Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Praise to Novus, the creators, songwriters/composers and everyone!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
I just wanted to use this forum to express my extremely happy, excited and super proud congratulations to the Wizard101 team that put together Novus. I'll take a moment to outline (WITHOUT SPOILERS) the best things I have seen in this world so far, especially as a Wizard101 gamer since 2009. If the moderator that approves this thread could forward my my message to the corresponding team I would appreciate it!

To begin, number 1. The Music
The soundtracks across Novus have been to my expectations perhaps the best ones I have heard. The ambience, the combat music, are some examples of the enriching aspects that make this world so compelling. I want to personally thank and congratulate the composers and songwriters. Mixing music from across W101 and P101 creates a very profound feeling. Even friends that don't play the game praised it when they got a glimpse of it, calling it one of the best they've heard in an MMO.

Number 2. The NPC/Mobs/Bosses Design
As Novus follows the storyline after Lemuria, the designer team created to my expectation great characters we encounter along the way. Not only through the consistent subtle hints and references to other games and real world occurrences that we have seen in past worlds, but personally I believe this time it was taken a step further. From giving personalities to the Irks, and making us feel related to characters like Moo Bu and Dasein, or from the slight head turn Rockhoppierre does to the Moose while talking, are just examples of the hardwork it takes to make the player feel involved in the game, so thank you for putting that in. Not to downplay the designs of some bosses (like puzzles) which looks astronomical!

Number 3. The Storyline (no spoilers)
This for me is a big factor. I follow the Wizard101 plot line to heart (yes I am one of those that stays to read through land listen to the dialogue of the characters), and Novus does not disappoint! Especially by involving the big powers of the spiral and tying points from P101 as well makes a lot of sense, and made me wanting to find out more after every quest. Once again, great work!

Number 4. Spells
While here people tend to have differences, I think the spell designs, animations and sounds are pretty good. Some of them lack a little more personality and excitement than others, but overall I think match the theme of Novus that nothing is supposed to make sense. While I will not get into the usability of them, I do like the simplicity and engagement of more areas of the battle circle (like the skybox in the fire spell, and the falling effect from the myth spell).

So yea, that's about it. I am super excited to see how this world ends, and cannot wait for more content Wizard101 has to offer in the future, I believe NOVUS sets a milestone and has to work from here on up. Maybe some people will disagree with me, but so far, I am beyond excited to have to replay this world multiple times with my other wizards - maybe add into consideration adding a replay button for some worlds quest wise? Guess I'll have to take that to Balestrom's Message Boards