Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dueling for your house

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2015
I bought some of the dueling things for my house and I played some of them but now I can't go back into them. all that's left is a trophy. am I not able to? I never beat any of them I hope I didn't just waste my money. Please tell me it just needs time to redo.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It sounds like you bought some "one-shot" dungeons. They are single use only, so once you've gone through it all that you'll have left is a trophy, whatever dropped during that run, and the memories.

There are permanent housing gauntlets you can buy. If you can buy things online, they're currently selling a jouster gauntlet on the Wizard101 website. And at Walmart (I think?) there's a clock tower gauntlet. Sometimes old gauntlets come up in the Crown shop during "Throwback Thursdays," so keep you eye out.

As for the one-shots, you can get them for free by farming certain bosses. Off the top of my head, I know Rattlebones (Unicorn Way), Krokopatra (Tomb of Storms, Krokotopia) and Meowiarity (Big Ben Tower, Marleybone) all drop these dungeons. Also, I think the Jade Oni drops them (Mooshu).

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Unfortunately, those are One-Shot dungeons, meaning that each dungeon can only be completed once. Since you started it, but failed to actually defeat them, you can no longer go back. Therefore, I suggest having a team accompany you in the future, so that you do not waste your time or money.

Fortunately, however, these duels are also dropped by various bosses around the Spiral, so you can refill your previous stock of them through farming methods.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
TwiztidRose13 on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
I bought some of the dueling things for my house and I played some of them but now I can't go back into them. all that's left is a trophy. am I not able to? I never beat any of them I hope I didn't just waste my money. Please tell me it just needs time to redo.
It appears from the information you provided that you bought a One-Shot Gauntlet. By looking at the name of it, you only get "one-shot" to defeat the monsters inside for rewards. The moment you enter the sigil, the gauntlet gets converted into a trophy as a reward for your victory (or loss).

What I do is, if anyone dies, they just flee and use recall to get back into the fight.

When designing these, Kingsisle said they wanted it to be similar to a pack. Their idea was that instead of opening a pack to get rewards, you have to do a fight instead to get the rewards.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I think you must be talking about the one shot dungeons from the crowns shop. You can only do them once and then they turn into a trophy, so yeah!

You should have been able to recall until you defeated them though, so not sure how you managed that.