Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

getting banned for reporting someone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2017
Hey guys, so i don't really know where to post this but I'm posting it here because it happened int he commons.

Basically what happened was, i just ported back to the commons from a dungeon I did and there was a huge crowd surrounding two people arguing over something. I didn't get there in time to see the whole thing.It was between a girl and boy wizard. I didn't really see the girl say insulting stuff to the guy but he kept calling her a "peasant", "worthless", "garbage" etc. He even said she only exists to serve others, that she's poor and a bunch of other horrible things.

I was trying to keep my distance but i couldn't just stand and do nothing so i told him to stop or I'm going to report him because he is being way out of line. He ignored me and just continued with his insults.

I've seen enough and decided to report him with the message "calling someone garbage".

he then went offline and i said he might have gotten a time out because i reported him for being horrible.
then a level 1 balance wizard named Alex. ( who the girl accused of being his alternative account ) started messaging me telling me that i shouldn't have reported "that guy" because he's going to upload the video to YouTube and his fans will all report me etc. He said that the ban system is automatic and works on the amount of reports a player gets. It went on for some time him explaining how I'm going to be sorry for reporting etc and that im going to get banned within a day or two..

so Yeah, apparently im going to get banned for doing the right thing and reporting someone for saying horrible stuff.

If any admin or someone from kingsisle can reply to this, it would help a lot.

sorry for the wall of text.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Gabriel Crow on Dec 29, 2017 wrote:
Hey guys, so i don't really know where to post this but I'm posting it here because it happened int he commons.

Basically what happened was, i just ported back to the commons from a dungeon I did and there was a huge crowd surrounding two people arguing over something. I didn't get there in time to see the whole thing.It was between a girl and boy wizard. I didn't really see the girl say insulting stuff to the guy but he kept calling her a "peasant", "worthless", "garbage" etc. He even said she only exists to serve others, that she's poor and a bunch of other horrible things.

I was trying to keep my distance but i couldn't just stand and do nothing so i told him to stop or I'm going to report him because he is being way out of line. He ignored me and just continued with his insults.

I've seen enough and decided to report him with the message "calling someone garbage".

he then went offline and i said he might have gotten a time out because i reported him for being horrible.
then a level 1 balance wizard named Alex. ( who the girl accused of being his alternative account ) started messaging me telling me that i shouldn't have reported "that guy" because he's going to upload the video to YouTube and his fans will all report me etc. He said that the ban system is automatic and works on the amount of reports a player gets. It went on for some time him explaining how I'm going to be sorry for reporting etc and that im going to get banned within a day or two..

so Yeah, apparently im going to get banned for doing the right thing and reporting someone for saying horrible stuff.

Banning is not automatic and unless his friends were there at that time, they can't report you; remember they have to click on your name to send in a report. He's just a bullying, blow hard of a troll.
That was nice that you stood up for that girl, but being rude isn't a reportable offense, unless he was using bad language around the filter. True, he was taking it way out of line and maybe he'll get at least a mute from your report. All conversations reported are reviewed so it may happen.
You should have reported his other wizard, because threatening to have someone banned is an offense.
Next time, when you see someone being abused like that, tell them to use the "ignore" option, it works!

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Was this guy going around the filters when he was insulting this girl? Did he swear?

Being rude is not a reportable offense.

And about the whole Youtube thing. It's probably just a bunch of lies. To be completely honest I seriously doubt he has any fans at all.

I understand that you can't stand someone as rude as him. I wouldn't as well. But if he did not swear and just used insults which aren't filtered out then you could call your report false and your account potentially could get the bad end of the stick. (That is if your account has a history of false reports. Other wise you're completely fine).

Next time you see such fights, try to stay out of it. The ignore button is right there.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I'll reply just to keep this at the top of the forum. I doubt that the system is automatic, based on number. KingsIsle isn't going to allow their enterprise to be run by a bunch of bullies. Any person with 'fans' on a YouTube channel probably isn't worthy of having such status anyhow. If KingsIsle allows this kind of essentially televised bullying to occur, then I am sure they do not realize it is happening. Think about it, someone records their bullying, displays it on the internet, and somehow that is fine, given our current social climate? No way is KingsIsle going to allow themselves to be party to that.

Now, if the events went like you described, and everything in the story is what it seems, then I would be confident you have nothing to worry about. My comments are based on your description, so my comments should not be construed as supporting the above described events. If that sounds like a legal disclaimer, that's my day job.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Gabriel Crow on Dec 29, 2017 wrote:

I may be wrong, but as far as I know when someone gets reported, the KI staff look at the time it was reported and the previous conversation. If the report is for good cause, they'll ban the reportee and the reporter won't be touched.

I don't think you should have anything to worry about since the report was made in good faith and with good intentions.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Took some amount of guts to actually intervene.

Interesting how two game characters are arguing over, what? Who's more worthless or something?

I would've just reported and been on my way. But, just to note;

You can't get banned by the method he suggested. He just wanted you to feel guilty for reporting him.

Whenever reports are submitted, chat dialogue before and after the report has been submitted are taken into consideration. So, if your story is true, monitors will see the degrading exchange that took place.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
First off--the ban system isn't entirely automatic. If a user gets a certain amount of reports (15+) in a certain period of time, they will be muted temporarily. If they are reported for a specific reason, these reports are looked into by KI. I wouldn't believe that this person was a world-class youtuber that was going to expose you. In fact, all it would do is make him look bad.

You utilized the report tool properly and I applaud you for that. Thank you for looking out for the other users . Don't worry about getting banned, he obviously doesn't have much knowledge about the game and was only trying to scare you

Survivor
Mar 05, 2012
One thing I learned while searching online was that the realm Wu is where "Land of open chatters" go. Just hang out in Shopping district for a few minutes on a weekend!
I will report when someone is off the charts being nasty especially to new people who are obviously kids.
Really bugs me that I have to go around for many everyday words and they have the all the coding for nasty words!

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
serindipity2 on Dec 30, 2017 wrote:
One thing I learned while searching online was that the realm Wu is where "Land of open chatters" go. Just hang out in Shopping district for a few minutes on a weekend!
I will report when someone is off the charts being nasty especially to new people who are obviously kids.
Really bugs me that I have to go around for many everyday words and they have the all the coding for nasty words!
Sometimes I livestream my friend and I haunting the Wu realm looking for trouble. That report button catches on fire every single time