Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

sidequests useless?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2013
So i were doing sidequests but i have stopped doing it because i feel KI dont support it like i am a wizard and Before i even started mooshu i had gotten the plauge oni quest.
wolf dragonhammer 45

Explorer
May 25, 2011
Impossible. Plague Oni is not a side quest unless you are level 48 and then it is a quest to receive a spell and a pet for some schools including life but you are only level 45 not level 48. Besides, side quests are not useless because they provide you with loads of xp.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
If you do the Find Tomes/Rune stone type quests for their rewards, skipping all other side quests means you will miss some of the tomes or runes.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I wouldn't say they are all useless (since zeke's quest give you training points) Also they are really meant to give you a chance to explore the world a little more than you would have without them. If you are a badge collector you can earn a certain ones by doing the sidequests too. The free xp is nice too since it usually means you can end up rather over leveled in future worlds which makes questing a touch easier (since higher levels give you access to better gear)

Technically two whole worlds are purely side quests but people do them anyway because XP, Training Points, and useful content.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
sidequests are a wizards friend!....I have leveled up many times just by doing sidequests...this in turn gives your wizard a boost up with health,etc. that helps do the battles with the quests that ARE required in order to move thru the storyline.....they DO give some good returns.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
It certainly helps you not be too underleveled for the next area/world you're going in to! Plus sometimes they offer extra badges and it also just provides another good story to follow!

Alia GoldLeaf lvl 104

Survivor
Sep 20, 2011
See the major problem that people have it that while it is possible to reach level 110 without taking a single side quest it puts you out of your way and results in you having a hard time getting to that point side quests are there as said by others for badges and a way to explore the world kingsisle made I myself only bothered on side quests with 2 of my 6 wizards but enjoyed doing them and the new bosses and their gear drops for decoration pieces later on as well as my favourite side quests crafting :P Which really does help with levels 50-90 when looking for gear as only Waterworks and the new level 60 dungeon gives anything around their stat level so in short you dont have to take all of the side quests but you shouldnt just ignore them all

Survivor
Oct 10, 2013
well i dont remember but in the quest to get dryad you need to defeat a oni in mooshu