Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A problem with the beastmoon players

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
A lot of players decide to try out beastmoon, or just play it for fun and casually.

Unfortunately, some of the less than pleasent, so call-professional PVP groups, and the solo winning-is-everything players also play in the beastmoon event.

Because it's by nature a random bunch of people thrown into a team, when one of those groups or solo players get dropped in with a number of others than just want to have fun, they start giving orders, demanding on their personal strategy - and ruin the entire thing for the ones that just want to play casually and enjoy the event.

While I understand it's probably really frustrating to the sort of player that feels winning is not only everything, but the only thing, - and who feel that their personal strategy is the only strategy anyone should use - it's just as frustrating to be bossed around by that sort of player when all you want to do is battle with the other side (monsters or other players depending on the beastmoon version) and if you win, that's nice, but mostly you just want to have fun.

I would like to request that KI provide players that are joining the event a choice of casual style or gung-ho style, so that the people that feel their prefered strategy is the only valid way to play, and that must win at all costs, can choose gung-ho, and thus can stay out of the matches of the people who want to be casual and just have fun are in.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm also all for having fun.
I love random matches because of how chaotic and unpredictable it can become.

Sometimes players can give advice that is helpful in order to win.
You don't have to follow it or take it as an order.

For example, if you're a Storm Elf and you haven't pulled any hits,
sometimes it's better to give your friend a blade because you might not survive the next turn to be able to use it.
I also don't like when facing a group that tries extremely hard to win to the point of playing
as if their life is on the line.
However, it can become frustrating to play with a teammate who goes insanely angry
if you try giving advice in a friendly way.

I guess maybe I'm thinking it through my perspective, I'm always ready to hear someone's advice and if it works I'll continue doing it, if not I'll try something else.
I'd also like if there random teams didn't go against already prepared groups, because they often end up as really unfair match ups.
I like when both teams are equally strong somewhat, and you don't know who will win.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I personally don't mind people that try their best but fail. What I do mind is when the entire team is telling you "stop trading caps, you're going to lose us the game" and you just ignore them and keep doing it until surprise! your team loses. I definitely would like being able to filter out people who don't want to work with others, maybe competitive queue could have a vote-kick too?