Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow is it worth it yes or no.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2019
Ok I have a question when do you think maybe some day in this game that the developers will ever consider making extra sockets for shadow. So you don't have to give up your normal sockets that you use for hits and life and so on. And if they don't would it be possible to eliminate the shadow feature that we have on are wizards. I do mean the black smoke they have in front of us. And them so called shadow pips that never seem to show up when you need them. Hunter Soul Cloud.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yeah, I feel like shadow pips used to be better when they were first implemented. Some of the spells that require 2 shadowpips for example now seem basically impossible to use.

Um, to answer what I think is your question. You can use gear that improves your shadow rating. The Darkmoor gear, I think is good as well as various pack gear and shadow rating jewels. That might help.

For additional reading:

Shadow Gauge Update Reasonings
Ratbeard Dev Diary (Read this one!)
Frostcaller update notes
Some Shadow Jewels

You also don't have to cast shadow spells, just remove them from your deck. (Press P, and adjust your deck as you see fit.)

I don't think there is a way to remove the shadowy smoke thing, but they don't hurt you in any way.