Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good Boy/Girl Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2014
I see people say "Good boy/girl" whenever their pet helps them in battle so does that help the pet keep doing it?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Although with popular belief, telling your pet how good it is does NOT, in fact, make it cast more often.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
it's in the text menu to say 'good girl/boy' because it is considered Good Luck to encourage your pet - it is a wiz tradition. We all applaud our pets when they are doing well.

feeding pets extra stuff (seeds, gear, jewels, etc) before going into battle always seems to boost my pets may cast actions.

they like attention, so show the love it never hurts.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
wizzytony10 on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
I see people say "Good boy/girl" whenever their pet helps them in battle so does that help the pet keep doing it?
That's something I've been curious about myself!! I have a Sea Dragon named Sasha who has the Spritely (May cast Sprite) talent, and I don't usually say the menu chat phrase "Good girl!" whenever she heals me because I figured it wouldn't make a difference.

However, one time I decided to say it just for the heck of it, and a round or two later she healed me again! So, I decided to say it again! Then in the next battle after that she healed me yet again! Sasha usually doesn't heal me that often, so I was really surprised!

It might just be a coincidence, but saying "Good boy/girl!" might make a difference! However, I don't know for sure because I'm not a developer for the game.