Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what is the point of monstrology ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2012
i am still confused as to what you get out of doing it and overall confused, help?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
mpairygem on Jul 1, 2021 wrote:
i am still confused as to what you get out of doing it and overall confused, help?
There's 2 things you get out of it:

1) guests that roam your house
2) MUCH better minions than the normal summoned ones If you do bosses, their cheats DO NOT carry over

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
monstrology give the possibility to cast one use minions of many creatures
some can be a big help like the ghosts of mirage labyrinth that come with their invulnerability

that also useful for decorating cuz houses guests

finally when you collect enough animus of a crature that is not a boss you can one shot with the bannish card you can craft usefull to insta kill the bosses minions

Survivor
Jun 22, 2016
In monstrology, you can collect animus, which allows you to summon a house guest or create a summon treasure card. In my death house, I enjoy having rotten fodders roaming around. I think the only usefulness is the house guest. Unlike statues, they move around like pets.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
I completely understand your question. I felt the same way until about a year ago. And here is how my journey to finding a use of it.

1st: OMG, I have too much gold, and have already purchased houses, pets, furniture, bazaar regents and Treasure cards. What am I suppose to do now.

2nd: "Look at you, a tortured soul, I shall set you free." or "I shall steal your soul." or "I am your master, you shall fight for me." The role play feature makes playing W101 just a little more fun. I will actually farm specific enemies in order to have them be my minions on tougher fights. Not only are they 2 pip minions, but their spells and class are unique with each mob. I started using them with my Storm wizard. In order to keep me healed during tough battles, or offer buffs, taunts and such. Then I started using them with my Myth wizard. And OMG. I am unstoppable. I use my Rude Goblin which is a 5 pip attack then minion spell (random fire/myth) then I get to cast an additional two minions for a full group. Maybe a life to help me heal, a storm for extra damage, ice for the shields and hp, balance to give me the extra buff and debuff the enemies. A lot of times it is dependent on the spells I want them to cast, as the different mobs have different spells.

3rd: Wow, these people have really cool mobs chilling at their homes. Maybe I should collect some myself. Though, I mainly summon minions to do my bidding.

Is monstrology really that important, I will say no. But can it be fun when used right, Yes. I actually get upset when I am unable to capture the mobs souls. As it ruins some of the fun.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
mpairygem on Jul 1, 2021 wrote:
To tell the truth, the only use for it that I see, is to use animus to make minion cards.
I have quite a few Jabberwock minion cards that come in real handy at times.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
It's also true that monstrology minions stack with normal minions. So you can have 2 minions fighting at once.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
dayerider on Jul 1, 2021 wrote:
There's 2 things you get out of it:

1) guests that roam your house
2) MUCH better minions than the normal summoned ones If you do bosses, their cheats DO NOT carry over
Cheats do not carry over but if the cheat is actually one of their attacks, then the boss will say the line.

It's very cool for the monstrodome.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
You also get badges. Each monstrology rank gives you a new badge. These badges don't replace themselves. So, you'll get a higher number of total badges.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
my low levels use it to make minions to summon in battle. Almost always, there are things that can be collected from the world i'm in or right before it, and they're much tougher, and work much better, than the school minions.