Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Favorite Schools?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2021
I just came back after not playing for almost two years, I started on death then deleted and created a storm. So far I've gotten storm to Mooshu mainly by solo. Although I'm wanting to make another wizard and having a difficult time deciding if I want to lean towards something else or go with death again.

I'd like your opinions on which school I should try out next

Survivor
May 01, 2021
Neela Stormbreeze on May 12, 2021 wrote:
I just came back after not playing for almost two years, I started on death then deleted and created a storm. So far I've gotten storm to Mooshu mainly by solo. Although I'm wanting to make another wizard and having a difficult time deciding if I want to lean towards something else or go with death again.

Just take the personality test to determine which school you belong in and stick to that. You'll actually play it much better than any other class because that's what you'd feel most comfortable and motivated as. That's what I did and it worked very well. But I don't play anymore because I don't agree with the basis of the game. I play Runescape now. Lol.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
Survivor
Apr 02, 2021
BanPlastic on May 16, 2021 wrote:
Just take the personality test to determine which school you belong in and stick to that. You'll actually play it much better than any other class because that's what you'd feel most comfortable and motivated as. That's what I did and it worked very well. But I don't play anymore because I don't agree with the basis of the game. I play Runescape now. Lol.
See i would but the last question with gems i'd pick Amethyst which throws you into storm, so it's kind of a downer when you know which gem gives you which class, otherwise i totally would if it was more random lol thanks for the suggestion though

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
you tried death and storm yet i suggest you to go balance, life or myth.

life if you want to play in group (no aoe before lvl 48 is a big pain in solo play in arc 1)

myth if you want to solo mostly ( work in group too but often underestimated vs fire or storm)

balance if you want to keep the balance between solo play and support in group ( a liitle weak on dmg at the start but the versatility of the school fit the best at any second wizard/witch )

fire is a heavy dmg class and after a storm you risk too feel that as the same without the fear of fizzle as often and a bigger health

ice is the opposite of storm and represent a big break just after but an alternative for life with an aoe at lvl 22

you already tried death

you have a storm

at high lvl most wanted school for teams are death life fire balance, there is plenty of storms, ice and myth are actually underrated successive spell and stat revamp will correct that soon)

hope that will help you

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome Back!

Let me ask you,

What is it you're looking for in a school?
What exactly is your playstyle?

What do you enjoy doing the most? Helping? Dominating? Waiting then executing?

These answers will reveal the school you may enjoy the most.

Also, if you are not liking a particular school, don't delete the character, just play another one for a while. Chances are, you just need a break.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2018
Hello from the Myth School!
Myth isn't the easiest to master, but it's power is unbelievable (not intentionally referencing the balance school.)
Conjurers use their magic to conjure monsters in order to assist them in battle, as well as having a quite of bit of utility spells.
Myth was my first and favorite school, let me know if you have any questions concerning this class.

Alura Breeze

Survivor
May 01, 2021
Neela Stormbreeze on May 21, 2021 wrote:
See i would but the last question with gems i'd pick Amethyst which throws you into storm, so it's kind of a downer when you know which gem gives you which class, otherwise i totally would if it was more random lol thanks for the suggestion though
Does the gem actually decide which school you go in no matter what you answer with the previous questions? If so, that really sucks. Lol.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2021
Storm and Fire are fun school but i do all every schools!

Survivor
Sep 01, 2016
I personally LOVE death, and have the most experience in playing my death character. Though I gotta say, ice, myth, and life are some pretty cool runner-ups in my opinion!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2021
I've only been playing for a few weeks and I love this game so much I bought a membership!

My first wizard I made is in the life school. She seemed to die too easily. Then I made a necromancer because she could drain life from the enemies while killing them. For the third wizard I did the questionnaire and it gave me conjurer, so that is my main.

I made six wizards total, one for almost every school. I planned to make a seventh, but am very disappointed that I can't! I see there are 6 desks for our wizards, but one ALWAYS remains standing! Why not allow a seventh wizard, since there is an empty chair to sit him or her in!

I really want that seventh wizard!

Survivor
Oct 17, 2012
Sabrina Sprite on Aug 31, 2021 wrote:
I've only been playing for a few weeks and I love this game so much I bought a membership!

My first wizard I made is in the life school. She seemed to die too easily. Then I made a necromancer because she could drain life from the enemies while killing them. For the third wizard I did the questionnaire and it gave me conjurer, so that is my main.

