Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop rates for dungeons are weird

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2015
Hi! I just wanted to put some light onto a discovery I made after farming Darkmoor's Graveyard section a LOT of times (just for reference, I got about 13 gold skeleton keys from my time there). Anyway, after getting the much sought after malistaire cloak and boots, I tried to get the hat, but after many, many attempts, I never got it. I only received one after throwing crowns into his chest. What I am trying to say is that I feel like the drop rates for dungeons only give 2/3 of the most sought after set (hat, robes, boots specifically) and then make the final piece of gear's drop rate either insanely low or impossible to get, meaning you can only really get it in the crowns chest after the fight. After finally getting the malistaire hat from his chest, I had gotten a load of the tier 1 Darkmoor hats (for me, it was raging blackwater's helm), and I had gotten multiple malistaire cloaks and boots as well. When I did the dungeon over and over and over again and didn't get a single hat (not even the tier 2 one) while also getting multiple of the same gear that I already had, I got a little suspicious about the drop rates. So I decided to inspect what other players had gotten from not just Darkmoor, but from other dungeons too such as Mount Olympus and Waterworks. I found that the people who were doing them had, what do you know, 2/3 of the best gear from the dungeon. I even have a personal witness to this issue. My little brother recently started playing Wizard101 and is really struggling to get the Zeus boots from Mount Olympus. He has the hat and robe, but can never get the boots, no matter how many times he does it (and I help him to really speed it up and do a lot of runs). While we were in the dungeon and in Aquila, we saw person after person with no 3rd piece of gear. This was very troubling to see, as I was, at the time, still trying to get the malistaire hat and my brother was still running for the boots (even today, he still doesn't have it). I took a look around the team up kiosk and found this specific trend in multiple people for various dungeons. Back when I farmed Waterworks in 2017, I got the full set in a few runs, so I am confused as to what may have happened. I would just like some dev help with what might be happening or some personal feedback from players who may have noticed this. Thanks for reading!

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
My fire never get the Zeus hat after +90 try and neither got the darkmoor boots and atame after 150 try but get 2 times the hat at once
My life tried water work 87 times to get the hat but got boots and robes together at 3rd try.
My storm needed 68 win against the trident to get the robe but got robe for 3 other schools and wands for 5 so that seems legit, the only problem is that's good drop or very poor drop

As you see I got bad luck but also funny surprise on drops

I admit it seems the diversity of equipment pieces seems to have lowered the global drop rate.