Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KingsIsle Acquisition and Looking Ahead

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We have some exciting news to share regarding the acquisition of KingsIsle by Gamigo that you may have heard about this past weekend.

Please read our blog post to learn more: https://kingsisleblog.com/2021/01/18/kingsisle-acquisition-and-looking-ahead/

Blog post update: Previous giveaway code offer has ended with the event.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I heard about this! Somewhat shocking news, but also very exciting! I have heard some discussions on this topic already, and dome my own research. I am in good spirit that this spells good news for Wizard101 and especially Pirate101's future. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Survivor
May 14, 2015
I've heard all sorts of rumors flying around regarding this decision. Including one stating that every area in every world would be opened to everybody and the game would focus more on Crowns purchases. Can anyone confirm if there's plans to make something like this happen or not? I'd like to get some answers straight from the guys making the game themselves.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Looks exciting! I hope for great stuff in the future.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Scot S on Jan 18, 2021 wrote:
I've heard all sorts of rumors flying around regarding this decision. Including one stating that every area in every world would be opened to everybody and the game would focus more on Crowns purchases. Can anyone confirm if there's plans to make something like this happen or not? I'd like to get some answers straight from the guys making the game themselves.
I SERIOUSLY doubt this would happen. If this DID happen, they'd need to refund a LOT of money for those of us who spent money to get the areas open, both member and crown player. This would be a disaster.

Rule of thumb, if you don't hear it from the game makers, consider it false. Makes it much easier to keep your sanity :)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This news sent some amount of shock within the community.

Many of us are happy for the team there at Kingsisle. The blog post mentions that some of our well known faces will still remain within the company [which is good, wouldn't want to necessarily see anyone go] but leaves a lot to wonder about the future.

Many are also hoping that Pirates will now be granted some extensive attention.

But I am hoping this new partnership will bring nothing but great memories for the future!

It will also be nice to hear directly from a representative from Gamigo. Please share more details within the next upcoming KI Live session!

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
Will the Grub Guardian App Store game app continue to be available now that MGI has acquired Wizard101? Also how will the game server change? Is it still the same protected server & type because I remember years ago the server was supposedly being crashed on purpose? Will I have to download the Wizard101 game again after I update to Big Sur? Are the problems or bugs fixed with the MacOS Big Sur update? Will I be able to access the settings on the login page now?

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
Sparck on Jan 18, 2021 wrote:
We have some exciting news to share regarding the acquisition of KingsIsle by Gamigo that you may have heard about this past weekend.

Please read our blog post to learn more: https://kingsisleblog.com/2021/01/18/kingsisle-acquisition-and-looking-ahead/

Blog post update: Previous giveaway code offer has ended with the event.
Now that MGI has acquired Wizard101, how will the game server change? Is it still the same protected server & type because I remember years ago the server was supposedly being crashed on purpose? Will the Kingsisle community change to an MGI brand name, & what happens to all of you at Kingsisle now that MGI has merged with you? Will you continue to be apart of the game? How will we contact support when we have problems with the game?

Administrator
UltraFlare911 on Jan 20, 2021 wrote:
Now that MGI has acquired Wizard101, how will the game server change? Is it still the same protected server & type because I remember years ago the server was supposedly being crashed on purpose? Will the Kingsisle community change to an MGI brand name, & what happens to all of you at Kingsisle now that MGI has merged with you? Will you continue to be apart of the game? How will we contact support when we have problems with the game?
Great questions! These are all still be worked out. I would ask them again when we announce questions time for our KI Live show next week. We'll have KI Live date announced soon!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011

went to the page noted, think of multiple tables full of tossed salads,
where is the one you like? hmm. how long will it take to find the one you want?
not a very tempting proposition.

how will any newcomers find this game ?

will i still want my grandchildren playing this game? will there still be protected speech areas?: or are we opening up to possible dastardly fools?

money games all want money money money, what makes anyone think the "new" group will keep to established practices here in wizard101? is there a shortage of money to continue as we are?

Has all of this happened yet, and we users just get the news afterwards. ts. guys, "we sold you out" kind of thing?

and remember, those others have their own people - which translates to fewer jobs at KI and less input too.

side note: this page needs a check page - one that shows just how our posts will look making it easier to do a spell and grammar check for posters.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
morning star on Jan 21, 2021 wrote:

will i still want my grandchildren playing this game? will there still be protected speech areas?: or are we opening up to possible dastardly fools?

money games all want money money money, what makes anyone think the "new" group will keep to established practices here in wizard101? is there a shortage of money to continue as we are?

Has all of this happened yet, and we users just get the news afterwards. ts. guys, "we sold you out" kind of thing?

and remember, those others have their own people - which translates to fewer jobs at KI and less input too.

side note: this page needs a check page - one that shows just how our posts will look making it easier to do a spell and grammar check for posters.
You should send this post in "Quote" Spark, so he gets it and replies and post it on the Headmaster’s Announcements too for KI LIVE.

Administrator
Post updated with more from Professor Falmea!

