Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I am furious!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2012
At level 91 I had never travelled to Aquila, and so tonight I decided to finally get that over with. My Mount Olympus experience was awful! These two lower levels acted so still I confused them to be afk initially. They stood around every fight and didnt join in as I had to do all the killing. They finally chipped in during Ares and I told them "finally, i'm not a slave you know >:(" and one of them argued that I actually was. I didnt find this funny and said that I wasn't going to fight anymore, and proceeded to heal myself and the 4th person who actually contributed to the dungeon like a regular person. One of them that wasnt a menu chatter then called me a loser so I decided to report them for doing so. I fully hope what they did bites them in the form of karma in the future. I am a Life Wizard, yes, and a higher level, but i'm not a slave, and I wont let you guys laze around. If I wanted to do this solo I wouldnt have used team up. As I type this, we are in the Ares battle and its taking really long as I refuse to fight. Hopefully they learn their lesson soon! I will update you all on the situation. I deserve an apology!

Survivor
May 19, 2017
don't let them get to you. There are more great people playing the there are jerks. We all run in to them sometimes. I had someone jump in to a fight with me and did nothing at all just watched me as I fought and in the end did win the fight. So just saying don't let them get to you.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
I know exactly what you mean. I have a level 125 storm that i use to help people in teamup, and I've found 3 main kinds of people.
One kind are the people that just stand around and let you kill. They're totally useless.
The second kind are the ones that try to tell me what spells to use and how to play the game. These are usually around level 40.
The third kind are the ones that actively take part and say "Thank You" or "gg" when the final boss is beaten. Thankfully, they seem to be in the majority.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Sorry you experienced that.

Sad but have to just leave team ups sometimes if the others are trolling you.

The aggravation of staying vs. the aggravation of leaving and starting over another time. That's the equation we all have to do once in a while unfortunately.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Jordan Willow on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:
At level 91 I had never travelled to Aquila, and so tonight I decided to finally get that over with. My Mount Olympus experience was awful! These two lower levels acted so still I confused them to be afk initially. They stood around every fight and didnt join in as I had to do all the killing. They finally chipped in during Ares and I told them "finally, i'm not a slave you know >:(" and one of them argued that I actually was. I didnt find this funny and said that I wasn't going to fight anymore, and proceeded to heal myself and the 4th person who actually contributed to the dungeon like a regular person. One of them that wasnt a menu chatter then called me a loser so I decided to report them for doing so. I fully hope what they did bites them in the form of karma in the future. I am a Life Wizard, yes, and a higher level, but i'm not a slave, and I wont let you guys laze around. If I wanted to do this solo I wouldnt have used team up. As I type this, we are in the Ares battle and its taking really long as I refuse to fight. Hopefully they learn their lesson soon! I will update you all on the situation. I deserve an apology!
And breathe! Sorry to hear this happened to you!

We tend to think we have no choice on team up but that's not strictly true:
1. You can choose to stay and let them do (or not do) whatever they want.
2. You can leave and start over.
3. You could add those who want to work as a team and then start over together.

You can even make sure you never have to deal with the people you don't like by adding them to your ignore list! You don't get teamed up with people on your ignore list

I understand your frustration and want you to take back your power and control. You don't need to let them frustrate you and knowing you have choices takes away their power. If you choose to stay and let them do what they're doing be prepared for them to perhaps try to mess with the battle eg wanding off feints etc. If you are okay with anything they can do to inhibit your progress that's up to you.

Personally in the situation you've described I'd have added the person who wanted to work together, put the annoying people on ignore so I never need to team with them again and then started over. I don't care if someone wants the benefit of drops from my battle, but I do mind them deliberately trolling my battle so I can't complete it.

No need to talk to people who are trying to upset us - it only gives them an opening to upset us more! I hope the rest of Aquila is fun and you get great teams...if you don't, leave and start over. There are lots of good wizards who want to work with you not against you

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Sorry you had bad experiences. I ran in to several people like that. For me beings life wizard, If I'm in a dungeon or a hard battle with a team and someone does that I simply say to him or her; I only heal those who fight. So if you want healing I suggest you do so. It works almost every time. If that person leaves, oh well. Why share your drops with someone who doesn't fight. If someone is trolling you like that by following you around you can always switch Realms.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
Sorry you experienced that, I have as well. Reporting them for being rude isn't considered an offense though unless they are using foul language. That's what the ignore button is for. Just leave the dungeon and find a new team next time it happens. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about rude people or people who don't help. I believe they should ban the team up reset timer due to leaving to issues like this

Survivor
Oct 26, 2012
Luckily I did make the last 2 fights for them quite hard as I just stood there and healed myself.

The same guy even told me i'm a prick and left when they beat Zeus low health'd as I kept spamming self-heals.

To rub a bit of salt on the wound I even said, "thanks for the free win!" before leaving. Justice feels great!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Jordan Willow on Mar 1, 2018 wrote:
Luckily I did make the last 2 fights for them quite hard as I just stood there and healed myself.

The same guy even told me i'm a prick and left when they beat Zeus low health'd as I kept spamming self-heals.

To rub a bit of salt on the wound I even said, "thanks for the free win!" before leaving. Justice feels great!
You know Jordan, this makes me feel a little sad.

From your first post I know you're a good person and exactly the kind of wizard anyone would be lucky to meet! It makes me feel a little sad that you made the last battles harder and said something to be nasty - not because it would hurt them but because it shows they hurt you.

Please don't let nasty people change you because even though you believe it is only in this dungeon with those nasty people...the truth is that when we harden our hearts and get mean we are quicker to assume someone is being mean and react to it prematurely.

