Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

History of Magic (and other Books/Libraries)

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 16, 2010
So an idea came to me as I played my death through Avalon today. We have a bunch of libraries in various parts of the Spiral, and I thought it would be a great idea if we could actually read some of the books in those libraries but not for side quests or experience points, but maybe for other things like badges or even pins/gems, that sort of thing. Something to augment our characters, but they don't have to be anything fancier than pins/gems. I mean, experience points are good too, but I thought maybe it would be a great opportunity to expand the knowledge base in the Spiral, put in a book that's the complete history of Avalon, maybe you have to find the pieces of it throughout the realms and libraries, put it together, that sort of thing. It would be a great opportunity for the developers to put in some of the history of the game that new players may not know about. Or even experienced players.

I don't know, maybe someone else has an idea to further this one along, but I thought I'd post it as a suggestion?

Thanks!

Survivor
Jan 05, 2019
I don't know if I see them adding in new books for this. We already have all the books via the quests throughout the worlds, plus the books in each school. I think it would be neat, once each quest is done, each book is added to that world's library. So, for example, once all the paintings in Zafaria are found, you can replay them at the library in Baobab. It feels weird that we can't reread these things without playing through a new character or hunting them down online. It would make these libraries more useful.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
I agree. And I wish that the books that you read about the history of the different worlds of the spiral could be read more than once, and found in their respective world libraries to return to. that way I could go back and refresh my understanding of the storylines. Like for example, once a book of Celestian history was found and read, it could return somewhere to be interacted with in an archive later. Kind of like how there are tomes for activities and school of magic tomes. I enjoy wizard101's storylines and there's a lot to keep up with. I can't even remember why Morganthe turned evil in the first place, which I believe was explained in Celestia.