Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is asking for personal information reportable?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Hi,

I was questing and one of my friends asked me for my real name. And before that they said that they were very upset about something and I said I was sick and nothing more to try to make them feel better. Then they kept trying to ask me what sickness I had and they got angry when I didn't tell them. Then later they asked me what my real name was. This all sounds very suspicious. Should I report them?

Thanks,

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
indyjunior on Jul 30, 2017 wrote:
Hi,

I was questing and one of my friends asked me for my real name. And before that they said that they were very upset about something and I said I was sick and nothing more to try to make them feel better. Then they kept trying to ask me what sickness I had and they got angry when I didn't tell them. Then later they asked me what my real name was. This all sounds very suspicious. Should I report them?

Thanks,
I don't think it is reportable.

I only ever tell my real name to people that I've been friends with for years. However, in your case, it seems like the person is just trying to get to know you better.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Asking for "ANY" personal information is a reportable offense.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
indyjunior on Jul 30, 2017 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
If you read the Terms of Service/Terms of Use you'll find this, "(8) collect information about others (including e-mail addresses) without their consent." It also states, " (11) solicit, provide or exchange any personal information, including but not limited to user names or passwords." Both of these "terms" go against the Terms of Use; therefore, according to this, yes, asking for someone's name or providing your name (personal information) is a reportable offense—however, I don't know how personal one's name can be. I mean, I've seen players ask and give their name, as well as providing their age and country of origin, yet nothing has happened to them. Perhaps Dworgyn can provide further information on this matter?

You can check the Terms of Sevive/Terms of Use by clicking the following link: https://www.wizard101.com/game/termsofuse

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Angel of Solitude on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
If you read the Terms of Service/Terms of Use you'll find this, "(8) collect information about others (including e-mail addresses) without their consent." It also states, " (11) solicit, provide or exchange any personal information, including but not limited to user names or passwords." Both of these "terms" go against the Terms of Use; therefore, according to this, yes, asking for someone's name or providing your name (personal information) is a reportable offense—however, I don't know how personal one's name can be. I mean, I've seen players ask and give their name, as well as providing their age and country of origin, yet nothing has happened to them. Perhaps Dworgyn can provide further information on this matter?

You can check the Terms of Sevive/Terms of Use by clicking the following link: https://www.wizard101.com/game/termsofuse
There are many sites on the web that can provide you with even more personal information about someone by just having their name. That information includes email, phone, addresses. Some sites also give information that some would prefer not be made public. Unfortunately, we are all in those data bases.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
You could just say, that I prefer not to give out that information.