Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Most Annoying BOSS of ALL

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Howdy there! I was wondering if anyone had a boss out of the ENTIRE spiral that was just a REAL pain! So far mine is any cheating boss in Azteca. lol

(I Love Balance)

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 93

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
DiamondAngel1234 on Apr 1, 2017 wrote:
Howdy there! I was wondering if anyone had a boss out of the ENTIRE spiral that was just a REAL pain! So far mine is any cheating boss in Azteca. lol

(I Love Balance)

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 93
Zeus Exalted instance if both Poseidon and Hades are there. If both are there, that fight is such a pain since you can't heal or blade :/

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
DiamondAngel1234 on Apr 1, 2017 wrote:

(I Love Balance)

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 93
for me, it's a tie between spirit of darkmoor, yevgeny whatshisface and shane von shane (or pain von lame, as i call him) in castle dread-more.

the cheats... oh god, the cheats. and the terrible drop rates. and constant team-up fails. i'm not sure which is worse.

the last time i did anything in darkmoor was well over a year ago and, though i hear it's been nerfed, it took so much out of me that, once i get the quest off my life wizard's books, i doubt i'll ever bother with it again. just thinking about it stresses me out.

if you're a casual player doing team up, these battles are so unnecessarily drawn out and difficult, and almost nothing they drop is even worth it (yev drops level 100 athame, but that's the only worthwhile drop between the 3 of them).

i wanted to love darkmoor, i really did. it's a beautiful world, in terms of music/story/design, but not even my undead boy-friend (smirk) could save this one for me.

-von

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
BrahmShadow on Apr 2, 2017 wrote:
Zeus Exalted instance if both Poseidon and Hades are there. If both are there, that fight is such a pain since you can't heal or blade :/
I found Tartarus easy pretty easy and we healed and I don't recall a cheat. But yeah it was hard.

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Dr Von on Apr 2, 2017 wrote:
for me, it's a tie between spirit of darkmoor, yevgeny whatshisface and shane von shane (or pain von lame, as i call him) in castle dread-more.

the cheats... oh god, the cheats. and the terrible drop rates. and constant team-up fails. i'm not sure which is worse.

the last time i did anything in darkmoor was well over a year ago and, though i hear it's been nerfed, it took so much out of me that, once i get the quest off my life wizard's books, i doubt i'll ever bother with it again. just thinking about it stresses me out.

if you're a casual player doing team up, these battles are so unnecessarily drawn out and difficult, and almost nothing they drop is even worth it (yev drops level 100 athame, but that's the only worthwhile drop between the 3 of them).

i wanted to love darkmoor, i really did. it's a beautiful world, in terms of music/story/design, but not even my undead boy-friend (smirk) could save this one for me.

-von
Oh my. Darkmoor sounds like a pain in the neck. I have 7 more lvl ahead until I get to Darkmoor. I believe I was told Darkmoor is lvl 100. I was looking forward to it, it sounded like a challenge. Now, I'm unsure lol. Is it a storyline quest? ((Pardon for getting off topic, just a bit curious now lol.))

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
For me it's probably all the Aquila bosses

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
DiamondAngel1234 on Apr 2, 2017 wrote:
Oh my. Darkmoor sounds like a pain in the neck. I have 7 more lvl ahead until I get to Darkmoor. I believe I was told Darkmoor is lvl 100. I was looking forward to it, it sounded like a challenge. Now, I'm unsure lol. Is it a storyline quest? ((Pardon for getting off topic, just a bit curious now lol.))
Darkmoor can be a lot of fun. Don't worry. Some people always find something to complain about.

I would suggest going through it the first time with people you know, or at least a full group, not random team up. It isn't crazy hard now, but it's much better working together.

Right now there aren't any bosses I find super annoying. The fights where cheats change can be tricky, as someone above said about the Zeus exalted, but that's entertaining too.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2017
For some reason, I hated Frostbranch on my Storm. He is a side boss in Austrilund,and a major cheater. Before turn 1 he cheat casts two black mantles on you, and then after turn 4 or 5 he cheat casts an Efreet on everyone, then an Earthquake on everyone. Being a lvl 57 Storm at the time, the Efreet + Earthquake + whatever he had already casted usually instantly killed me. Glad that boss this done.

Also Belloq got on my nerves and then also that Life boss in the Last Wood that healed almost every turn. Other than those, I really love most of the bosses!

