Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I get hoard/lore packs?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2015
Hello! I'm a level 49 death student, and i was wondering if it would be good to get packs now or wait until I'm a higher level. thank you

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
My recommendation is to wait until you are at least level 50 as the gear primarily will drop at certain levels (That is, the gear you will get if you're level 49 will be lower level gear without as good of stats - and at level 50, you would get better stats on the gear dropped). At your level, if you wait a few levels, level 52, 54 / 56, you'll have access to Wintertusk (provided you've done through Ravenscar in Grizzleheim), and Wintertusk gear is crafted gear but it's pretty good at that level. The drops in Wintertusk are pretty decent too.

I can't speak to highest levels (I'm not at the level cap) as my highest is my Death who's currently level 83 and in Azteca, but my opinion is I'd wait. I went with crafted Wintertusk/Zafaria gear - But I would definitely research first and see what packs drop what stuff, with what stats, and see what you want to get or wouldn't mind getting (as pack drops are random). But if you are going to do it, level to 50 first at least.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
At that level, I don't think it's worth it. Lower levels tend to level up fairly quickly, so before long the pack gear won't be worth it anymore.
Honestly, unless you're looking to stitch, I don't think pack gear is worth it at all (except in the rare instance of, like, primeval hoard pack set bonuses). Soon you're going to get access to Waterworks gear (level 60), which will be perfectly fine up to level 100. Then you can farm Darkmoor and the Krokopatra & Rattlebones gauntlets, and those will last you until 125-130 when you can get Dragoon gear & the light brigade robe. If I were you, I'd just save my crowns for stitch gear or the primeval hoard pack (once you're 100+)