Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon PVP - Unfair Gameplay By Certain Players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
Hi,

There is at least one player (that I know of, but I'm sure there are others) during this event who seems to be controlling several characters at once. Her name is Cass or Cassandra. I've run into her multiple times, and each time her team consists of a: Storm Wolf, Storm Elf (chain stun duo), Myth Rat, Ice Fairy, Death Pig, and Storm Krok/Balance Krok. How do I know it's one person? Well, the names give it away as they all share the name Cass or Cassandra, but on top of that, only two forms move at a time. She fights in 2v2 rings, while her other forms sit idle. And this strategy works for her. She is guaranteed to win each match she plays because of this unfair advantage. What is this unfair advantage? Communication.

The Beastmoon is one of the best things to have been introduced to the game in a long while (my personal opinion, I know not everyone agrees). Knowing the forms is an important aspect of this mode. It allows you to predict your opponents moves while also allowing you to better strategize with your partner, enabling synergistic combos that often turn the tides in your favor. However, the most important aspect of the mode is communication. You can't do any of the previously mentioned if you can't/don't communicate. And that's fine, since that's what makes the mode challenging, for all players... except for players like Cass/Cassandra.

Players who use Multiboxing to play as several forms at once have an incredibly unfair advantage over the rest of the player base. It's one thing to be on a phone/discord call with a friend/group of friends - you still need to talk with one another. But when you remove that obstacle entirety, the mode becomes a lot less challenging. You don't need to worry about others picking unsynergetic forms and you don't need to worry about figuring out what cards they can play.

Something needs to be addressed because its really ruining the mode. She's been at it for over 6 months now, and clearing nothings been addressed.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2020
just ran into the same person too.

don't even care about dual-boxing it's moreso just how a lot of things in this game are broken. chain-stunning should not exist, and stuns give way too much value in this game mode anyways.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Chain Stunning is an issue because they do not have enough counters for it. Half of the Ice Forms do not have a Stun Block to them. They have made an attempt to fix this by adding Stunblocks to some of the Myth forms but to me that seems an odd choice to put it on given the Roshambo.

As far as Cassandra goes, it's not fun to play against her, BUT she is not doing anything against the Terms of Service. Multi-boxing is allowed. To be honest the fact that she can run 4 accounts at once is a credit to her.

That being said, it's still not fun to lose and yes, there is that advantage of not having to communicate with yourself. To that end I ask, what is your "solution" to this "problem"?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
exp613 on Apr 7, 2022 wrote:
Chain Stunning is an issue because they do not have enough counters for it. Half of the Ice Forms do not have a Stun Block to them. They have made an attempt to fix this by adding Stunblocks to some of the Myth forms but to me that seems an odd choice to put it on given the Roshambo.

As far as Cassandra goes, it's not fun to play against her, BUT she is not doing anything against the Terms of Service. Multi-boxing is allowed. To be honest the fact that she can run 4 accounts at once is a credit to her.

That being said, it's still not fun to lose and yes, there is that advantage of not having to communicate with yourself. To that end I ask, what is your "solution" to this "problem"?
Glad you asked because I just posted a solution that we should bring to KI's attention.

First, you should know, you will only be put against a group IF you are in a group of your own. If you queue solo, you can still be part of a team that is grouped. I propose a solution to stop this. But KI has got to listen.

Here is a link to my Topic that just got put up on the site. I titled it, "Those who take advantage and prey in Beastmoon Hunt".
www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/those-who-take-advantage-and-prey-in-beastmoon-hunt-8ad6a4267fd9e297017fffba30b866c2/8ad6a4267fd9e297017fffba30ba66c3?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a4267fd9e297017fffba30ba66c3

And this is what I suggested,
A group of 6 should be queued versus a group of 5 or 6.
A group of 5 should be put against a group of 4-6.
A group of 4 should be put against a group of 3-5.
A group of 3 should be put against a group of 2-4.
A group of 2 should be put against a group of 0-3.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2021
stemogstel on Apr 8, 2022 wrote:
Glad you asked because I just posted a solution that we should bring to KI's attention.

First, you should know, you will only be put against a group IF you are in a group of your own. If you queue solo, you can still be part of a team that is grouped. I propose a solution to stop this. But KI has got to listen.

Here is a link to my Topic that just got put up on the site. I titled it, "Those who take advantage and prey in Beastmoon Hunt".
www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/those-who-take-advantage-and-prey-in-beastmoon-hunt-8ad6a4267fd9e297017fffba30b866c2/8ad6a4267fd9e297017fffba30ba66c3?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a4267fd9e297017fffba30ba66c3

And this is what I suggested,
A group of 6 should be queued versus a group of 5 or 6.
A group of 5 should be put against a group of 4-6.
A group of 4 should be put against a group of 3-5.
A group of 3 should be put against a group of 2-4.
A group of 2 should be put against a group of 0-3.
I agree this is a worse problem.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I don't see the issue here with multiboxing in Beastmoon. It seems more like a skill issue to me.

The refusing to fight on capture points is worrying to me though. Denying content is bad.

Proposal: After X period of time left uncontested, capture points begin to generate points for your team similar to the Dominating mechanic.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
Robobot1747 on May 28, 2022 wrote:
I don't see the issue here with multiboxing in Beastmoon. It seems more like a skill issue to me.

The refusing to fight on capture points is worrying to me though. Denying content is bad.

Proposal: After X period of time left uncontested, capture points begin to generate points for your team similar to the Dominating mechanic.
TLDR: Beastmoon is a mode meant to be played with other players. Multiboxing removes that aspect and gives that player an unfair advantage because they no longer have to overcome the challenge of coordinating with another induvial.

They might be more skilled than I am, I won't argue that point, but having full control over both characters in a 2v2 matchup while your opponent has to coordinate with another individual is a huge advantage.

Lets just remove the skill factor for a second. Assuming all participating players are equally skilled at the mode, the team that has to take 10 seconds to communicate with each other is at a deficit - it's not huge but it's there. 5 seconds to figure out what each others capabilities are (available spells) and another 5 seconds to figure out the best course of action. That's about half of your planning time gone. The multiboxing player has that information immediately available to them and doesn't need to discuss with their partner... they're just going to act.

Now, we add player skill back in. Maybe your partner is brand new to the mode, or maybe certain aspects still confuse them. We also have to take into account all of the challenges your partner brings to the table as an individual. Are they cooperative? Are they taking this seriously or just goofing off? How good of a communicator are they? Do we speak the same language or is there a barrier? How are their typing skills? It takes time just typing a coherent sentence - can they do so quickly? All of these factors increase the amount of time it takes for you and your partner to formulate a plan an act on it, and with time being such a limited resource, those who have more time to consider strategy are going to come out on top.

Someone multiboxing doesn't have the same challenges. Even a group of friends playing together while on a group call have to talk to one another. A multiboxer has eliminated that aspect entirely, which IS unfair since it's meant to be a part of the mode. Everyone else has to deal with it, so why can't they?

The refusing to fight on capture points is worrying to me though. Denying content is bad. Proposal: After X period of time left uncontested, capture points begin to generate points for your team similar to the Dominating mechanic.

I agree with you completely; I hope KI implements that idea sometime soon.