Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatching Questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times, but here it is. I have several pets that I am very certain of all their talents based on previous hatchings. It has been a very long process (without using crowns). Unfortunately I seem to always get the same talents revealed while others very rarely or never get unlocked. Is this another case of bad luck in the random unlocking of talents or something else I am missing?

For example: I know each pet has guardian wall, spell proof, unicorn, spritely, pip o'plenty, death trap, death blade, plague bringer, health gift, and an unknown uncommon (that never gets unlocked, thankfully?). I am trying to get a certain combination of those listed (especially spell proof, unicorn and spritely) with absolutely no luck.

I believe the range of numbers for each category (strength, intelligence, and so on) are based on the lowest and highest of each pet and does not go lower or higher. Or so it seems to work that way every time. Is this correct? I look forward to your replies and any information you can provide.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
a pet inherits it's talents from it's parents.

the talents that a parent pet has manifested (that show up when the pet is trained and levels up)
are more likely to also manifest in the child pet.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
I guess this isn't the place to ask this type of question. Or perhaps I wasn't clear enough for anyone to reply to it. In any case I will keep pushing on and hope eventually I get the talents I want or just accept that the odds are stacked against a casual player not willing to spend money on crowns.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
The odds are the odds, with or without crowns. Crowns and membership can both help in terms of timers, access to snack-giving plants, reset elixirs, etc, but the pet hatching process is the same regardless.

Hatching is chance. There is nothing we can do that directly affects the outcome of a given hatch. As Chico said, talents are inherited from parents, so the control we have is in selection of the pets we hatch with.

Find pets with the talents you are after, hatch with them, train the baby, repeat.

The talents you see are more likely to come up again, but it is still uncertain, so it make take several tries to get the one you are after, and many steps to get them all together on one pet. It's usually gradual improvement toward a goal, not instant success.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
Thank you for your reply. I need to be more patient in the future as I posted my reply before yours was posted. Lesson learned. Thank you again.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
I was hoping someone could help me out, I hatched a pet but I didn’t notice that it can only be used by life class and I have no idea what do with it. I was wondering if I could give it away or transfer it to a life account. I can’t offer it in kiosk cuz it’s not adult and I can’t hatch w it. Is it just trash now?

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
I don't think you can give pets to others outside of your account. You could put it in your shared bank and if you decide later to create a Life character you could use it then.