Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I need some help with some pet stuff

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
If you have a pet that doesn't get the talent that you want for example my frankenbunny didn't get energizing battery can you hatch it with another pet to get it?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Yes. When I got my Betta Fish, it failed to get Energizing Battery. I just kept hatching from the original failed pet, because the talent was still in it's pool. After several tries I finally got Energizing Battery to appear in a hatch.

Explorer
May 25, 2011
If you hatch with another pet that has "Energizing Battery" discovered, your chances of gaining this talent on the offspring will increase greatly. If the pet has it, but the player hasn't discovered it, then the offspring still has a low chance of getting "Energizing Battery". I hope this make sense. Remember you can still get this talent if your pet isn't leveled up all the way. But rarer talents are harder to get as your pet levels up (I think) so it might not be worth it.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
shadier9 on Sep 5, 2016 wrote:
If you hatch with another pet that has "Energizing Battery" discovered, your chances of gaining this talent on the offspring will increase greatly. If the pet has it, but the player hasn't discovered it, then the offspring still has a low chance of getting "Energizing Battery". I hope this make sense. Remember you can still get this talent if your pet isn't leveled up all the way. But rarer talents are harder to get as your pet levels up (I think) so it might not be worth it.
Having a talent discovered doesn't really increase your chances. Having the talent whether discovered or not on both pets increases your chances only because it's 2 of 20 in the pool instead of 1 of 20. Rarity of talents doesn't matter on when talents appear; they can appear at any stage of training.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
As long as the pet has the talent in its pool then it still has a chance of getting the talent. To get the talent though, you must train a pet that has it in its talent pool until it gets it. There are guides you can search on google and youtube on how to make your perfect pet.