Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wc to ds needs to be redesigned.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
The game is vastly different now than when it was first introduce, and not just graphics. So much so that wizard city to dragonspyre desperately need to be redesigned. Updated and brought up to the same level as the rest of the game.

Its bad enough that develop felt the need to make it possible for existing players to totally skip the original worlds, and that shouldn't have been needed.

The graphics need to be redone, because this is the first thing people see when they start playing, and I've known a number of players who were so bored with everything being the same for such a long time that about half-way through Krok, they quit the game.

But the graphics aren't the biggest problem. The mechanics are. Here are examples:

Every enemy ignores its school. Once you're past DS, the enemies stick with their schools, with few exceptions - and most of those are bosses with cheats. But WC to DS, the enemies just cast the most powerful attacks that are available at their level regardless of whether it's part of their school or not.

Every single enemy uses weakness. As if all of them were balance, or all of them trained just that one balance spell, ignoring the fact that it's not possible for players to train just weakness.

There are way too many copies of the same thing - walking trees on multiple worlds, with different names, but still walked tress. Skeletal pirates, just lots of different names. Rotting fodders, and lots of different names.

Creatures that make no sense what so ever where they're found - trolls running around in Marlybone. Really? Why on earth would you find a fantasy creature in a science and engineering based world?

And minor spells that should have stayed in wizard city still being cast in high level worlds - dark sprite being cast by Malistair's minions in the final battle of the first story arch, for example. Dark sprite should have stopped being cast by death enemies after wizard city. And so should all the original, level 1 spells - imp, firecat, storm snake, and so on.

There are quite a few other improvements that need to be done, and I hope that someone on the development team is willing to tackle this. Because wizard101 is a wonderful game. But when part of it, and especially the starting part, is massively outdated, wonderful in concept, and wonderful in the second half, doesn't keep or attract new players.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
yeah, graphics need a little tuning, like all what is suppose to be a turn, is 3/4 angles, what was suppose to be a circle is a wonky octagon, what was suppose to be a picture frame is flat with the picture, every building but the housing shop in shopping district are all the exact same, pictures and all. yeah and thats just wizardcity....

wizard city should tone down a bit, i mean, i was on my lvl 5 storm wizard, in triton avenue, i got hit by a banshee, using cyclops with a myth blade and trap, and i got hit by 600 damage, and we're suppose to be running with barely anything for health, pets, resist, and attack? only thing that kept me alive was my pet using sprite for what 90 healtth i had left.

wizard city, 1/2 pipped spells, but thats it, and i'm not worried about it being every spell attacks, there's only 15 attacks they can do, counting natural attack

krok, 1/2/3 pipped spells, with blade and shields, and toned to only their area and spiritual/ balance spells. so you wont see a fire salamander use ice or storm

Marley, 2/3/4 pipped spells, and adds traps and now they stick to their category, spiritual, elemental, balance... which would be set to also use what ever category, you're not

mooshu, 2,3,4,5, and they stick to their school class

Dragon, ,4,5,6,7 pipped spells, and adds dispels, i guess

that's my imput

Explorer
May 09, 2011
I'll say this much: the Level 50 elixir was an awful idea, even at its price of a good $50 donated to KI. Every other point was very well described even though they were only a few sentences. But there's the big question of how much time do the devs have to work. If they thought out a whole new animation and whole new characters we'd get an update about once every nine months at the fastest. It takes them that long sometimes, because they're designing new worlds. Zafaria's a good place to go if you're bored of the old sprites.

Weakness: 100%. Please let like only bosses use that lol

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Yeah the graphics do need to be updated to the pirate101 graphics however the worlds don't need much change but every so often KingsIsle does make changes to the worlds.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
crystalwizard12345... on Sep 26, 2016 wrote:
The game is vastly different now than when it was first introduce, and not just graphics. So much so that wizard city to dragonspyre desperately need to be redesigned. Updated and brought up to the same level as the rest of the game.

Its bad enough that develop felt the need to make it possible for existing players to totally skip the original worlds, and that shouldn't have been needed.

The graphics need to be redone, because this is the first thing people see when they start playing, and I've known a number of players who were so bored with everything being the same for such a long time that about half-way through Krok, they quit the game.

But the graphics aren't the biggest problem. The mechanics are. Here are examples:

Every enemy ignores its school. Once you're past DS, the enemies stick with their schools, with few exceptions - and most of those are bosses with cheats. But WC to DS, the enemies just cast the most powerful attacks that are available at their level regardless of whether it's part of their school or not.

Every single enemy uses weakness. As if all of them were balance, or all of them trained just that one balance spell, ignoring the fact that it's not possible for players to train just weakness.

There are way too many copies of the same thing - walking trees on multiple worlds, with different names, but still walked tress. Skeletal pirates, just lots of different names. Rotting fodders, and lots of different names.

Creatures that make no sense what so ever where they're found - trolls running around in Marlybone. Really? Why on earth would you find a fantasy creature in a science and engineering based world?

And minor spells that should have stayed in wizard city still being cast in high level worlds - dark sprite being cast by Malistair's minions in the final battle of the first story arch, for example. Dark sprite should have stopped being cast by death enemies after wizard city. And so should all the original, level 1 spells - imp, firecat, storm snake, and so on.

There are quite a few other improvements that need to be done, and I hope that someone on the development team is willing to tackle this. Because wizard101 is a wonderful game. But when part of it, and especially the starting part, is massively outdated, wonderful in concept, and wonderful in the second half, doesn't keep or attract new players.
I agree with everything except the dark sprite stuff. I find it to be an awesome nostalgic throw back when you're doing a level 100+ duel but you get to do in in wizard city. I just think the questing needs to be streamlined polaris style. I had no idea what or why I was doing stuff until then. graphics too I guess.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
I don't really find the mechanics to be much of an issue, the first arc is supposed to be relatively easy, and with item cards or treasure cards, the first arc is even less trouble. Although i do agree with a graphic overhaul for the first arc worlds, it's more of a matter if KI is willing to put in the time to redo the entire first 5 worlds of the game. It may not sound like much at first, but it's a pretty tall order.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
I agree this game needs to be revamped like I am in Polaris and when I look down my character has a very old model and it needs a extreme revamp and I am not saying make it look like irl to the extreme maybe a more smooth model would be nice.