Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

frustrated beyond with critical rating!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2014
I am not getting the chances one bit! I have seen levels in the 70's with not even a third of my rating critical every round, yet I am not!

My character is life, Max 110.
rating is 541
says 57% chance

I even took out my boots from dark, that have block, for critical ones instead. My healing out is half of what I would prefer it to be, however in order to get any chances of critical AT ALL, I have to have my highest crit gear on.
I am just fed up with this, and honestly, quite embarrassing! anyone help cause I am honestly ready to scream!

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
What in the world?!

Are you sure that your critical rating isn't higher?

I'm a level 100 life wizard and I have a 479 critical rating that says 58% chance....

VERY STRANGE. Maybe some sort of glitch with life gear?

Or incredible unluckiness?

More details! What gears are you wearing?

Hero
May 07, 2015
hey, I am no life wizard, but I think someone said that as you level up, your critical goes down. don't quote me though, I'm not to sure

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
The higher your level, the higher your critical rating must be to get a higher percentage chance of getting a critical. It's very confusing.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
what you are experiencing my friend, is called "critical expansion" Every time you level up, the critical cap for your wizard increases even higher (in short, 58% critical, leveled up to 110, now 57% chance)

Since these wizards are a much lower level than you, so is their critical cap rating. which is why they can have a higher "chance" to critical than you, even though their critical rating isn't as high

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Well you are life lol. They are not known to have insanely good critical. My storm has 98% critical at 110, so the system is fine.

Happy questing wizard!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2014
Thanks everyone for your help in this! <3 I appreciate it very much.

I think the whole thing honestly is pretty confusing to me lol :P
Here are my stats for crit
(Edit, sorry, no outside picture links are allowed per the rules. ~Dworgyn)

ATTN-need help here since it says link in edit post --enter a url-- but not allowed to enter a url? how do I post a picture than because I cannot choose a direct pic from my computer

If I need to farm for more chance I will, I do have /undying mal boots but like I said no crit with them just block.

I like to get a high heal, I have my gear set to do damage and heal though prefer healing so critical heals are a big plus in a group setting.

Thanks again! xx

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Logan Sharp on Oct 26, 2016 wrote:
what you are experiencing my friend, is called "critical expansion" Every time you level up, the critical cap for your wizard increases even higher (in short, 58% critical, leveled up to 110, now 57% chance)

Since these wizards are a much lower level than you, so is their critical cap rating. which is why they can have a higher "chance" to critical than you, even though their critical rating isn't as high

Hope this helps!
I have never seen it explained like this before. The % part makes so much more sense now. I used to think x = critical rating, y = level, and z = percentage, so I could not come up with an equation that made sense. But knowing that y = critical cap creates an equation that makes much more sense than the one I was trying to wrap my head around before, even if I don't know what the specific numbers are. But now I know how to find them.