Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beast Moon Hunt

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting on the Wizard101 Forums. Usually I read but never comment or make my own post, so this is entirely new for me.

For my post I wanted to talk about the Beast Moon event, one of my all time favorite events in wiz101 currently. Particularly I noticed that with Beast Moon (Mayhem) event, I have met so many amazing and absolutely kind players who are super helpful and make the overall event experience so much more rewarding and well, FUN.

However, with the counter part being Beast Moon (Hunt) with the focus shifting from a team working to defeat "PVE" enemies now shifting towards two teams of 6v6 in a Beast Moon inspired "PVP" match. I have noticed the overall attitude and tone of players greatly changes. Some matches have zero communication, others have communication but its more centered around who players can quickly blame for mistakes, or lost points. I see players going afk at spawn or refusing to play whether that be because their role was taken or perhaps because they are aiding the opposing team. Worst of all in some cases the team will just entirely give up because of one person or something that was said in chat and use that as a reason to just not contribute.

Regardless, I digress, as someone who really loves both events, and the creativeness of each designed Beast Moon character I find Beast Moon Hunt to be really hard to play lately with the audience available. To be completely honest I do not understand why the mood changes between the two different Beast Moon events, regardless of it being pve or pvp. I do not want my first ever post to just be a trauma dump, or just me complaining. I do however want to offer some form of advice or possible solution that can be taken into consideration.

One of the biggest changes I can see having a positive impact on Beast Moon at this moment would be introducing some form of ranking Beast Moon games. Some players want to play competitively while others want to play casually. By creating different lobbies that cater to those specific game types would greatly funnel a lot of players to choose what they prefer to play in terms of Beast Moon.

For the most part when I play Beast Moon regardless of pve or pvp I am playing competitively because I want to win points for the event and for my scroll of fortune. But I understand that not everyone else is playing competitively so that's why I feel having some sort of filter or divide in what matches are comprised of certain wizards would at the very least make random matching more productive.

Another thing I want to see is some form of Beast Moon tutorial for both the pvp and pve versions. I often discuss with many in game players that are completely new to Beast Moon who give up wanting to learn either because other players are too harsh with new players or because its just too confusing. I do not see why there can't be a base tutorial for at least showing the fundamentals of Beast Moon 101.

Bit of a long post, but I have been discussing this with friends and I found it was time I finally write about it to see what the general feed back is from the developers or other wizards. I love Beast Moon and I am excited to see what else is introduced in the future Beast Moon related or just events in general.

I want to end this by reaching out to anyone out there who is struggling with Beast Moon, all you can do is try your best. If possible find a nice group of friends to play Beast Moon with or those that can teach you strategy. Beast Moon is an extremely rewarding event especially in regards to the scroll of fortune. But above all else, be kind, be patient, and be understanding.

- Tarlac LionHeart

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Hi fellow BeastMooner!

I agree. Beastmoon is great and can be made even better with slight altercations. A tutorial definitely needs to be added so first-time players are forced to do the tutorial. Also, the queue should change for Hunt. Please see the proposal I made here www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/those-who-take-advantage-and-prey-in-beastmoon-hunt-8ad6a4267fd9e297017fffba30b866c2#getPostLikeHistory_8ad6a42780fa11510181447a82c66c4b

I'm not fond of a ranking system. A full group might try take advantage. Even if it's an automatic ranked system in which those with Hero badges only go against others with Hero badges, that would eliminate someone like me from meeting new players. I wouldn't be able to play with someone just starting out. If you are new to Beastmoon and you get me on your team, I will do my best to make sure you have a most enjoyable experience.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
stemogstel on Mar 1, 2023 wrote:
Hi fellow BeastMooner!

I agree. Beastmoon is great and can be made even better with slight altercations. A tutorial definitely needs to be added so first-time players are forced to do the tutorial. Also, the queue should change for Hunt. Please see the proposal I made here www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/those-who-take-advantage-and-prey-in-beastmoon-hunt-8ad6a4267fd9e297017fffba30b866c2#getPostLikeHistory_8ad6a42780fa11510181447a82c66c4b

I'm not fond of a ranking system. A full group might try take advantage. Even if it's an automatic ranked system in which those with Hero badges only go against others with Hero badges, that would eliminate someone like me from meeting new players. I wouldn't be able to play with someone just starting out. If you are new to Beastmoon and you get me on your team, I will do my best to make sure you have a most enjoyable experience.
My opinion exactly. I feel the same way too. I love playing with all kinds of players.