Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Known Requests: Name changes, dye support, crowns sales, etc.

AuthorMessage
Administrator
To help reduce unnecessary duplicate forum posts and posts that simply ask for these items to exist, please withhold from creating new posts asking for these items:

- Name changes
- New names (suggest more here!)
- Gender changes
- Color dye support
- Other color options
- More hair style options
- Porting to consoles/mobile
- More Crowns sales

We're excited to explore so many of the ideas the community has suggested!

As soon as we have more to say about the ones we can implement, we'll open up the forums for further discussion and feedback.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
just a quick question with the name change will you be adding more names to choose from?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Just to note Sparck, the reason why these are constantly popping up [on a bi-weekly basis], is because of the great need the community has in terms of seeing these implemented.

Prior to the spring update, you would also see quite a number of post asking for a tune in spell animations. So, instead of necessarily preventing members from expressing themselves about these topics, it would be nice to actually see a post addressing these topics.

When can these ideas be implemented?

Administrator
nathan owlhaven on Apr 30, 2021 wrote:
just a quick question with the name change will you be adding more names to choose from?
Great point, I've added a link above. We hope to!

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
Fair enough! I can see how posts simply asking for the feature to be added can get repetitive. Although, I still think there can be value in discussing these topics as a way of further exploring them.

I'm non-binary, so something like the gender changes are important and relevant to me. With that in mind, I think it could be helpful to discuss what I or other people envision of the changes we want to see. Hopefully, maybe some of you will find the ideas interesting, and they could make their way in as it gets worked on.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Just wanted to mention y'all did a great job on the second round of spell audits!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
It would be so rad to be able to change your name for your wizard almost like the make over shop!

Survivor
May 31, 2011
Sorry if this goes under one of the banned categories but what if we added a category of gender neutral names onto the character creation thingy?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Star Edward on Apr 30, 2021 wrote:
Just to note Sparck, the reason why these are constantly popping up [on a bi-weekly basis], is because of the great need the community has in terms of seeing these implemented.

Prior to the spring update, you would also see quite a number of post asking for a tune in spell animations. So, instead of necessarily preventing members from expressing themselves about these topics, it would be nice to actually see a post addressing these topics.

When can these ideas be implemented?

simply piggybacking off of your comments here Edward

I think it goes further than this. I think these ideas have gotten a lot of traction with the user base, and the devs, as a blanket statement, have been tight lipped about their implementation. The people who play the game have a huge want for these to be implemented. Unfortunately, "once we have more to say, we will" feels more like a "you won't implement these things and are tired of hearing about them" feel about it. It's almost like a petition to get these ideas implemented.

For a long time, on the forums, it SEEMED like the reason why PvP kept getting changes/tweaks, was because they were all "noisy gear" and thus got the oil. Because of this, it set up a bad precedent for the rest of us to follow. I think the best thing that could happen is to state where these topics are in discussion, in a general sense. I'll take one topic listed here as an example:

"We're having a problem deciding the best method for allowing you to rename your characters in a way that makes sense, while being seen as not pure greed by you, the user base. It will take a lot of coding, and while we don't get paid per line of programming, we know that our passionate user base will, and always has, expressed their opinions. We just want to get this right so we don't have to go back and fix it next month because we didnt take a part of it into account."

That at least tells us the status of the idea, without ever telling us where in the timeline the function is. We keep inundating you with these ideas, because it doesnt look like you're listening. How many times did we ask you to shorten AoEs before you started working on them? That's a perfect example as well.

I of course would like new features to function as intended, and am happy to give you the time to work on them, but without any kind of acknowledgement, it just seems like we're being ignored, which we felt like we were for a long time, even if not true.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
I hope that along with more color options for clothes, there's going to be more color options for hair, skin, and eyes as well. I think a lot of wizards would love pastel or softer colors. I would definitely love to have either soft blue or pink eyes!

Survivor
Feb 02, 2015
Anything on fixing stitched wands attacking? It's not an urgent issue, but I'm sure most people would rather have their Appearance wand take over their wand hitting animation instead of it just casting the wand attack.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Name Change over due....

I have 2 accounts with many wizards on it and would like name change. If there was an elixir for name change - I would spend over $100 to change their names. Mutliple that by the thousands of players in the game. KI will be making a fortune over this, because most of the players are teenagers and into their 20's now - working. Yes, working and willing to spend money for a game they love.

Get my point? Not sure why it's taking a decade to make it happen :-)

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
Please buff Frost Giant & change Angry Snowpig so it steals the ward first.

