Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Recipes by Master Yan Kan Kook

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Master Yan Kan Kook sells spell recipes for some 4 and 5 Pip spells. Unfortunately you have to be a Legendary artisan to be able to even purchase these recipes. I find this to be highly inconvenient as that requires you get much further into the game before you can come back and buy any of those recipes. By the time you can actually buy those recipes and be able to craft those spells you honestly have zero use for them in your deck. However if we were able to purchase those recipes when you actually naturally make your way to the dungeon that he resides in we would have much more use for those spells. I know that you can get some of them to drop from the loremaster in dragonspyre, but the drop rate for those spells is absolutely terrible. I have battled the loremaster over a hundred times without a single spell drop. At this point as someone who plays the game im not even sure what the point of working so hard to be able to obtain these spells even is considering by the time you actually get ahold of them you probably wont even need/want them in your deck anymore.

I know that you can also get them from drops in the lorepacks out of the crown shop, however the drop rate for that is just as bad as trying to get them naturally from the Loremaster. And it can end up costing the player ALOT of money trying to do it that way. I can't even tell you how many grizzleheim lorepacks I have purchased trying to get ratatoskrs Spin and I STILL haven't gotten the spell.

I can understand making the spells more difficult to get, however at this rate is there even a point?