Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hoard and Lore packs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2009
So I recently had an idea that I think you admins at KI may or may not like. My thought is that all the players want whats new around the spiral and the packs that were released years ago aren't getting much attention (besides terrors because of the eye of the soothsayer). I think the older packs should have a gold option around 10,000 each. Please respond with your thoughts on this topic.
--Adam Thunderbreeze

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
As a player, I'd love it. Gold is free and unlimited. As a practical person, it would kill the game and the company and we'd have no game to play anymore. If you want free older packs, go play Grub Guardian on freekigames.com and you can win Hoard Packs. Ive gotten Dragon, Wyvern, Raven, Emperor's Attic, Minions, & Gardening packs. Gold shouldn't be an option. I have full sets of max level Energy gear from free packs from playing GG. They give us plenty of free options, including 100 free crowns a day already. 10,000 gold takes no time or effort to earn.

As for old packs not getting much attention? The best energy gear is still from Wyvern's Hoard. The best resist gear is still from Keeper's Lore pack. Plenty of people still try to get Jade gear and Energetic gear. All the packs have unique things about them that make them attractive to players.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
Good point, but in GG don't you have to buy wysteria to get packs?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Adam thunderbreeze on Sep 10, 2016 wrote:
Good point, but in GG don't you have to buy wysteria to get packs?
So? Play trivia for a week and you own it forever.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Adam thunderbreeze on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
So I recently had an idea that I think you admins at KI may or may not like. My thought is that all the players want whats new around the spiral and the packs that were released years ago aren't getting much attention (besides terrors because of the eye of the soothsayer). I think the older packs should have a gold option around 10,000 each. Please respond with your thoughts on this topic.
--Adam Thunderbreeze
I agree and disagree. Yes, it would provide disadvantages to KingsIsle if it were permanent, but what if it was temporary? It would make for a great sale if you could get all packs for gold!