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I sincerely hope that Grub Guardian will be playable on a PC again. I have not been able to play for well over a year. Have posted on this msg board multiple times with virtually no results except for one reply from Spark over 6 months ago that "they were working on it".
Just as players have invested real money to purchase crowns to purchase areas in the Wizard101 game. I have spent quite a few crowns to purchase areas in Grub Guardian. I have not been able to utilize that purchase - it is a denial of service purchased with no compensation.
Hopefully this issue will be resolved with this sale transaction.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018
Survivor
Feb 04, 2020
please fix pets. we need more than 10 hatches before it gets taken out of kiosk i am so heart broken right now i worked so hard to hope i get my pet and now i cant even do anything hoping he puts it back in the kiosk this is no way to play a game.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
morning star on Jan 21, 2021 wrote:

Hello Spark

I would love an answer to my post. Make that: each point that i noted in my post needs an answer, imho.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
read Prof Falmea's update. lots of praise with how wonderful the game and players are. We know about the game, that's why we continue to play for years on end.

other thoughts occurred to me. What will happen to our forum and archives?

Will they go the way of the European forum and archives?

The archives there were just deleted when another group bought out the lease(?) of this game.
Their dot com opening page stayed the same with the message that it was unsafe to log into - leading to all the same sorts of pages that we have here, just in a different format. (talk about simplistic :]
Then there is one facebook page for all the different languages. am not sure about twitter or other social pages,

Will we have those kind of changes here? If i want to enter our forum, will i have to go to the gotcha page first? then pick out the right room with the right table to find the right plate of salad? yes, i mean forum and game.

And the little games that gave away a limited number of free crowns each day? those are gone? sounds like we are just a money maker ripe for picking with our Wizard101 age and dedicated members. There was no need to do that, except someone on their board who said: "What? give away some of out legitimate income?" Beware guys. Were things that bad that that was agreed to?

What have you set us up for? oh, it was just a matter of finances? right, money and they have already made known their ideas on what's important.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
I have been participating in castle tours rating, I understood you can rate 10 per day. I keep track, with each of my wiz. Sometimes get credit for all 10, some times 8, some times 9. I think this will be an event soon, and we will gain scroll points for this soon. I would like to know why It doesnt give you the 10 visit credit . Also, many wiz find it very funny to block, at the world gate door, so you may not enter at all. or they Block the door to the castle, so can not enter the inside of castle. So no rating can be given. I understand wouldnt get credit for not being able to rate those. I wish there was a way for K I to let people know or not count it against us, if we can not enter the castle at all. No they have not used magic. There is no way of us to tell you who they are. One has Huge trees at world gate and 2 portals which lead to other castles. If you try them, you are asked to rate before you leave. Lol I have met other
tourists at these places they to wonder, why people would do that.
I do hope they will fix the counting before we wont get credit for the visit. Or explain what we are doing wrong to not get credit for the visit. Thanks for listening.
Any advice of how to get credit consistently would be appreciated.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
ggdreamer on Jan 26, 2021 wrote:
I have been participating in castle tours rating, I understood you can rate 10 per day. I keep track, with each of my wiz. Sometimes get credit for all 10, some times 8, some times 9. I think this will be an event soon, and we will gain scroll points for this soon. I would like to know why It doesnt give you the 10 visit credit . Also, many wiz find it very funny to block, at the world gate door, so you may not enter at all. or they Block the door to the castle, so can not enter the inside of castle. So no rating can be given. I understand wouldnt get credit for not being able to rate those. I wish there was a way for K I to let people know or not count it against us, if we can not enter the castle at all. No they have not used magic. There is no way of us to tell you who they are. One has Huge trees at world gate and 2 portals which lead to other castles. If you try them, you are asked to rate before you leave. Lol I have met other
tourists at these places they to wonder, why people would do that.
I do hope they will fix the counting before we wont get credit for the visit. Or explain what we are doing wrong to not get credit for the visit. Thanks for listening.
Any advice of how to get credit consistently would be appreciated.
I recommend making a thread for this in Dorms or Lab.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018
Seeing what happens with the game is going to be interesting!

Survivor
May 27, 2010
I’ve been playing wizard 101 for 7 years. Love it. Really hope when we reach level 200 we can have wysteria come into play. Maybe have a secondary school. Hope the new writers can continue the creativity!

Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
I for one have serious reservations about this aquisition. already i am seeing many things as far as game play is concernfed. time lapses, not being able to move about, constant disconnecting from servers, etc. how cold you do this to such loyal players KI, i am so saddened by this. with all that is going wrong with the game atm, i feel ahocked and betrayed. is anyone even trying to work out the numerous glitches going on?

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
JDeathbladeMac on Jan 29, 2021 wrote:
I’ve been playing wizard 101 for 7 years. Love it. Really hope when we reach level 200 we can have wysteria come into play. Maybe have a secondary school. Hope the new writers can continue the creativity!
I totally agree. The schools in Wysteria need to offer spells. I'm so excited.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
This game is losing players because they don't want to or can't afford a membership. You would make a lot more money if this game wasn't 'pay to play'. Even though this game is old, please get rid of memberships or at least make the membership cheaper or longer.

The potential of this game is still amazing, if it was free the playerbase would increase by thousands. Please, change this game for the better.