I learned this the hard way when I was so tired of unkind people when someone innocently asked me something and I assumed they were attacking me. I know it isn't the same situation but I responded in a mean way that is out of character. I assumed they were being critical when they were not. It makes me feel sad that I misunderstood them and jumped to assuming they were attacking me when they were not. I'd never have been unkind if I knew and I won't make that mistake again. I didn't break any rules but hurt someone by accident. I feel terrible for that.

Just my advice, from one nice person to another, when people are like that please continue to be kind. Heal everyone and work with people, then choose whether to pop them on ignore or not. They will lose a nice friend instead of being able to justify their treatment of you by saying you refused to heal them and were a bad team player.You won't have to deal with them again but you kept your integrity and beautiful spirit

You will feel better if your 'salt in wound' is not being there for them in future and others will see your integrity and appreciate you for who you are, not who they made you. The nice person with you will likely question if they can trust you after you got nasty, but not if you remain true to yourself. You're better than that and nicer than that. Sorry they upset you so much, you didn't deserve that at all!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Victoria -- one of the side effects of being trolled is the person can become cranky or can mistrust future exchanges. It's a form of trauma to be blunt about it. The 'cure' is to surround oneself with good people or maybe a change of venue or scenery for a while.

The toxic actions of trolls have ripple effects, they don't only hurt the person they actively troll but everyone that person runs into for a while after that.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Well, it happened again. I'm working on my teamup badge ( 1492/2000 ) and join a couple going into Olympus.
We had just started the first fight, when this "person" started telling me what spells to cast. (I was on my level 125 Storm)
When I told him that he shouldn't tell me how to play the game, he got nasty so I told them that after this fight was over, I was going to leave. I'm getting sick of low levels telling me how to play the game. After I killed the opposition, I put him on the ignore list and left.
When are these people going to realise that some of us won't put up with this.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SparkleTude on Mar 3, 2018 wrote:
Victoria -- one of the side effects of being trolled is the person can become cranky or can mistrust future exchanges. It's a form of trauma to be blunt about it. The 'cure' is to surround oneself with good people or maybe a change of venue or scenery for a while.

The toxic actions of trolls have ripple effects, they don't only hurt the person they actively troll but everyone that person runs into for a while after that.
I couldn't agree more!

I think when we recognise it and reject the feelings they are trying to impose on us, we win. Most people are not trolls and most wizards want to have fun and be kind to each other. If someone makes you feel bad do what you can to avoid them - the ignore feature is great for this and prevents you from accidentally teaming up with them in future too

There is nothing wrong with feeling frustrated or hurt and letting off a little steam when it happens, but it is good to learn to let it go quickly too. Holding on to those negative feelings isn't them hurting us more, it is us letting them hurt us more.

Whether we believe most people are kind or not, we can control whether most people we spend time with are kind simply by choosing to spend more time with nice wizards and distance ourselves from those who are unkind as soon as we recognise they're not making our experiences better by being part of them.

You're absolutely right ~ surrounding ourselves with good people dilutes the impact of meeting the occasional unkind person.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It can be difficult to tell who someone really is until time is spent with them.

Being burnt this way more than once can lead to people having their guard up. It's only natural.

Of course being strong enough to trust is always a good thing, but, it's understandable if people are self protective.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Valcoor Dragonfind... on Mar 5, 2018 wrote:
Well, it happened again. I'm working on my teamup badge ( 1492/2000 ) and join a couple going into Olympus.
We had just started the first fight, when this "person" started telling me what spells to cast. (I was on my level 125 Storm)
When I told him that he shouldn't tell me how to play the game, he got nasty so I told them that after this fight was over, I was going to leave. I'm getting sick of low levels telling me how to play the game. After I killed the opposition, I put him on the ignore list and left.
When are these people going to realise that some of us won't put up with this.
"I'm getting sick of low levels telling me how to play the game."

Exactly!

Or even, any player...There is never a reason to be bossy, especially if everyone has only just met. That is so belittling to the other person.

I had to cut ties with someone who couldn't stop telling me how to play, what to do, when to do it, and if I said "but" they'd just keep saying it. From the very first days of the game all through my first year. Even shamed me for buying things, in front of others, too. It's no one's business what I buy if they're not in my immediate household or paying bills there. That was super embarrassing!

This past weekend I decided to help people via team ups and it was one bad experience after the next. I notice it happens more on busier days. Maybe that's when the more impatient players play? I don't know.

I posted in the Annoy topic about one of them, who not only told me what to do but waited until after everyone had chosen their action and the round had begun. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it then. Also who tells others not to hit, when the whole purpose is to defeat the enemies? (I can understand if it's the person's quest and they want to hit, that's fine; or if not everyone is in the circle yet but neither was the case there.)

Or players, usually lower level, who offer "helpful advice." I kept changing wizards in case something about one wizard had anything to do with it; even though in each case the other person was first to speak, and in each case I was in first spot, meaning, if anyone is 'captain' that's usually the one, right? Not the person in 2nd, 3rd, 4th spot...

Another stranger this past weekend, told me not to use same-school spells. Well I had someone else who always told me I should only use my own school's spells, always. It really is aggravating isn't it?

If the enemy is so low that the same-school spell will still defeat it, it doesn't matter. Also -- please don't be bossy, guys!

Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
as far as i know, the only way to know for sure who you're gonna team up with would be to invite wizards on your friend who you know are nice (if they're online). Ravenwood school of magical arts is filled with nice wizards like myself; who ever insulted you like that might have been having a bad day. though i do solute you for standing up for yourself .