Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet System Needs Help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
Seriously. The pet system. A lot of work for not a lot of payoff. I don't know about anyone else, but it's my least favorite part of the game. I have been playing Wizard101 for at least 5 years, and it has never really improved for me. There are tons of cool pets out there, and some have some sweet abilities, but the sheer amount of exceedingly tedious work you have to put into getting those abilities? It's horrendous.

The only way I know of to make it not so horrible is to use high level pet snacks. High level pet snacks. Of which you only get if you are 'high level'. I only get snacks that put even the slightest dent in the amount of experience needed to level a pet on my 85 necromancer. Majority of all the levels below that? Inched my way along with only the hope that I'd get something worthwhile.

Come on! 125 experience just to get my Origami Crane to teen! It doesn't matter that it only costs 2 energy, it's tedious and the fact of the matter is that I don't want to put in the effort. I'll object to anyone calling me lazy because I have bred and leveled at least 5 pets to Ancient, 2 to above Ancient, and have done a ridiculous amount of breeding. The abilities have the possibility of being worth it, but it's a problem with the system if players don't want to do it. And let's not forget that I'm not just putting my Energy into pet training. I'm spending on other cool things like fishing and gardening. Most of the time I don't even have a full globe of Energy to spend on pet training. More reasons to avoid pet training. "Why spend what's left of my Energy just to get nowhere on my pet?"

The Pet Pavilion used to be full! I'd go in there in a crowded realm and be lagging cause there were so many people! Now I go to a crowded realm and the Pavilion is a ghost town. I noticed we don't have as many players as we used to, but it shouldn't be empty.

My point is that pet training shouldn't feel like a chore. Wizard 101 is a game, but pet training doesn't feel fun and sometimes doesn't feel worth it at all. "I did just fine in battles before without a fancy pet, why would I spend the time and energy on something I don't need?"

I tell other people about the pet system in Wizard 101 and people who regularly game for 6+ hours a day and put hundreds of hours into farming, say that the system isn't worth it. They're hard core gamers and they say they wouldn't bother with it. That's not good.

I'm not asking for a complete overhaul. I just think that 4 points a game is way too little. It gets you absolutely nowhere. Even just 10 would be okay! Then maybe after 5 games I might feel like I made a little bit of progress! I'm fine with the games being tedious and boring. I'm used to it. I can play them in my sleep. I honestly don't care anymore. I just want it less of a chore I have to force myself to do. It's not fun.

Am I just going about it wrong? Is there a better way to do it?

Please, the system seriously needs some help.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You can trade snacks to your lower level wizards with shared bank. Gardening can give you unlimited mega snacks. Use the tools available. It takes very little work to train a pet to ancient in one session with snacks from gardening. When I hatch, I immediately train the pet to adult or ancient depending on what talents it gets. Farm for seeds to create a garden that always produces snacks.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
use my tactic, have 2 accounts... and a winterbane... have the second account, a lvl 10 life wizard, or lvl 5 with the lvl5 crown gear (less dying) run though winterbane, go to the 3rd fight (the cooking one) fight them, they drop tons of mega snacks, after that leave and repeat or finish through.... bonus besides snacks... tc, gear, pets, seeds, reagents, money, etc.....

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I agree with the OP; the pet system can be improved. I love the fact you can feed your pet items in your backpack anytime you want. Because of this, it should also be possible to feed pet snacks to your pets anytime you want too.
There is no argument you can present that will convince me otherwise.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Tylerwildpants on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
I agree with the OP; the pet system can be improved. I love the fact you can feed your pet items in your backpack anytime you want. Because of this, it should also be possible to feed pet snacks to your pets anytime you want too.
I agree and I love your last line.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
seethe42 on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
You can trade snacks to your lower level wizards with shared bank. Gardening can give you unlimited mega snacks. Use the tools available. It takes very little work to train a pet to ancient in one session with snacks from gardening. When I hatch, I immediately train the pet to adult or ancient depending on what talents it gets. Farm for seeds to create a garden that always produces snacks.
I do garden. I do give snacks to my lower levels. There is only so much that it can do for me. The amount of snacks I have isn't really the problem, it's that they aren't enough. Yeah I have some nice ones that give me a good boost. Some. Once I run out, it's back to a measly handful of points. Getting from baby to adult really isn't a big deal, but adult to ancient is 500 points! Ten to maybe 30 points doesn't cut it! And 4 points a game?! The sheer number of games you have to play is ridiculous. I use the tools, and they help, but it feels like a drop in the bucket.

