Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Updated System Requirements

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
Tomato Soup on Apr 23, 2021 wrote:
So I tried to do this but I don't have the "Wizard101" folder in "Application Support" or the "com.kingsisle.wizard101.plist" file in "Preferences" so I'm really unsure of how I can completely uninstall when these files don't even exist on my mac! If anyone else has any ideas on something I may be missing please let me know, I need to check on my couch potatoes :(

Jonathan
Edward
Tara
If you haven't tried it already and haven't fixed the problem, try to use the search function. I found the files when I looked for them and search helped so I didn't have to look at every single file.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
Destroya SpiritBre... on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
Hi everyone!

Just in case anyone hasn't seen the most recent forum updates on this issue, a user suggested following the instructions on this website for Mac users: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/wizard101/full-clean-install-procedure-for-wizard101

I had redownloaded the game after updating my Mac and was getting the same issue where the launcher would end up stuck at the "Initializing" screen. I wasn't able to find every file by simply searching for Wizard101 in my computer, so this link is extremely helpful in locating everything that needs to be deleted before reinstalling the game.

Good luck!
Brianna SpiritBreeze
I highly suggest this method. It worked perfectly for me. Although you do have to then reload all of the worlds, it's better than not being able to play. At first I thought it was a program, but it's just instructions on how to find all of your files to delete.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2015
You guys IT WORKED!!! I saw two replys on using CleanMyMacX and I honestly thought it wouldn't work because I tried so many times uninstalling every wizard101 file on my computer and reinstalling and I would get stuck on the "please wait while wizard101 initializes..". If you you get stuck on this, let I highly recommend using the CleanMyMacX it is worth a try, thank you thank you for everybody who recommended this

Survivor
May 02, 2018
Hello

I’m having the same issues as everyone else for the most part. I’m using a pc with windows 10 running 64 bit. The game will install properly, load up properly, and launch. But when it launches, it minimizes the window down every time and says “Unable to locate ..\Wizard101.exe. Please launch the game using the Wizard101 shortcut on the desktop, or by launching Wizard101.exe in the game installation folder.” I’ve tried all of these steps, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled many times, I’ve even installed on steam and tried to run it there. I’ve had no luck and would like any help possible.

Thank you in advance.

Survivor
May 19, 2011
I still am having issues, when searching in settings>about> it says Win10 and 64bit operating system, 64bit processor. What in the world is wrong, when attempting to play it originally said I did not have a 64bit system, but after new install of wiz101, now it allows me to initialize and updates but when I hit the play button it just does nothing.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2016
does this mean that anyone who does not have a 64 bit system can no longer playwizard101 after dumping money in it for years?