Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Something that most people would like changed.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2010
I would like to say before I begin that I am in no way bashing the game.
I am only bringing up 2 issues that if worked on would result in happier players.

1. I have noticed people get very upset when they have worked hard to get to a certain level to gain a certain spell, just to get there and realize later that they must first do something completely out of the way in order to even be eligible to do the school spell related quest and sometimes it takes forever and you are way over the required level before you get the card itself and or the spell quest is not reachable till higher levels.

For example there are quests in grizzleheim that can not be completed until way after the specified level because you must first stop doing story missions to now do almost all the quests in that entire area to get to one spell you were supposed to get 12 levels ago. Or, the newer Polaris level 108 spells you end up not getting the quest for until after finishing the entire areas quests and then another to get the quest and spell and by 110-112 you finally get it.

2. People getting bored with the game because there is a gap between level 60 and waterworks gear all the way to Darkmoor and the level 100 Malistaire gear there you must grind days to get. Within that 40 levels people start complaining about being bored and not getting anything good gear wise. Many people go to Waterworks and get what is commonly thought as the best gear in game for about 40 levels, all the way to Darkmoor which is actually the best gear in game so far. With the alternatives in gear there is, hardly anything that stands out to players between that time that would actually make a difference to stats unless you want to lose certain stats to gain others.

I have suggestions for both of these issues with cause distress among a huge amount of players in the game.

1. Maybe you could make a level appropriate dungeon somewhere in Avalon with new gear that is better than the current downgrades on the game now. They don't have to be hugely better just a little better than current things.
Enough to keep people from getting bored of not getting any decent upgrades in the area.

2. Maybe change the level in which you are eligible to gain these spells if we know they will obviously be a higher level when they get there due to the quest requirement and so on, because honestly there are very many times throughout the game where I can not get a spell until way later in the game and way later in levels.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
lvl 30 - Zeus
lvl 60 Waterworks
lvl 70 Atlantea
lvl 90 Tartarus
lvl 100 Darkmoor

mixed in between all the levels, PVP, Bundles, Crown Packs, Skeleton bosses

As of my ice wizard, i actually just recently finished Wintertusk at lvl 97ish... only because i got tired of it popping up and changing my current quest..... there's only 2 spells in winter tusk you get, going by my ice wizard.. legion shield, and frozen armor.... and i barely ever use frozen... and legion is just in grizzle..... there is 2 more spells, Snow drist, and Freddo, ice minion.... but you cant even do them till your in avalon, or lvl 75.... avalon level..... and even then, the spells you get arent even Major Game spells.... as say Whooly, or Fire from Above... or something

Survivor
Sep 22, 2010
My issue is not that there isn't gear, but rather that most gear you can get is a downgrade from the waterworks gear you get until you get to level 90 or 100. I am aware of the options available.

Explorer
May 25, 2016
Well for the spell quests I guess I could agree, but I am a pay by world player so I am lvl 34 and still don't have Tempest only because I'm choosing to work on Grizzleheim and unlock all that world before I unlock Marleybone. So idk how it works for member players. So I am always getting spells late since I don't wanna spend crowns on a world where the quest wants me to go when I'm in the middle of unlocking another world. Which I have no prob with, but it's annoying when someone says "Nicole can u temp?" And I say "don't have temp" they say I should bc of my lvl. But eh I'm just higher lvl in a lower world still questing which means it'll be easy.

As for people being bored, I see most maxs complaining their bored lol. I don't get bored. I honestly sometimes just come on to talk to people :)

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Wolfwhisker on Dec 17, 2016 wrote:
Well for the spell quests I guess I could agree, but I am a pay by world player so I am lvl 34 and still don't have Tempest only because I'm choosing to work on Grizzleheim and unlock all that world before I unlock Marleybone. So idk how it works for member players. So I am always getting spells late since I don't wanna spend crowns on a world where the quest wants me to go when I'm in the middle of unlocking another world. Which I have no prob with, but it's annoying when someone says "Nicole can u temp?" And I say "don't have temp" they say I should bc of my lvl. But eh I'm just higher lvl in a lower world still questing which means it'll be easy.

As for people being bored, I see most maxs complaining their bored lol. I don't get bored. I honestly sometimes just come on to talk to people :)
pushing lvl 103 just finish Khrysalis part one... cause.... i did every dungeon up to avalon, while in the pyramid of the sun, krok... annd because i do world completions, badges, quests, etc.... so i get asked the same, so i'm 103, why am i not in polaris?

Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
This is why Aquila was added. In fact, I just got a helmet from Poseidon that I consider better than my waterworks hood. It's not as concentrated on damage, but it is more widespread for accuracy and power pip chance.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
camahawk on Dec 16, 2016 wrote:
lvl 30 - Zeus
lvl 60 Waterworks
lvl 70 Atlantea
lvl 90 Tartarus
lvl 100 Darkmoor

As of my ice wizard, i actually just recently finished Wintertusk at lvl 97ish... only because i got tired of it popping up and changing my current quest..... there's only 2 spells in winter tusk you get, going by my ice wizard.. legion shield, and frozen armor.... and i barely ever use frozen... and legion is just in grizzle..... there is 2 more spells, Snow drist, and Freddo, ice minion.... but you cant even do them till your in avalon, or lvl 75.... avalon level..... and even then, the spells you get arent even Major Game spells.... as say Whooly, or Fire from Above... or something
Atlanta gear is trash, its crafted gear you want for wizard in the 70s and 80s

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
camahawk on Dec 16, 2016 wrote:
lvl 30 - Zeus
lvl 60 Waterworks
lvl 70 Atlantea
lvl 90 Tartarus
lvl 100 Darkmoor

In second thought, only the Atlantea boots are better than WW