Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Maycast Ally Dragonblade Trigger May Be Broken

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 16, 2014
I saw an old post about this back in April, however the post got locked without the issue being resolved.

I have done many, many tests as well as all possible maycast scenarios, and yet Ally Dragonblade has never activated. NOT EVEN ONCE!

I am 99.9% sure the trigger is bugged, causing this ability to be absolutely useless at the moment. Or if the trigger is not bugged, something must be overriding/bypassing the maycast check for this ability.

Can you please fix this?
I'm trying to make a support pet, but I need to know how often I can expect it to give a Dragonblade.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
I would agree with this,

I like to test different pet combos, on my balance wizard who is lvl 140, he has a pet that has the may cast dragon blade on ally jewel, and it has never worked.

He has had this jewel on the pet for at least 6 months. I would say before the spring 2021 update. But nonetheless has never casted a blade on an ally. You can try traps, blades shields hits, nothing ever happens.

Other jewels similar to this also have a hard time. Such as Ally Maycast shield jewels, Any and all of those hardly cast theirs.

Generally it looks like the may cast jewels will have a lower rate than the talents themselves, but still not worth it if they will never work.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
After some testing I figured out the condition for the Ally Dragonblade to activate, and I would consider it to still be considered bugged.

(PvE specifically)
It seems the trigger is the pet owner hitting an enemy, which seems fine at first but here are the issues:
  1. Ally Dragonblade will not cast on the pet owner, unlike the Ally Shield spells.
  2. Ally Dragonblade will not cast on a non-player ally (henchmen need testing), unlike the Ally Shield spells.
  3. Ally Dragonblade will not trigger from an ally hitting an enemy, unlike the Ally Shield spells then an ally gets hit by an enemy attack.
  4. Bad Juju also triggers this spell, and I have had more success triggering with Bad Juju than hitting an enemy which seems wrong (or I could have just been unlucky).

Right now it works that if I hit or use Bad Juju, my pet will cast Dragonblade on a random player ally. How it should work, to be inline with the Ally Shield Spells, is the spell should trigger on an ally when that ally hits an enemy. It would be nice if Bad Juju still cast the maycast on a random ally, but it is not needed.