I made six wizards total, one for almost every school. I planned to make a seventh, but am very disappointed that I can't! I see there are 6 desks for our wizards, but one ALWAYS remains standing! Why not allow a seventh wizard, since there is an empty chair to sit him or her in!

I really want that seventh wizard!
Well you can actually buy an Elixier in the Crown Shop that unlocks the 7th Slot.. It's on a different character page tho.

Survivor
May 10, 2011
I have several Death School wizards and a few Life School Wizards, thinking about adding one from each school.

Survivor
May 22, 2010
Been playing fire since I was 10 years old and I still love it the most. I'd test out a few of the classes and look at their higher-level cards and party roles before deciding. I find fire, myth and death easiest to level up. Life as a secondary class helps a ton too.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Yo. I honestly have to go with Storm.

I've played Storm so many times now.

I've had a level 10 (deleted a very long time ago), level 17 (deleted a long time ago), and now I'm leveling one through Azteca currently. It's now level 86.

But yeah, if you haven't tried Storm, you totally should. Halston Balestrom is hilariously loud and filled with excitedness. Although some of the quests for spells can get a little hard, along with the main quest, if you're solo.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2014
Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Survivor
Apr 15, 2022
Survivor
Feb 16, 2021
Neela Stormbreeze on May 12, 2021 wrote:

I would suggest either death , myth , or in my opinion.

Death is good for soloing and you can get some health too with drain spells as you attack. I am a death wizard and I'm doing okay with soloing, but sometimes I need help with a few boss battles.

Myth is not the best and it isn't very popular, but the minions can be useful sometimes and the spells are pretty powerful. It is possible to solo with this one.

Storm is very powerful. Yes you have low accuracy, but you can take a lot of damage. It is possible to solo with this school, but it is still a bit challenging.

Those are some good soloing schools in my opinion. Elements such as life or balance are only good in a team or with a partner. It is hard to solo with these elements, so you will mostly play as the support role.

Now I forgot fire and ice . These two would be kind of good at soloing. Ice isn't so powerful though, but yes you can solo with these elements.

To summarize it...

Soloing elements:
Support elements:

I hope this helped!

-Leesha

Survivor
Mar 28, 2011
Defender
Jan 16, 2010
shaymaa12345 on May 21, 2022 wrote:
I would suggest either death , myth , or in my opinion.

Death is good for soloing and you can get some health too with drain spells as you attack. I am a death wizard and I'm doing okay with soloing, but sometimes I need help with a few boss battles.

Myth is not the best and it isn't very popular, but the minions can be useful sometimes and the spells are pretty powerful. It is possible to solo with this one.

Storm is very powerful. Yes you have low accuracy, but you can take a lot of damage. It is possible to solo with this school, but it is still a bit challenging.

Those are some good soloing schools in my opinion. Elements such as life or balance are only good in a team or with a partner. It is hard to solo with these elements, so you will mostly play as the support role.

Now I forgot fire and ice . These two would be kind of good at soloing. Ice isn't so powerful though, but yes you can solo with these elements.

To summarize it...

Soloing elements:
Support elements:

I hope this helped!

-Leesha
I disagree slightly on the Life bit.

I'm currently soloing a Life, and I'm in Avalon. It helps enormously to be able to heal yourself. With my other solo's I've had to invest in healing crowns minions in some of the boss fights, but as someone who solos - and has soloed every school in the game, past Celestia (at minimum), my Life has by far been the easiest.

The issue I've had with my Death and my Storm is it gets very boring after a while to play both character schools.

Although if you're looking for a bit of a challenge, Balance is probably the way to go. My Balance, ironically, is my highest level character right now - but she's a little more tricky to play than my Life, who is currently my powerhouse, mainly because my style with my Balance is "cast healing spell", "blade up as much as I can", "possible second healing spell", "attack"..

It's all, really, about playing the cards you have in your school to the best advantage you can. Once I learned that lesson on my Myth, I started to do really well at high levels on all of my characters.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
will it has to be Balance. See I started as Fire But the school studies got hard,so I went out and found a teacher of balance So it took me 14 years to Max out my Wizard. Thank you Got to go

( Raven )

Survivor
Aug 20, 2015
myth is the best, plain and simple. nothing quite beats it. ever since they upgraded orthrus we have ruled the world, no doubt

Survivor
Aug 22, 2015
Definitely Life and Death! They are just so fascinating, but also such a commendation to Storm because of the gameplay.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
Fire, Death and Storm are good schools, Fire I think is the best for its damage and Defense, But I also think Death is a good choice for damage, defense and its heal back spells.