Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet ability glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2020
I hatched a myth banshee with myth dealer, myth giver, pain giver, and spell proof to a myth wartle with myth dealer, myth giver, spell proof, spell defying and fairy. I'm training this seemingly perfect pet and using most of my mega snacks and gold to do so. Then, when my pet reached ancient, it got the ability DEATH giver. HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE????!!!!! I'm really mad and I figured this has to be a glitch. Any advice?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Not a glitch. Pets carry "genes" for 10 talents and 10 derby abilities. Trained to mega, you can see 5 of each, but the ones that are not manifested are still there and can still pass when hatching.

The talents you see are more likely to come up more often, but not guarantied to. Like recessive genes in real creatures, sometimes there are unexpected traits. Your best bet is usually to stop training and rehatch any time you get something unwanted.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2020
thx. i knew that already i just didn't see how that certain ability was even possible on one of those pets.