Anyway, I did acknowledge that pet snacks are great. I love pet snacks. I wouldn't bother with pets at all without them. Doesn't change the fact that raising pets is tedious and a chore. Especially if I'm breeding. Pet snacks run out quick. Well, good pet snacks run out quick.

Maybe I can raise a pet to ancient in one sitting. But I don't want to. It's too much work for possibly no good result, and then all those snacks and all that energy is wasted. I wish pet training wasn't a process I have to devote myself to, to get anywhere.

It's a problem with the system if I don't want do it. It's a game. It should be fun.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
camahawk on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
use my tactic, have 2 accounts... and a winterbane... have the second account, a lvl 10 life wizard, or lvl 5 with the lvl5 crown gear (less dying) run though winterbane, go to the 3rd fight (the cooking one) fight them, they drop tons of mega snacks, after that leave and repeat or finish through.... bonus besides snacks... tc, gear, pets, seeds, reagents, money, etc.....
I love the idea. Sounds great. But now I have to buy Winterbane. And I have to farm it for 6 characters. Just to get snacks to make leveling not as bad. For pets that might not even be worth it. Then I have to farm it again. For a pet that might not be worth it.

This helps the problem, but it isn't a solution. I don't want to be forced to devote possibly hours into farming bosses and dungeons just to get pet snacks. I'd rather spend that time on other things. I thought the point of pets was to be a side activity to the normal content. Now to get anywhere in raising my pets, I have to put aside the content just for this one thing!

See what I mean? The system as it is now, doesn't make it worth my time to pet train. Honestly, just 10 points a game and I'd be perfectly fine with it. Even just 8 is okay. I have no problems with any part of the pet system except the tiny amount of xp they give you per game.

Thank you very much for your advice, but I'd prefer Kingsisle change the system into something tolerable.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I think you should be able to feed snacks to pets, but it should still cost the same as a training game in energy. This would allow the convenience of skipping games but still keep the limitations of energy in check. People who choose to use the games would get the 4 extra training XP is all. Without requiring energy it would be nearly instant training to Ultra for those who have Mega Snack gardens.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
seethe42 on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
I think you should be able to feed snacks to pets, but it should still cost the same as a training game in energy. This would allow the convenience of skipping games but still keep the limitations of energy in check. People who choose to use the games would get the 4 extra training XP is all. Without requiring energy it would be nearly instant training to Ultra for those who have Mega Snack gardens.
Outstanding idea!

I'd also suggest that game XP and stat bumps should be increased to award up to 12xp / stats. Just triple current awards. This will make the games less tedious on new players, while not affecting the mega snacks players much.

Another suggestion is to tie pet training into the daily rewards or crowns videos in some way. Maybe players watching crowns videos could get specials on mega snack packs from time to time?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
seethe42 on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
This is a great suggestion - be able to feed your pets snacks, but it uses energy up in the process. I have no issues with this; its a viable solution that benefits everyone.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Valkoor Skullhunte... on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
I love the idea. Sounds great. But now I have to buy Winterbane. And I have to farm it for 6 characters. Just to get snacks to make leveling not as bad. For pets that might not even be worth it. Then I have to farm it again. For a pet that might not be worth it.

This helps the problem, but it isn't a solution. I don't want to be forced to devote possibly hours into farming bosses and dungeons just to get pet snacks. I'd rather spend that time on other things. I thought the point of pets was to be a side activity to the normal content. Now to get anywhere in raising my pets, I have to put aside the content just for this one thing!

See what I mean? The system as it is now, doesn't make it worth my time to pet train. Honestly, just 10 points a game and I'd be perfectly fine with it. Even just 8 is okay. I have no problems with any part of the pet system except the tiny amount of xp they give you per game.

