Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Hematite shadow jewels

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
There has been a recent talk amongst my wiz peeps about these jewels on why do they even exist. Apparently even with sufficient universal critical, there are only 3 shadow hits that do damage: Dark Nova, Dark shepherd and Dark Sentinel. While powerful at its own peril, none of these spells can actually critical despite having these jewels equipped. Id also like to point out that during the rebalancing update 2 of 3 spells were substantially nerfed despite only 1 was being used in pvp.

Since none of these spells can actually critical in comparison to shadow enhance spells the changes to dark nova and dark sentinel should be reverted in fact id argue that they should even be buffed since the cost and time it takes to cast relies on high shadow pip value.

Also an extreme counter to such build that can ruined the strategy are enfeeble and earthquake, since after cast, the spell its self cannot be protected by aegis due to its unique animation after effect casting.

Just my 2cent on this situation let me know what you guys think.