Alexander Legendstrider
Boris Starforge
Charles Legendstrider
Wolf Starforge

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
Probably between Belloq or that one dragon boss in Avalon that spams enchant meteor strike almost every round.

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
Mavra Flamewing

I'm sorry if I'm so amateur but this is like, a level 58 speaking. SHE IS A PAIN IN MY TOOSH! The protection pox are so annoying! I could ramble on for half a page about her, especially because I'm fire, and I have to beat her twice!!

Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
Ugh
UGH!

I DO NOT LIKE MAVARA FLAMEWING!!

~ Alexis

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
I found Tartarus easy pretty easy and we healed and I don't recall a cheat. But yeah it was hard.
I wasn't referring to Tartarus, I was instead talking about the Zeus Exalted housing item. The cheats there are excessive and very difficult to counter if both Hades and Poseidon are there.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Darkmoor is pretty easy if you know what you're doing.

It's a side quest and you can obtain level 100 gear there, and most of the gear gotten there is the best in game up to even level 120.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The boss I loathe the most in the entire game? Rasputin. Or, as I prefer to call him, Rat-spew-a-ton of Minions.

Other bosses that I felt were extremely difficult/annoying include the (pre-nerf) Jabberwocky, and the first double-boss fight in Tower of the Helephant. And pretty much all of Darkmoor.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
Any boss within the Four Dungeons is a real pain in the neck to deal with, and I haven't even reached Darkmoor yet! I tend to hear people talk about how some of the bosses in Avalon are pretty difficult, but I found the world to be fairly easy for the most part. Although, I have to say that the smaller bosses in The Great Spire were quite the challenge when going through it at around level 50. Malistaire himself was a decent challenge, of course, but it's the others throughout the rest of the dungeon really stuck out to me.

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Daniel Ash Shield on Apr 3, 2017 wrote:
Any boss within the Four Dungeons is a real pain in the neck to deal with, and I haven't even reached Darkmoor yet! I tend to hear people talk about how some of the bosses in Avalon are pretty difficult, but I found the world to be fairly easy for the most part. Although, I have to say that the smaller bosses in The Great Spire were quite the challenge when going through it at around level 50. Malistaire himself was a decent challenge, of course, but it's the others throughout the rest of the dungeon really stuck out to me.
Malistaire in Dragonspyre was pretty hard, but trust me when I say this: Malistaire The Undying is even harder! He's the last you do in Azteca. The only way Malistaire dies is if you kill the other boss and the minions. They all have over 15k life, but the minion has 3k. Way worse than Dragonspyre trust me lol! At least Malistaire won't have 90,000 life in Azteca like he did in Dragonspyre.

(I Love Balance)

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 95

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Aquila. They just cheat tooo much and I got so sick of the vomiting frogs.
Also for a Wizard City dungeon that tower with the bosses that throw out 10,000 point group attacks was really bad.

Also the electric fish in Celestia. Thunderfin or something?

How does it make sense to have a battle that won't let you heal or hit anything over 2 or 3 pips, when the boss can do what it wants?

When I read the drops for Thunderfin are bad anyway I gave up.

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
SparkleTude on Apr 12, 2017 wrote:
Aquila. They just cheat tooo much and I got so sick of the vomiting frogs.
Also for a Wizard City dungeon that tower with the bosses that throw out 10,000 point group attacks was really bad.

Also the electric fish in Celestia. Thunderfin or something?

How does it make sense to have a battle that won't let you heal or hit anything over 2 or 3 pips, when the boss can do what it wants?

When I read the drops for Thunderfin are bad anyway I gave up.
Where is Thunderfin? What world? I may be able to come help if ya want. :)

(I Love Balance)

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 95

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011
This is easy - Jabberwock in Avalon and now Shadowwock in Mirage! It takes the right team with the right spells to get them done, and I never seem to have either! I hope the next world in Wiz is a "Wock-free" world!

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Anyone else sick and tired of being defeated by The Spirit of Darkmoor? I've cued with some really good people, and we ended up being wiped by that Fire DOT cheat. Five times. Are we sure that the Boss was nerfed? - Joshua Windcaster, Level 102

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Erica LifePetal on Apr 2, 2017 wrote:
Probably between Belloq or that one dragon boss in Avalon that spams enchant meteor strike almost every round.
You mean the Jabberwock? I found that boss really hard. The first time I was with 4 people and it was still hard! In the end, we beat, but on that turn, one of our members died, and so we had to battle him again so he beat the quest .