Thank you very much for your advice, but I'd prefer Kingsisle change the system into something tolerable.
Farming dungeons for snacks is really a waste of time in my opinion. Farming for seeds is time better spent if you want an endless supply of mega snacks. Load up on Couch Potato seeds and you will always have 1000's of +45-50 mega snacks. They always reseed themselves and always drop mega.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I spent a bunch of money on evil magma peas, so I would have a steady supply of mega snacks to make the leveling faster. Even so, it takes way too long. I have to play almost 80 games to get my pet to mega, and then it normally develops some horrible selfish talent, so I have to start over. Plus I find the pedigree too complicated. I don't really understand why one talent is selected over another, and the randomness is really unfair considering how much time and money goes into it.

I don't think they'll ever change it now, though, because the people who spent literally hundreds of hours creating the perfect pet would be really mad if it suddenly got easier for everyone else.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
seethe42 on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
Farming dungeons for snacks is really a waste of time in my opinion. Farming for seeds is time better spent if you want an endless supply of mega snacks. Load up on Couch Potato seeds and you will always have 1000's of +45-50 mega snacks. They always reseed themselves and always drop mega.
I completely disagree with you on this one.

Just as its true, some folks love to garden, who won't ever waste time farming...
...its also true there are some folks who love to farm, but hate gardening!

Of course there are some folks who garden and farm. Just as there are other folks who skip gardening and farming altogether; and simply buy an unlimited supply of mega snacks; because they can!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
windrunner585 on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
I spent a bunch of money on evil magma peas, so I would have a steady supply of mega snacks to make the leveling faster. Even so, it takes way too long. I have to play almost 80 games to get my pet to mega, and then it normally develops some horrible selfish talent, so I have to start over. Plus I find the pedigree too complicated. I don't really understand why one talent is selected over another, and the randomness is really unfair considering how much time and money goes into it.

I don't think they'll ever change it now, though, because the people who spent literally hundreds of hours creating the perfect pet would be really mad if it suddenly got easier for everyone else.
The game changes and evolves as time goes on. At one time, you had to level up your own wizards to level 50. Now, you can take a potion and instantly be a level 50! Could you imagine make the process easier and faster for folks to level and train their pets too!?!?

I've personally spent hundreds of hours creating perfect pets, and I'll be the first in line to help make protest signs and sandwiches for everyone against making the pet training and leveling process easier and faster; because I'm nice, and believe its important to help support other people's causes.

However, if you actually do improve the pet training and leveling process so its easier and faster, then I would shake your hand, high five, hug; and pull some strings to have a star in Hollywood created for you, because I've personally spent hundreds of hours creating perfect pets; and I would appreciate being able to train and level all pets easier and faster!

Thankfully, after creating many perfect pets, I now spend time hatching with other players to help speed up the process for them! All of their pets turn out fine, and the game hasn't crashed yet; no matter how many times we hatch!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Tylerwildpants on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
The game changes and evolves as time goes on. At one time, you had to level up your own wizards to level 50. Now, you can take a potion and instantly be a level 50! Could you imagine make the process easier and faster for folks to level and train their pets too!?!?

I've personally spent hundreds of hours creating perfect pets, and I'll be the first in line to help make protest signs and sandwiches for everyone against making the pet training and leveling process easier and faster; because I'm nice, and believe its important to help support other people's causes.

However, if you actually do improve the pet training and leveling process so its easier and faster, then I would shake your hand, high five, hug; and pull some strings to have a star in Hollywood created for you, because I've personally spent hundreds of hours creating perfect pets; and I would appreciate being able to train and level all pets easier and faster!

Thankfully, after creating many perfect pets, I now spend time hatching with other players to help speed up the process for them! All of their pets turn out fine, and the game hasn't crashed yet; no matter how many times we hatch!
Wow, you really nailed your point well and I love it. I'm as frustrated as many other players are for spending hours,hours and more hours trying to get good pet with a heal ability which can be difficult going solo without it. So I support your post

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
I completely disagree with you on this one.

Just as its true, some folks love to garden, who won't ever waste time farming...
...its also true there are some folks who love to farm, but hate gardening!

