Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical and Block Rating Decay in Mirage, Why?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
I am beginning to wonder if maybe its time to remove crit and block altogether. I am aware that this might upset some players, but I rather have it gone than be punished for leveling up.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Black Pearl on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
I am beginning to wonder if maybe its time to remove crit and block altogether. I am aware that this might upset some players, but I rather have it gone than be punished for leveling up.
Given the sizable crowns and time invested by countless players toward increasing criticals, we really need a different solution, if possible.

Speaking of which, I proposal to make criticals and blocks scale properly and actually (unlike the current system) fits the narrative.

The idea is that the critical and block ratings work based upon the level of your target. A level 110 wizard or level 120 wizard with critical ratings would critical exactly as often against a rank 13 enemy. The enemy, in turn, would test its block rating against the attacker's level.

Area spells would need to check against the highest target level when cast, but would resolve Block as above. Heals would also check against your ally's level. Perhaps a bonus to critical chance on heals is needed to balance things out.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Black Pearl on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
It would have worked better if KI had set it up with a BASE amount.

Here is a thread with a suggestion to fix Crit/Block.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?478142-New-mechanic-for-Critical-Block

Survivor
Oct 26, 2013
This is a quality argument over nothing.