Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skeleton Key Boss Level Bands

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hello, Wizards!

Many have been asking which versions of the new Skeleton Key Bosses exist, so I'm here to shed some light on this!

Each boss has 3 or 4 versions. They correlate to the 3 main PvP leagues at 50, 100, and 150 as well as a fourth level band (where appropriate) that corresponds to the expected max level of the player in the world where the boss exists +5.

Wizard City - Spirit of Ignorance
Levels 1-15
Levels 16-50
Levels 51-109
Levels 110+

Grizzleheim - King Borr
Levels 1-30
Levels 31-50
Levels 51-109
Levels 110+

Wysteria - Baron von Bracken
Levels 1-35
Levels 36-50
Levels 51-109
Levels 110+

Aquila - Lady Stonegaze
Levels 1-35
Levels 36-50
Levels 51-109
Levels 110+

MooShu - Takanobu the Masterless
Levels 1-45
Levels 46-50
Levels 51-109
Levels 110+

Dragonspyre - High Loremagus
Levels 1-50
Levels 51-109
Levels 110+

Celestia - Drowned Dan
Levels 1-50
Levels 51-65
Levels 66-109
Levels 110+

Avalon - Lambent Fire
Levels 1-50
Levels 51-85
Levels 86-109
Levels 110+

Azteca - Ixcax Cursedwing
Levels 1-50
Levels 51-95
Levels 96-109
Levels 110+

Yuletide - Krampus
Levels 1-50
Levels 51-109
Levels 110+

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Can I be honest?

From a design aspect, I suppose these are all okay. The Wysteria one is a bit much though.

From a creative aspect, I am very disappointed with how little effort was put into the bosses. Especially High Loremagus. (Same exact boss and minions in the same zone and cell!?) We’ve fought books in this game, why not a set of burnt books or crystals? Pretty much anything would of been better than an exact copy of loremaster. If we’re intended to farm these things, at least make it new and interesting!

I’m not liking that lore and design are beginning to drift very far apart from each other. I hope there is still a connection with design and writing.

Just my honest feedback that I hope gets recognized.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2019
Blaze03554 on Sep 2, 2022 wrote:
Can I be honest?

From a design aspect, I suppose these are all okay. The Wysteria one is a bit much though.

From a creative aspect, I am very disappointed with how little effort was put into the bosses. Especially High Loremagus. (Same exact boss and minions in the same zone and cell!?) We’ve fought books in this game, why not a set of burnt books or crystals? Pretty much anything would of been better than an exact copy of loremaster. If we’re intended to farm these things, at least make it new and interesting!

I’m not liking that lore and design are beginning to drift very far apart from each other. I hope there is still a connection with design and writing.

Just my honest feedback that I hope gets recognized.

I really enjoyed the Wysteria one to be honest, did it with a team of max wizards who knew what they were doing, and it was pure joy! We had two hitters and two support people who were buffing the hitters and healing a bit. I often complain about the game being way too easy, can't say that anymore! Hopefully they keep bringing such amazing content.

Thank you so much devs, my only issue is that this amazing content is locked behind keys, which are pretty hard to obtain, so even if you want to run this with your friends, lack of keys can be a dealbreaker.

Explorer
May 07, 2010
thanks for the info! admittedly though, this system seems kinda convoluted to pick up. can a player learn that these level bands exist within the game itself? is it expected that players just have to find out through trial & error? or does KI figure that players should only team up with those at their level anyway? i guess that’s fair enough for players that already have friends, guildmates, or a community to draw from. however, i still have concerns as i wonder how this system will work with team up.

im aware that team up for these key bosses is currently disabled due to level-scaling bugs. before this, though, there was no level requirement for any key bosses since they had a separate tab in the team up kiosk, viewable regardless of questline progress. so through the kiosk, low-level players could access high-level key bosses in high-level worlds. sometimes the run was still doable, though difficult, and everyone would get drops. but this is no longer possible with level-locking. if the wrong mix of levels end up in a team, the ones locked out of drops need to bail & try again if they wanted to farm.

i hope KI has this issue in mind as they work towards re-enabling key boss team ups. in my opinion, team ups need new features that enforce or at least alert about any level-locking present. i think a great start would be making it so the team up's level band is set & labeled in the kiosk for others to know ahead of time. for example, a drowned dan team up would say, “drowned dan’s chamber — level [##]–[##]." the level band set is based on that of the player who starts the team up (instead of auto-scaling to the lowest level teammate). with this, kiosk users can see what level band they’d be joining & know if they would get drops or not. also, the player who started the team up (wanting to run at their level band) won't get locked out of drops if someone below their bracket joins their team up.

perhaps that feature alone is enough, but there's more that could enforce level-locking. one idea is making it so anyone leveled outside a key boss team up’s set level band that tries to join it will get an opt-in prompt warning that they won't get drops if they proceed. this way, players can make an informed choice to join any key boss team up they want for whatever reason (e.g. just to help, or for badges). another stricter idea is making it so key boss team ups fully block anyone outside its set level band from joining, maybe even hiding the team up from them in the kiosk. features like these should make teaming up for key bosses viable for players without existing friends or communities, while preventing painful level-lock mishaps.

i hope this feedback is worth considering, if it's something KI hasn't already thought about or planned. thanks for hearing me out

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
Hello, I am a max storm 160. I have been farming with a friend who is a storm level 80, and so from what is noted, is it true that the only way to get the Catch of the Day Spell in Mooshu is to fight it with 110+? or it will drop at any tier for all players? I do wish you change this as it was in the past. Or at least drop spellments for all! Also I notice only lower levels get the azoth as well while higher levels do not get those.