Of course there are some folks who garden and farm. Just as there are other folks who skip gardening and farming altogether; and simply buy an unlimited supply of mega snacks; because they can!
As I said, it's my opinion. I used to farm for snacks, but spending 45 minutes to get 2 +25 snacks isn't as useful in the long run as spending that same time to get seeds that will keep giving +40, 45, 50 every few days without any more time invested. It's just advice, take it or leave as you wish. My gardens take me about 10 mins a week to get 100's of mega snacks. Farming takes me 45 mins in Mirror Lake to get 2 snacks that are half the boost. It's a question of whether you want to spend time once, up front farming seeds. Or spend several hours every day to farm enough snacks to finish a single or fraction of a training session.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
seethe42 on Oct 26, 2016 wrote:
As I said, it's my opinion. I used to farm for snacks, but spending 45 minutes to get 2 +25 snacks isn't as useful in the long run as spending that same time to get seeds that will keep giving +40, 45, 50 every few days without any more time invested. It's just advice, take it or leave as you wish. My gardens take me about 10 mins a week to get 100's of mega snacks. Farming takes me 45 mins in Mirror Lake to get 2 snacks that are half the boost. It's a question of whether you want to spend time once, up front farming seeds. Or spend several hours every day to farm enough snacks to finish a single or fraction of a training session.
Wait, I can spend hours farming enough snacks to finish a single or fraction of a training session!?!
Oh my goodness, where can I sign up; cause I'm in!

Many players successfully garden or farm, or do both!
Hardcore players do stack gardening and speed farm; because they can and do!

Wait, what's stack gardening?
Players can triple stack garden plots, so they're able to harvest more; but use less garden energy in the process.

Wait, but what plants should I have in my garden that drop mega snacks?
  • Evil Magma Peas; spend crowns, but you can also get them from bosses in Avalon.
  • Coach Potatoes; spend crowns, or fighting mobs in Grizzleheim,
  • Deadly Helephant Ears; spend crowns or get them as rare drops
  • Sword Fern; spend crowns, or farm Ghost Dog (Shadow) and Young Morganthe
  • Prickly Bear Catcus; you need a garden level of rank 5 before you can use them
Hold on, are there dungeons in the game that drop mega snacks?
  • Winter Bane Dungeon found in some player's houses
    - Can take 20-60 minutes to complete
  • Waterworks; dungeon is located within Crab Alley, Titian Avenue, Wizard City; accessible after you reach level 60
    - Can take 40-60 minutes to complete
  • Mirror Lake in Zafaria
    - Can take 25-30 minutes speed farming

• Graveyard in Darkmoor
    - The battle can take 25+ minutes
Wait, what's speed farming?
Repeatedly complete a battle or dungeon faster; and in less rounds

Can you give an example of speed farming?

A Loremaster run can repeatedly be done in 1-2 rounds; with 1-4 players.
Loremaster doesn't drop mega snacks. But she does drop over 17 spells, and that's enough of reason to try to battle her; again and again!

How can you battle Loremaster in just 1-2 rounds?

• Bring a storm wizard with a boosted Squall Bugs spell
    - Place a blade on the storm, a trap or feint on Loremaster; or both before the storm hits

• Bring a fire wizard with a boosted Raging Bull Spell
Is there any place else to get really nice pet snacks?Hazel is a snack vendor in Polaris with nice pet snacks to sell you

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Oct 27, 2016 wrote:
Wait, I can spend hours farming enough snacks to finish a single or fraction of a training session!?!
Oh my goodness, where can I sign up; cause I'm in!

Many players successfully garden or farm, or do both!
Hardcore players do stack gardening and speed farm; because they can and do!

Wait, what's stack gardening?
Players can triple stack garden plots, so they're able to harvest more; but use less garden energy in the process.

