Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balanceblade and Elemental/Spirit Blade swap

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2020
Basically the title. Balance is kind of just bad. It struggles to deal decent damage solo due to their awful 25% blade, so bladestacking is weak. Group-wise, Death, Life, and Ice are all better supports because of a lot of factors, such as Bad Juju, good tanking, better healing, so on. The worst part is that the Elemental/Spirit Blade/Trap spells are learnable by any school. You can get Balanceblade TCs that are just better than the normal one. Why would you even want to have a Balance as a support when a Life can do the same thing, but heal better, or a Death who can tank and debuff better? I propose swapping the boost of Balanceblade and the triple blades, so that Balanceblade is a +35%, and the Elemental and Spirit Blades are +25%. This wouldn't unbalance the blade stacking of other classes, because it would end up with the same boost in the end, but it would mean that having a Balance on your team is actually a good thing: Balanceblade is useful now, and just learning the triple blades isn't going to make Balance useless. It also means that Balance can solo a lot better (as they are the worst solo school right now, due to low damage and struggling to kill Balance bosses). This would just buff Balance in solo play and make them better in group play, which is what they are made for.

TLDR; make Balanceblade +35%, and Spirit/Elemental Blades +25%. This doesn't change bladestacking for other classes but it buffs Balance in PvE which it desperately needs.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
snickerzV on Oct 23, 2022 wrote:
Basically the title. Balance is kind of just bad. It struggles to deal decent damage solo due to their awful 25% blade, so bladestacking is weak. Group-wise, Death, Life, and Ice are all better supports because of a lot of factors, such as Bad Juju, good tanking, better healing, so on. The worst part is that the Elemental/Spirit Blade/Trap spells are learnable by any school. You can get Balanceblade TCs that are just better than the normal one. Why would you even want to have a Balance as a support when a Life can do the same thing, but heal better, or a Death who can tank and debuff better? I propose swapping the boost of Balanceblade and the triple blades, so that Balanceblade is a +35%, and the Elemental and Spirit Blades are +25%. This wouldn't unbalance the blade stacking of other classes, because it would end up with the same boost in the end, but it would mean that having a Balance on your team is actually a good thing: Balanceblade is useful now, and just learning the triple blades isn't going to make Balance useless. It also means that Balance can solo a lot better (as they are the worst solo school right now, due to low damage and struggling to kill Balance bosses). This would just buff Balance in solo play and make them better in group play, which is what they are made for.

TLDR; make Balanceblade +35%, and Spirit/Elemental Blades +25%. This doesn't change bladestacking for other classes but it buffs Balance in PvE which it desperately needs.
Balance is by no means bad. Instead of limiting your self to single blades try tc blade stack remember the goal of furthering up in the upper worlds past khrysalis is for team play regardless if your solo running multiple or with friends. Balance is super reliable in dealing with pesky bosses my balance is currently 125 on level lock right now since am not eager to max it. my balance is sitting with 165 damage for his level on a quint pet am sure it can get pretty higher than that. A life death and ice would have to really on tc balance blades while a balance can do all that plus more. Balance is fine where they are I think your just overly obsessed with the other school blades updates as I once were playing balance. I find my balance very reliable since I used him mostly for my Incindiate first turn one shot combo that kills anything up to 50k hp. addig 10% more damage to a blade isnt gonna change anything. Like other school balance has access to damage auras as well. Most of your high damage spells like cimera are also school related to having spirit and elemental blades fit into the meta.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Donate Pip.

I see what you're saying, but I think that letting Balance have a like an "improved" version of the Tri-Blades would be a better option than switching the values. Aka, Let Balance be able to do a 45% Version much how each school gets a "Pixie" but Life gets a "Fairy" spell card.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Best advice I can give is get a cracked enchanted armament pet and blade stack everything with the item sharpen cards.