Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fourth Storyline?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
It's probably way too early to put an idea out for this, but is anyone else tired of the recurring theme we've seen thus far?

You know what I mean.

Older person who is knowledgeable about a darker thing is putting the Spiral at risk of destruction.

It's a cliche, and a good one at that. Don't mistake this for a complaint thread.
I was thinking, how about if we got something different this time? There's a near-endless vortex of tropes and possible combinations thereof. I personally would want an antagonist who's not a necromancer or a shadowmancer, but something more familiar, like say a Sorcerer or a pyromancer.
How about a villain who, instead of attempting to destroy the Spiral, is attempting to unify it under a single banner?
A villain who has an army that he will use to strictly enforce his ways on the people of the Spiral, and force them to abide by laws and customs set by him, even if it will hurt some people.
Additionally, this villain should absolutely believe that what he is doing is the right thing.

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
Maby the game could make it so that someone we've already met, turns evil. I know a common trend in wizard101 is betrayal but thats usually when we've just met them lol. Not like make a deal with someone and they hamstring you. Maby someone who has helped you since Wizard city (e.g: a professor) believes the spiral would do better if they are under control, because lets face it, the spiral is in need of a new leader, not someone who resorts to total destruction (Raven). But instead, the new leader hurts others when he thinks hes doing well, maby like a mad scientist thing or someone with the same insanity level as the Empress of Polaris. Idk, just a suggestion, if nto that idea maby an old villain we've fought before thats iconic, like Belloq.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Trigon101060 on Jan 16, 2018 wrote:
Maby the game could make it so that someone we've already met, turns evil. I know a common trend in wizard101 is betrayal but thats usually when we've just met them lol. Not like make a deal with someone and they hamstring you. Maby someone who has helped you since Wizard city (e.g: a professor) believes the spiral would do better if they are under control, because lets face it, the spiral is in need of a new leader, not someone who resorts to total destruction (Raven). But instead, the new leader hurts others when he thinks hes doing well, maby like a mad scientist thing or someone with the same insanity level as the Empress of Polaris. Idk, just a suggestion, if nto that idea maby an old villain we've fought before thats iconic, like Belloq.
The death school already has had 2 people linked to the Cabal turn against WC on behalf of Grandfather Spider regarding Polaris and Mirage.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
To the OP:

Since KI has made Duncan Grimwater and the witch enemies in order to get to Mirage and Empyrea; it seems as if the students and teachers of the Death School that resigned or thumbed their noses at the wizards of Wizard City, it seems as if KI is doing some weeding out of characters that are drawn to help Grandfather Spider.

As for a fourth storyline, it might be, but remember the Cave in the Savannah had animal signs of a Rat, Scorpion and Bat. If you are in Empyrea, you have taken care of Rasputin (Rat), Xerxes (Scorpion) and have yet to deal with the Bat.

I have only one wizard in Empyrea, so I don't have firsthand knowledge of who the Bat is.

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
Promethean oxnhors... on Jan 18, 2018 wrote:
To the OP:

Since KI has made Duncan Grimwater and the witch enemies in order to get to Mirage and Empyrea; it seems as if the students and teachers of the Death School that resigned or thumbed their noses at the wizards of Wizard City, it seems as if KI is doing some weeding out of characters that are drawn to help Grandfather Spider.

As for a fourth storyline, it might be, but remember the Cave in the Savannah had animal signs of a Rat, Scorpion and Bat. If you are in Empyrea, you have taken care of Rasputin (Rat), Xerxes (Scorpion) and have yet to deal with the Bat.

I have only one wizard in Empyrea, so I don't have firsthand knowledge of who the Bat is.
The bat helps u in Empyrea. I like this plot twist, Grandfather spider has 3 kids, 2 are evil, 1 of them help us destroy him, but remember what the Marleybonian said in the Savannah cave. He said hes the master of disguise and that hes very tricksy so maby we may defeat him at some point but for now, he remains good.

As for the next story line, we just have to see how grandfathers spider fall ends. Maby when we fight him in part 2, we see another villain rise. I would like to see Morganthe return. In Khrysalis, we only saw her fall out into space so she may return, who knows. I believe KI may already have a plan, they said they have many stories planned so we'll just have to wait and see. We've seen 2 people from the death school in Wizard city betray us, so who knows? maby more people or professors may betray us. Or even Ambrose...

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
It would be interesting if the teachers of Wizard City or even of other worlds would be turned for a short time, and come to their senses.

Call us as a threat to the Spiral for dabbling in Shadow, or even Raven for Bartleby almost dying

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I agree completely.

The villain has always been an adult, First Malistaire, Morganthe and now a creature who has been around for the longest time.

How about a young wizard, just like us. I would also love a tragic backstory for this villain. Which is the reason why he or she is turning against The Spiral/that particular world.

We haven't had a side world in a very long time, having a young villain for a side world, instead of the entire Spiral seems more plausible.

@trigon101060
Malistaire was brought back countless times before. It's an overused concept. Morganthe did fall out into space, maybe a quest where we find out what became of her, how she died etc.. I wouldn't want her to come back entirely.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
It is revealed after completing Darkmoor Graveyard, that Morganthe brought back Malistaire for Xilbaba. After he was defeated, the call was to powerful and he sought to restore House Drake by invoking an ancient rite of challenge.

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
What about someone who isn't Voldermort type evil, but Professor Umbridge type evil, you know, not entirely out to destroy the planet but harms students with a psychotic smile.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
I want to see a villain for once that doesn't identify with the death school lol. Something more surprising like life, ice or storm. I was thinking there would be some type of storm related villain or world at some point because we fought malistaire trying to awaken the dragon titan (fire), and ravens trying to awaken the ice titan (ice), so it would make sense to have a similar world with a storm titan/triton although that seems more like a single/side world like dragonspyre and wintertusk. I'd like to see another stormy/underwater world with mermaids etc since we've seen lady of the lake but no other merpeople. We've had enough ice themed worlds and fire/desert themed worlds, and empyrea isn't entirely stormy, it's sort of random and a jumble of the elements. Plus celestia was more alien/astrology vs sea people.