Wait, but what plants should I have in my garden that drop mega snacks?
  • Evil Magma Peas; spend crowns, but you can also get them from bosses in Avalon.
  • Coach Potatoes; spend crowns, or fighting mobs in Grizzleheim,
  • Deadly Helephant Ears; spend crowns or get them as rare drops
  • Sword Fern; spend crowns, or farm Ghost Dog (Shadow) and Young Morganthe
  • Prickly Bear Catcus; you need a garden level of rank 5 before you can use them
Hold on, are there dungeons in the game that drop mega snacks?
  • Winter Bane Dungeon found in some player's houses
    - Can take 20-60 minutes to complete
  • Waterworks; dungeon is located within Crab Alley, Titian Avenue, Wizard City; accessible after you reach level 60
    - Can take 40-60 minutes to complete
  • Mirror Lake in Zafaria
    - Can take 25-30 minutes speed farming

• Graveyard in Darkmoor
    - The battle can take 25+ minutes
Wait, what's speed farming?
Repeatedly complete a battle or dungeon faster; and in less rounds

Can you give an example of speed farming?

A Loremaster run can repeatedly be done in 1-2 rounds; with 1-4 players.
Loremaster doesn't drop mega snacks. But she does drop over 17 spells, and that's enough of reason to try to battle her; again and again!

How can you battle Loremaster in just 1-2 rounds?

• Bring a storm wizard with a boosted Squall Bugs spell
    - Place a blade on the storm, a trap or feint on Loremaster; or both before the storm hits

• Bring a fire wizard with a boosted Raging Bull Spell
Is there any place else to get really nice pet snacks?Hazel is a snack vendor in Polaris with nice pet snacks to sell you
What does any of this have to do with my post? You pretty much just spelled out what I said. 30 minutes in Mirror Lake, with a team for 2 +25 snacks = a minimum of four hours farming, 50 energy and 15 pet games to reach Adult. With a stacked garden you have unlimited FULL mega snacks (+45-50) by checking your garden a couple times a week for a few minutes, and training to adult uses 26 energy and only 8 pet games.
Like I said and you agreed in your post. It takes many hours to farm enough snacks to train just one session. Four hours minimum just to complete a HALF training session, and that's if you have a team that can do Mirror Lake in less than 30 mins and is willing to spend their whole night farming it.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Agreed!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Valkoor Skullhunte... on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
Seriously. The pet system. A lot of work for not a lot of payoff. I don't know about anyone else, but it's my least favorite part of the game. I have been playing Wizard101 for at least 5 years, and it has never really improved for me. There are tons of cool pets out there, and some have some sweet abilities, but the sheer amount of exceedingly tedious work you have to put into getting those abilities? It's horrendous.

The only way I know of to make it not so horrible is to use high level pet snacks. High level pet snacks. Of which you only get if you are 'high level'. I only get snacks that put even the slightest dent in the amount of experience needed to level a pet on my 85 necromancer. Majority of all the levels below that? Inched my way along with only the hope that I'd get something worthwhile.

Come on! 125 experience just to get my Origami Crane to teen! It doesn't matter that it only costs 2 energy, it's tedious and the fact of the matter is that I don't want to put in the effort. I'll object to anyone calling me lazy because I have bred and leveled at least 5 pets to Ancient, 2 to above Ancient, and have done a ridiculous amount of breeding. The abilities have the possibility of being worth it, but it's a problem with the system if players don't want to do it. And let's not forget that I'm not just putting my Energy into pet training. I'm spending on other cool things like fishing and gardening. Most of the time I don't even have a full globe of Energy to spend on pet training. More reasons to avoid pet training. "Why spend what's left of my Energy just to get nowhere on my pet?"

The Pet Pavilion used to be full! I'd go in there in a crowded realm and be lagging cause there were so many people! Now I go to a crowded realm and the Pavilion is a ghost town. I noticed we don't have as many players as we used to, but it shouldn't be empty.

My point is that pet training shouldn't feel like a chore. Wizard 101 is a game, but pet training doesn't feel fun and sometimes doesn't feel worth it at all. "I did just fine in battles before without a fancy pet, why would I spend the time and energy on something I don't need?"

I tell other people about the pet system in Wizard 101 and people who regularly game for 6+ hours a day and put hundreds of hours into farming, say that the system isn't worth it. They're hard core gamers and they say they wouldn't bother with it. That's not good.

