Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Training issues

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
After getting the pet talent pool to max and having a set of unmanifested talents that seem to be tolerable. Why is it that after 5 hatches I keep getting the same identical manifested talents that I don't want in the same identical positions for adult pets? Do the other talents have a lower probability of manifesting given that the hatched pets have the talents I don't want manifested already? My talent tree looks like "Pierce Train, Sharp-Shot, Balance Blade, Spell Proof, Steal Ward, Critical Striker, Unknown, Unknown, Unicorn, Unknown". I want Sharp shot, balance blade, spell proof, critical striker, and unicorn to manifest. Is there any way to get these as preferential talents or to bubble them up so they have a higher probability of manifesting. 5 hatches with the same problem talents showing up seems a bit non-random.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
SpellWeaver11 on Sep 3, 2022 wrote:
After getting the pet talent pool to max and having a set of unmanifested talents that seem to be tolerable. Why is it that after 5 hatches I keep getting the same identical manifested talents that I don't want in the same identical positions for adult pets? Do the other talents have a lower probability of manifesting given that the hatched pets have the talents I don't want manifested already? My talent tree looks like "Pierce Train, Sharp-Shot, Balance Blade, Spell Proof, Steal Ward, Critical Striker, Unknown, Unknown, Unicorn, Unknown". I want Sharp shot, balance blade, spell proof, critical striker, and unicorn to manifest. Is there any way to get these as preferential talents or to bubble them up so they have a higher probability of manifesting. 5 hatches with the same problem talents showing up seems a bit non-random.
2 weeks later and I still don't have a pet with all the desired manifested talents. Still getting every other unwanted talent. Exactly how long is this process supposed to take. Have run Mirror lake so many times that I almost completed the lion and elephant badges on 2 wizards. Is this normal?