Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best way to get gold

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2021
Hello everybody, I'm not new to playing wizard101, but this is the first time I've played it since I was a kid, and I've just been wondering what the best way to grind gold is. I'm an ice wizard, in case that information is needed anyways. All help is appreciated cheers

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
One of the most famous gold-farming sources is Halfang in Vestrilund, who drops an amulet that can sell for up to 10k gold in the Bazaar. But there are better farming spots once you're in arc 3. Various mobs in Mirage also drop many items that sell for a high amount of gold, and at the same time you can also acquire Pierce Jewels which are very good for your gear's circle slots! In Empyrea, the Secret Tunnel is a popular farming location that can net you a lot of gold as well as good seeds such as Couch Potatoes and Evil Magma Peas.

The Scroll of Fortune also offers a lot of gold every 3 months. Try to wait until you are able to redeem them all at once, then use the Gold Boost Elixir (the third reward in the Scroll of Fortune) so that they all give you 10% more gold when you redeem them. A pet with Gold Miner also offers a 10% boost to these rewards.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
If you are starting as a brand new wizard, the best way to get Gold, Snacks, Treasure Cards and other free stuff is to visit Castle Tours and find the Interactive Housing Items that give you free rewards.

Volunteering for Team Ups at the Kiosk in Olde Town as soon as you are able is also a good way to get additional experience and rewards between quests.