I'm not asking for a complete overhaul. I just think that 4 points a game is way too little. It gets you absolutely nowhere. Even just 10 would be okay! Then maybe after 5 games I might feel like I made a little bit of progress! I'm fine with the games being tedious and boring. I'm used to it. I can play them in my sleep. I honestly don't care anymore. I just want it less of a chore I have to force myself to do. It's not fun.

Am I just going about it wrong? Is there a better way to do it?

Please, the system seriously needs some help.
I agree with this! But I do think the games should be replaced (except the ninja pig one, which is the only good one), or new games should be added.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I do garden. I do give snacks to my lower levels. There is only so much that it can do for me. The amount of snacks I have isn't really the problem, it's that they aren't enough. Yeah I have some nice ones that give me a good boost. Some. Once I run out, it's back to a measly handful of points. Getting from baby to adult really isn't a big deal, but adult to ancient is 500 points! Ten to maybe 30 points doesn't cut it! And 4 points a game?! The sheer number of games you have to play is ridiculous. I use the tools, and they help, but it feels like a drop in the bucket.

Anyway, I did acknowledge that pet snacks are great. I love pet snacks. I wouldn't bother with pets at all without them. Doesn't change the fact that raising pets is tedious and a chore. Especially if I'm breeding. Pet snacks run out quick. Well, good pet snacks run out quick.

Maybe I can raise a pet to ancient in one sitting. But I don't want to. It's too much work for possibly no good result, and then all those snacks and all that energy is wasted. I wish pet training wasn't a process I have to devote myself to, to get anywhere.

It's a problem with the system if I don't want do it. It's a game. It should be fun.
I'll further expand on this point with math.

If you play one game every day:

500 points needed/4 points per day = 125 days = 17 weeks and 6 days = 4 months and 3 days = 34% of a year.

It would take 4 months and 3 days to get your pet to ancient.This means, in a single year, you could only train two pets to ancient, and a third pet would be almost there.That's insane.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015

I have Winterbane, we could meet up if you wanted.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Liam Wyrmhammer on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
Outstanding idea!

I'd also suggest that game XP and stat bumps should be increased to award up to 12xp / stats. Just triple current awards. This will make the games less tedious on new players, while not affecting the mega snacks players much.

Another suggestion is to tie pet training into the daily rewards or crowns videos in some way. Maybe players watching crowns videos could get specials on mega snack packs from time to time?
I love the idea of pet training being tied with daily rewards!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fable Finder on Oct 28, 2016 wrote:
I'll further expand on this point with math.

If you play one game every day:

500 points needed/4 points per day = 125 days = 17 weeks and 6 days = 4 months and 3 days = 34% of a year.

It would take 4 months and 3 days to get your pet to ancient.This means, in a single year, you could only train two pets to ancient, and a third pet would be almost there.That's insane.
Why would anyone impose such a pointless limit on themselves? They clearly don't want a pet with talents if they play like that.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
seethe42 on Oct 28, 2016 wrote:
What does any of this have to do with my post? You pretty much just spelled out what I said. 30 minutes in Mirror Lake, with a team for 2 +25 snacks = a minimum of four hours farming, 50 energy and 15 pet games to reach Adult. With a stacked garden you have unlimited FULL mega snacks (+45-50) by checking your garden a couple times a week for a few minutes, and training to adult uses 26 energy and only 8 pet games.
Like I said and you agreed in your post. It takes many hours to farm enough snacks to train just one session. Four hours minimum just to complete a HALF training session, and that's if you have a team that can do Mirror Lake in less than 30 mins and is willing to spend their whole night farming it.
I agree with the Original Poster who made the observation the pet system needs help. Just as I only agreed with your suggestion as an alternative to playing pet games, is to allow players be able to feed their pets pet snacks; and tie it to costing garden energy in the process. This is a great suggestion that has tremendous merit.

Now, you've repeatedly stated how much you don't like to waste your time doing the same battles and dungeons over and over again; because you feel this activity doesn't bring you greater reward fast enough.

Unlike yourself, I personally enjoy helping other players, and invariably find myself in the same battles and dungeons I've already done; they still need to get through. Yes, some of these players might be farming for specific drops and rewards. But I've never found repeatedly doing these battles or dungeons a waste of time; because I'm helping other individuals successfully get through them.