Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 52 with no crit

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Hello fellow wizards

I renewed my membership and I'm level 52 in celectia (didn't do wintertusk) , yet I still have no crit or block. What can I do to get critical gear without spending too many crowns? Any answer would help, Thank you!

Jonathan DawnHunter level 52

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
JonathanDawnHunter on Apr 8, 2017 wrote:
Hello fellow wizards

I renewed my membership and I'm level 52 in celectia (didn't do wintertusk) , yet I still have no crit or block. What can I do to get critical gear without spending too many crowns? Any answer would help, Thank you!

Jonathan DawnHunter level 52
You should stop doing Celestia and instead go on to finish Wintertusk first. The XP will help tremendously, and there is really good level 56 gear you can craft in Sudrilund.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
The crafted gear from Wintertusk is your best bet at this level. My level 56 balance is decked out in all of it, and while I don't critical often, my damage more than makes up for it. If you want to wait, you could plow through Celestia until you reach level 60, then start farming Waterworks. The link below will show you the gear. Good luck!

http://www.starsofthespiral.com/craftedgearswintertusk.htm

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Most critical gear can be found in the bazaar, or once you get to level 60, you can farm Waterworks gear, nothing is gonna give you a Decent critical percentage unless you invest with crowns, :p

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
There is actually decent critical gear in the Bazaar. If you had done Wintertusk, there is some crafted gear for level 56 that's good. Once you hit 60, there are truly excellent sets of gear from either Waterworks or House of Scales.

Hope that helps.

Moira Stormheart

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Do wintertusk the gear gives lots of crit and the crafted gear is on level with waterworks.

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
Crit is pretty rare for me even as a level 59. Wintertusk gives you pretty good gear that gives crit chances larger.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
There are also level 50 vendors in Wintertusk where you can buy some decent gear until you can craft your level 56 or find something better.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Thank you for all your answers!

The problem is, I play solo most of the time. Can I really solo wintertusk and waterworks?

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Leicrex on Apr 8, 2017 wrote:
Most critical gear can be found in the bazaar, or once you get to level 60, you can farm Waterworks gear, nothing is gonna give you a Decent critical percentage unless you invest with crowns, :p
None of what you just suggested needs crowns to complete. The Bazaar gear gives a passable critical rating until you can make it to 60 where both Waterworks and House of Scales gives a very decent critical rating without crowns.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
JonathanDawnHunter on Apr 9, 2017 wrote:
Thank you for all your answers!

The problem is, I play solo most of the time. Can I really solo wintertusk and waterworks?
At your level, Waterworks needs to be done with a team. There are many people who still farm it, so it shouldn't be hard to get in there and get it done.

I have soloed Wintertusk on every wizard I have. I always did this world before Celestia. WT gives massive XP and you will be able to access the L56 crafted gear, which is almost as good as Waterworks. My L67 Fire still wears his crafted Wintertusk gear and has soloed everything so far.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Moira Stormheart on Apr 9, 2017 wrote:
None of what you just suggested needs crowns to complete. The Bazaar gear gives a passable critical rating until you can make it to 60 where both Waterworks and House of Scales gives a very decent critical rating without crowns.
Unless you can achieve 50% critical, It's really useless. and the only way to do that if you don't have a critical pet, is to get the critical boots from packs, and pack/bundle wands give the highest critical as well.