Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Immunity to Multiple Schools in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2012
I was in a practice 4v4, and it turns out we're against a low level life team with one 110 life (David Lifewhisper). When attacking, we found that the life was immune to all of our schools.. Including fire, ice, balance, myth, and maybe more that we did not attack with. My question is:

1) Is it possible to be immune to all/more than one school

2) If facing someone that is immune to schools, how should you defeat them?

3) We were all level 85 and under, so was there even any possible way for us to win?

Vanessa Summershade

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
It is possible by having more than 100 resist to such schools. This can be achieved with jade gear and a pet with proof and ward talents, among other things. However, you can use piercing. You're a bit early for Shadow Shrike, but Infallible gives pierce as well (you can just buy treasure cards). Pierce blades and globals work as well.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2015
Vanessa Summbersha... on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
I was in a practice 4v4, and it turns out we're against a low level life team with one 110 life (David Lifewhisper). When attacking, we found that the life was immune to all of our schools.. Including fire, ice, balance, myth, and maybe more that we did not attack with. My question is:

3) We were all level 85 and under, so was there even any possible way for us to win?

Vanessa Summershade
Vanessa,

I ran a Level 80 Life for a while using Jade Gear, Hat 20 resist, Robe 21 and boot 15, for a total of 56.
Then my pet gave me 15 more to Fire, Ice and Balance. Plus, I had 10 universal resist on my pet.
So, for Fire, Ice and Balance, I had 81 resist, just with that, not including the 10 additional resist I had to
Balance with jewels. Healing was 82% total, and I was extremely hard to beat.
This is because the Jewels gave me all of the accuracy that I needed, it counted the weak point of Jades.

I have seen players with up to 124% resist to certain schools, making it extremely hard to beat them.
When they have this much, it's usually not wroth the time it takes to setup to beat them.
Now with the Reshuffle change, it will be almost impossible to beat them.
KI has to find a way to limit Resist in PvP, one way or another, or it will be ruined, imo.

Can you beat a Jade, the answer is yes, but you have to have your Side deck set up for it at Level 70
to 80. Infallible TCs will give you 20 Pierce, and a Unstoppable on larger hits will give another 15.
As sKochiya stated, the pierce blades and the Global Pierce are also helpful in beating Jades.

This is the one big mistake that was made in PvP, was allowing Jades, and then adding Jewels to the
mix. It was as bad as allowing the old Wild Bolt to have too much accuracy.

I played my Life for four weeks, but quickly got bored, as it took little skill to win.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
3DGhost is right. The formula for factoring in resists should instead be

newDamage = oldDamage / (1 + resist)

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Vanessa Summbersha... on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:

Vanessa Summershade
Welcome to the party Vanessa!!

Jade Gear can be a pain. Peirce is the number one thing you need!!!

If your team is at least level 80, visit Enya Firemoon in Avalon to pick up a spear, it gives an extra 10% pierce.

Infallible is the biggest help though.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
okay i need to know what gear hes using and where i can get it lol also what level he is now im a life wizard so naturally i struggle in pvp because we are all but useless in pvp do to a lack of survivalbility because of crap gear