Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Things that Could use a Change

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2018
Okay ladies and gentlemen, it is time for these things to be addressed and fixed. I will itemize them below from what I've seen and my wife has seen as well. They are as follows:

Item #1: Enemy Pip Casting- There have been way too many occasions that enemies even bosses cast spells that costs more pips than what they have on them at the time of the cast. I just saw in Krokotopia an Ice Boss cast Ice Bats which is a 3 pip cast and only had 2 pips. This needs to end and be fixed.

Item #2: Enemy Power- Something has changed in the game where bosses and open world enemies hit way much harder than they use to hit when I first started playing. The increase of their damage would be okay but there is no counter for this as us players/wizards do not get enough Resist and there are no real Armor Rating on a single piece of gear to make up for the lack of health and resist. This needs to be addressed properly and fixed.

Item #3: Enemy Pulling- There are too many places and occasions where enemies are able to pull you away from the wall when that is suppose to be a safe place to travel. While traveling along the wall, you forceably get pulled into combat against your will. Most notable is the Shriekers in Marleybone and the Bears in Grizleheim. This is unacceptable and needs to be addressed.

Item #4: Probability Spell Casting- This has been a staple of the Wizards community and game since its birth. However, since the increase of enemy DPS a wizards PRIMARY SCHOOL should not involve Probability and be a 100% cast since there is Probability in the Deck Drawing. The problem is, no matter how small you make your Deck you are still the underdog going into the battle as RNG and Probability makes the determination for you as to what you will and will not cast. You are given the Illusion that you have a choice; YOU DON'T! This needs to be addressed and handled properly.

Item #5: Skill Point Placement- We love the fact that we can pick up a secondary school. However, we do not love the fact we are FORCED to train every single spell from a school and not be able to pick something that is appropriate to our level. This is a waste of Skill Points and deprives us of Player Freedom and Choice. This needs to be addressed.

Item #6: Fizzles- With everything considered the bread and butter of any magic caster is the confidence of knowing his/her own spells. There is already enough Probability in the game without dealing with it from our own Primary Schools. We need the ability and reassurance that the school we chose works, otherwise your not a wizard casting magic, your casting a hope and prayer. Example: Too many times has my Life Wizard fizzled and failed to cast Unicorn and Sprite. Let's not even get into the DPS aspect of Life, we would be here for months. This needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP.

Item #7: Lack of Needed Spells- Too many times have we started a new wizard over again after hitting level 10, thinking that we messed up somewhere or did something wrong. The truth is, starting at Level 5 each wizard of His/Her own school needs 2 simple things for a more enjoyable life on this game. First is the ability to have an AOE DPS Spell and also the ability to have Blades and or Traps. This is essential as after level 5 you move from Unicorn Way and into Colossus blvd where you there start to get Outnumbered. We need a way to counter this and the added damage we start suffering. Getting Hit for 100 HP may not on the surface seem like much, but it adds up considering the lack of Health you have even with a Full Resist Wizard. Then at Level 8, we need Blades or Traps. These are the key 2 things we need really early on in game. The answer is not go get a pet. Have you seen the cost of pets lately and the cost to hatch and breed properly to get what you need? Who on here at level 5 has a minimum of 15,000 Gold just laying around? This needs to be address and fixed.

Conclusion: The items above equals 1 thing, and that is this game is very uniquely unbalanced and not too much fun should you choose to Solo the content. Too many times are you forced into soloing something after the game has pushed you to Group with others. The solution is simple enough and should be implemented immediately. These issues/problems that have been discussed takes away from Player Choice and Player Freedom which is always a bad thing to happen in any game no matter what platform you speak of. The quality of life in Wizards101 has dropped, and therefore I submit resolutions to improve not just the game itself, but also an attempt at better Member Retention, which will ultimately result in a better profit margin for KingsIsle. I hope these are listened to and taken action on.