the next couple of worlds by being a practice for Krokotopia.
  3. In the rest of the game you will usually have to face two monsters at once (that is if you're soloing a battle), and the only street in all of Wizard City that you have to face two monsters in a "street battle", and that's kind of the point of the street, to prepare you for future battles.
  4. I have tried playing W101 without doing Colossus Boulevard before, and it was a mess. Krokotopia was way harder then when I've played it with doing Colossus Boulevard before.

I agree with you! also doing side quests can be helpful. I was level 30 in krok!

anyway... I think people should do colossus boulevard to prepare for krok and worlds to come.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
I'm a bit late, but there are a lot of reason why I wouldn't do Colussus

(Just saying, I would recommend it if you are starting the game, however only once on your first wizard).

Why I say this:
1) - It takes up time and doesn't even level you up much to be worth it
2) - Krok really isn't that hard - just train tower shield and buy tc feints
3) - The fights are annoying and boring

Those are my reasons.

Valkoor

Survivor
Aug 02, 2017
Christopher FrogWe... on Mar 19, 2018 wrote:

(Just saying, I would recommend it if you are starting the game, however only once on your first wizard).

Why I say this:

Those are my reasons.

Valkoor
I 100% agree with you. I just skip Colussus and move on to darkside. I just don't find it practical. and it gets annoying real fast for me but that is just my own opinion. Everyone has their own opinion.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
eriniceheart. on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:

I'm adding to your list of reasons:

5. If you're going to do Daily Assignments, you might as well include this street.

6. If you're doing Zeke's "Find the Smiths" quest, then do the quests on this street.

7. It's a fun street and actually challenging at the level you go there. I've also received a few good gear drops from the bosses.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I would complete it for the story.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
HeroicAdam31 on Mar 19, 2018 wrote:
I 100% agree with you. I just skip Colussus and move on to darkside. I just don't find it practical. and it gets annoying real fast for me but that is just my own opinion. Everyone has their own opinion.
exactly!

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
sun girl1122 on Mar 1, 2018 wrote:
I agree with you! also doing side quests can be helpful. I was level 30 in krok!

anyway... I think people should do colossus boulevard to prepare for krok and worlds to come.
I couldn't agree with you more.

I always do side quests. I'm in Krokatopia right now, and I'm also a level 30 . I'm currently doing Mirkhold Keep however because I just got the quest to go do that in Grizzleheim when I hit 30. I always recommend doing the side quests, because not only do you get experience for doing them, you also get neat treasures you can sell for better equipment in the bazaar too. Yes, you probably could do the main story-line without doing the side quests, but having brought two wizards (that I have since re-rolled for unrelated reasons) almost to the end of Dragonspyre, I can tell you that that extra experience (and by proxy, the extra spells that come with having an older wizard), really do come in handy.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Personally, you should only ever do this street if you are a first time wizard. The quests can be a bit tedious and long, and the XP gain from it is not that much. Krokatopia should not be too hard without the XP, and you can always run other, more rewarding sidequests to make up the difference. I would just go to Colossus for the smith for Zeke, and to go to the secret trainer.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
My main reason for doing it is because it's FUN!

Let's face it though, some people skip the entire first arc once they've done it once (level 50 elixir). We know and recognise that what is fun to some is a chore to others, especially on subsequent wizards.

I like my wizards to be able to go anywhere, help in any dungeon below their questing point and enjoy the journey. I'm still enjoying the storylines even when I've heard them over and over before. I don't like having to gain access (opening up an area via quest or having to port in) purely for a daily assignment when it's an area I have technically passed.

I think there is a distinct difference between skipping it on a later wizard, having done it before on the first or others, and skipping it entirely. I'd recommend everyone does it at least once

I also think for crowns players if they chose not to ever buy it there would be times they would have benefitted from having it. I'd find it frustrating to never complete the Smiths training point quest, never knowing the full story, never getting the monstrology stuff, never seeing the secret trainer etc...

There is a lot of running backwards and forwards for dialogue and it would be nice if we could mark 2 locations at once, have teleports or perhaps have NPCs positioned a bit closer together, but overall I really like Colossus Boulevard

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I DO feel you should do this area, however, only from a completionist's point of view. I always do all quests I can on every wizard. Does everybody NEED to do it? Nope. I WOULD suggest doing it if it is your first wizard however. Depending on what your level is, you may NEED that extra experience for your next level gear or next level spell. It all comes down to your playing style

Survivor
Apr 20, 2015
Christopher FrogWe... on Mar 19, 2018 wrote:

Why I say this:

Those are my reasons.

Valkoor
colossus boulevard has been a joy whether it's the gobblers

or the fights it is amazing