Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca sun oblesk quest

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
So I'm trying to get the sun shards for the oblisk, and I found a system for solo bosses that if you get rid of the minions then get sent out the minion stays gone, But when I defeated the two minons for the boss, (I can't remember his name) And lost and came back almost right after the minions had respawned and now I have to start over, which is really hard on my because I have zero patience when it comes to earning enough crowns to face these things head on. I personally feel cheated. It may just be a glitch or I was exploiting the game on accident.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Defeating minions first only works on dungeons. It doesn't work on solo instances.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
It was working before in the start of Khrysalis, as well as the star oblesk quest in azteca so I don't understand why it wont work for the sun serpent quest or the sun oblesk quest turn up the sun.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
i am a fire wizard and have tried many many times today to beat the boss and too minions for the sun spells but have great difficulty in even hitting before i am dead despite healing and shielding this is ridiculously hard particulary for a fire wizard i am not impressed at all it takes the fun out of questing

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
crazyclaire on Nov 3, 2016 wrote:
i am a fire wizard and have tried many many times today to beat the boss and too minions for the sun spells but have great difficulty in even hitting before i am dead despite healing and shielding this is ridiculously hard particulary for a fire wizard i am not impressed at all it takes the fun out of questing
go to the bazaar and get fire resist gear. You should be able to get gear that is at LEAST 40% fire resist. Use prisms, try to save pips to hit back to back wen possible. Get fire from above treasure card. Stack blades. That fight is TOTALLY doable solo. Heck, my life had an easier time than my fire or storm did

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
Survivor
Dec 15, 2012
Ill be honest i thought to myself i was able to get the level 84 card i can get the 86 one right no not at all that monkey and his minions i have 0 issue with the boss especially the minions they critical all the time and spam Efreet i'm a and all i have is a weak frog and weak waterworks armor so i cant do much its no sense what so ever then the fact they critical each round they use the critical aura which guarantees them to critical no mater what the quest to me for myth students make no sense most of me and my myth friends cant beat the boss its impossible for us Frog is weak and earthquake is nothing then to the fact we waste rounds shielding and then the minions take the shields leaving us open for the boss to hit us and critical its not fair the minions are the only problem a lot of myth students are having this issue and let me say this now for those who say buy armor im broke i cant get gold its a hard world 2. crafting is impossible cause you cant get half the materials you need i'm stuck in Dragonsprye looking for 45 more diamonds to finish my quest honestly its impossible can the Wizard101 Staff look into this.