Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Account flagged for suspicious billing activity.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
Oh come on Kingsisle, I thought we were friends!

I purchased about 240,000 Crowns because I wanna throw it away on some pack ( maybe I'll get lucky who knows? ) and I wanted to buy the Mirage Raider bundle thing because it looks nice.

I clicked continue and there it reads, OOPS! "We're sorry, but we are unable to complete your purchase at this time. This account has been flagged for suspicious or potentially fraudulent billing activity. For your safety..." ect.

So is my account about to be banned or deleted? I am 100% sure that no one has logged into my account besides me because I'm the only one who knows the password.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It's probably because you tried to buy so many crowns all at once. That's $240 all at once, right? Plus a house bundle for another $40 = $280. Have you ever spent that much money all in one go before?

KI undoubtedly has algorithms that flag for unusual activity or suspicious transactions that seem out of character for a given account. When they see something that doesn't look legit, they shut it down to prevent fraud and theft. You might have to contact KI via email to verify that it's you and you authorize the purchase.

It's also possible that your credit card is the one who called a halt to the purchase. They, too, look for weird or unusual activity and will stop a transaction from going through if it seems suspicious. Again, look for emails or texts from your bank to see if this is the problem and work with them to get the sale approved.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
May 17, 2014
You should be fine if you weren't actually involved in shady stuff. Kingsisle's probably just confused as to how someone has that much money lol

Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
@Freshta - Nope, I have never bought 240,000 Crowns before. I just recently came back to w101 after 3 Years because I'm bored and have nothing to do. Came back and was immediately hooked. Gotta take advantage of the 60,000 Crowns for $60, Fam.

Anyways I emailed KI and got it resolved, I'm able to purchase more crowns to fund my addiction. I finally got a perm wing that I always wanted, some nice gear and a couple of jewels.

@Nicole ShadowSong - I'm just rich. :^)

Survivor
May 23, 2013
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
gamergrrrl365 on Apr 6, 2018 wrote:
who did you email? help@kingisle.com?
If you're having trouble too, try

support@wizard101.com

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
i have the same problem how long do i have to wait till i can purchase something

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sonlux on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:
i have the same problem how long do i have to wait till i can purchase something
I'm not sure it is something you can just wait out. If it's not allowing purchases contact KI and find out what transactions they have had that caused it to be flagged. Tell them the last transactions you made and what you were trying to buy when it stopped working so they can see the timeline of it.

It's also a good idea to double check with your bank what transactions went through and make sure the funds were available at the time you attempted but were blocked from purchasing. Always make sure there are sufficient cleared funds before making a purchase as they can go through then be recalled later if the funds were not there. Recalling the transaction carries a charge, which KI pays. If this happens you will owe them for the purchase (as the money has been recalled) PLUS any charges they incurred as a result.

Good luck

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Oh my...first of all, you must be very rich, buddy. Second, you should contact KingsIsle for support and report this, just to assure them that you've done nothing wrong.

Good luck, hope you don't get banned! And enjoy your Crowns!