Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the benefit of crafting?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
hi, I'm kind of new to crafting. But from what I've seen crafting seems to only really have value in decorations and some stitch-able gear. Could crafting be used to enhance dungeon gear or make gear equal to it? Because I'm having trouble seeing it's benefits.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Wintertusk gear at level 56 is almost as good as Waterworks without having to farm for it. There's good gear available in Avalon and Azteca as well. Rings and maycast wands in Khrysalis. School mounts. Decks at various levels but especially 100+. There's also Lore spells craftable from Avalon recipes.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
So in essence, especially if don't have the time necessary to farm for the higher up gear, Crafting provides an excellent substitute for those said gear.

Highly recommend you begin your crafting quests.

Get your Novice Crafter Badge Today!

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
piratical505 on Dec 4, 2016 wrote:
hi, I'm kind of new to crafting. But from what I've seen crafting seems to only really have value in decorations and some stitch-able gear. Could crafting be used to enhance dungeon gear or make gear equal to it? Because I'm having trouble seeing it's benefits.
You can craft dope gear and spells

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Crafting also allows you good access to item spells. Consider that Khrysalis has a recipe for an amulet with two Mana Burn item cards that cost the target 4 pips (rather than the usual 3).

There are also crafted clothing sets that grant dual bonuses to two schools (accuracy, damage, and critical, for example). This gear allows a wizard with a Mastery amulet to use their second school very effectively.