Also please change Wild Bolt to a damage over time

Another spell should be buffed is Link/Power Link (only the healing part)

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
In order to be more inclusive and friendly to all audiences, Wizard101 should add a crowns item (or perhaps put it in the mirror shop) that allows wizards to change their gender in the game (which in turn would have to allow a name change as well, even if it is just the first name). To combat the concern that wizards will use this to their advantage to repeatedly conceal their identity after bullying other players, this elixir can be a strict one time usage, and will highly benefit players who may no longer identify as the same gender they did when they made their wizard.
I know that I, personally, as well as my friends who are part of this community, could highly benefit from this. Simply making a new wizard takes away the connection we have with our very first wizards that we love and identify with.
Wizard101, please consider not only this, but also finally allowing male characters to dye their clothes pink in the Wizard city crown shop. This game has already expressed the capability of being inclusive by adding flags to the emojis in the chat. Please expand this inclusivity.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
Wizard101 has already expressed the capability of being more inclusive by adding pride flags to the emojis list in the chat. So, why hasn't Wizard101 allowed male wizards to dye their clothes pink in the Wizard City Dye Shop? Instead, the option is replaced by the color "dark orange". Similarly, female wizards should be able to dye their clothes "dark orange".
The concern that players will be bullied for wearing pink is unfair and benefits the bully rather than the player who wants to wear pink on their male wizard. Bullies will always find a way to bully, so it is time to stop punishing the players who are do nothing wrong by expressing themselves and allow male wizards to dye their clothes pink in the Wizard City Dye Shop.

Survivor
May 11, 2019
Currently the Songsters Shoes (life elegant boots) can only be obtained through key bosses. The Spirit of Ignorance is a wooden key boss and the drop rates are horrendous, not to mention that wooden keys are already hard to obtain. A solution would obviously be to increase the drop rates of the stitch gear, or increase the rate at which the wooden keys drop from him.

Now the Aethyr Elemental is the other boss that can drop the boots, however it is a difficult boss and the drop rates don't match the difficulty of the boss, as it can drop MULTIPLE stitch sets.

A very simple solution is to just put the whole life elegant set in the crown shop for 8995 crowns, like EVERY OTHER school elegant set.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2022
1. Name changes is definitely something we should be able to have. We can only do it one time and you would have to pay a lot of gold to do it.

2. Boys should be allowed to wear pink and purple. Light colors should be for boys as well:

Survivor
Jul 20, 2020
when you do make a gender changing thing to the game, please make at least one usage free! it would be great as a trans person who started their wizard back when they were a woman :3

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Even with this new Spring update you have yet to implement a name change feature. I don't know how many times this needs to be addressed but PEOPLE WANT THIS IN THE GAME.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
Why are there so many items that we can't dye? Pets, gear, etc. Why does it matter to any one but me what color I would like to change the color of the robe, wand or pet I got from a pack using crowns I purchased? Is it a coding issue? Having no knowledge of game development its the only reason I could think of. It's kind of like buying a car and being told ya cant paint it. There are so many gear items I love the look of but would never wear due to the color. I also think all gear and colors should be open to both boys and girls. I've seen some great guy hats I would love to wear. I can see this maybe being an issue when purchasing packs unless you could include an option for which type of gear ya want to get, but when shopping with gold the option for both shouldnt be an issue. Thanks!

Survivor
Jul 25, 2020
So Sparck, if dye support requests are so common, could you make a post similar to the one you've linked in relation to the names for that?

For example, I'd really like to see the Buck Gordon Jetpack mount be dyeable. (Seems like a no-brainer since it's already in two of the default colors.)

Am I supposed to ask for that here, (by replying and not creating a new post) or just keep my mouth shut about it indefinitely?

Survivor
Feb 16, 2021
Hi there, it would be real nice if you could add a gender neutral option instead of just a boy and a girl. For the names it would be great if you added more names to choose from and names from different languages too.

And to add something, I think everything is a little bit too expensive. Crowns, mounts, worlds, a lot of things. It would be good if you could kind of lower the prices because there is this really cool mount I want but I can't really afford enough crowns for it.

Thanks!

- Leesha

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Does that mean I can't ask for the hair colors in the magic mirror shop to be offered as color choices for crowns hairstyles?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
Well said, StarEdward and Dayerider. You've articulated many of my own thoughts more coherently than I might have done.
Users have been asking for the ability to change wizard names pretty much as long as the game has been around. It is not fair to expect people to start entire new wizards when they've put so much time and effort into the one they wish to rename.
The features that have been implemented are great. I'm particularly pleased with the shortening of AOE animations, the ability to modify a wizard's appearance, and the increase in customization options.
In response to requests from the LBGT+ community, I recommend that all names, colors and customizations be available for every wizard without limitations by gender. Even being cis, I've always found gender roles to be ridiculous.
One last thing: I had to log into my secondary account to post this. Not permitting posts from accounts that do not have an active membership is a form of discrimination. As a player who primarily uses crowns to gain access to new areas of the game, I do not appreciate not being permitted to say my piece. If you're concerned about feedback from those who have not been active players, you can set a requirement of having made a purchase within the past 12 months. That would permit active crown players to be heard as much as membership players.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
I do not think I could of said it any better than Star Edward or Dayerider did.

It is 2022, and the vast majority of services and games allow a user to change their name. I understand that this might be a difficult undertaking, as the game wasn't designed for this change to take place.

Appearances used to be permanent as well, and it was stated that that sort of change would never happen. Yet you guys did it and made your fanbase very happy when you came out with the magic mirror.

The name change and gender change would do a lot to promote lgbtq and inclusivity, and a lot of people really want to see this implemented. I have wanted it for years.

I hope to see further discussion and transparency about these things. I would like to know if you guys are seriously considering it and think it is a possibility to implement, or if you feel like it is too challenging.