Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blade Stacking

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2021
I'm not sure if it's just me, but when placing my own blades, I can only stack 1 blade and 1 trap. Is this normal? I'm going to get spirit blades soon, and I was wondering if the Life blade from spirit blades and by +40% life blade would stack, maybe even adding on spirit traps and my +25% life trap.

Thanks, Miguel Flower.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Combination blades like spirit, stack with school blades like life. Pet and item blades also stack with trained, so a pet life stacks with trained, etc. Same for traps. There are also universals, like balance blade, feint, curse, hex, dragon blade, which will stack with anything. You can build up some big hits by combining buffs, but be warry of enemies that can remove or steal them.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2015
Your very first blade and trap do not stack, since they're the same blades. Blade stacking applies to blades that aren't of the same type, such as said Spirit Blades, which will stack with your life blade.

For say, you have a pet life blade, but also a regular life blade, since they're a 'pet version' and 'regular', they will stack together.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
You can't stack the same blade twice, there are many versions of life blades for example you can use x1 normal life blade card and x1 life blade Treasure card together and they both will count but you can't use x2 of the same normal life blade, only one of them will apply to the attack and the other one will be applied to the attack after it. And yes sprite blade is Different from life blade and it would stack. You can also check life spells guide to see all available life blades and spells to get.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Yeah I got elemental blades a bit late so this is how it works for both blades and traps. If there is multiple different types of blades like say a lifeblade, balanceblade(works for any type of damage) and a spiritual blade they will stack(if you cast a life spell of course because then the life blade wont do anything), if its 2 spiritual blades or two life blades they wont stack because they are the same. Also if there is an item card version and and a regular card version(the one you learned from someone or something) they will stack. I am not sure about treasure cards. And finally, later in the game you get enchantments, I am not sure whether you got to the sun school yet, but there are some enchantments that make the blade percent bigger, for example there is one that makes a 40% blade a 50% blade, blades with enchantments stack with blades without enchantments and with DIFFERENT enchantments. Like a 50% lifeblade, a 45% lifeblade and a regular 40% life blade would all stack.

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
Hiya! I'm going to list all the blade stack I know and use, I'll also include level requirement [##]

Blades

Life blade(40)
Gear (45) [56]*
Pet (40)
Sharpened (50) [86]
Spirit blade (35)
Sharpened (45) [86]

Traps - I don't use traps that often

Life trap (25)
Potent (35) [86]
Spirit trap (25)
Potent (35) [86]
Feint** (70)
Potent (80) [86]

*Earliest I know

**Feint requires training in the death school.

What I would do:
Life blade
Spirit blade
Pet (if possible)
Life Trap (boss)
Spirit trap (boss)

Hope this helps!!

-Rogan DuneFinder

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
but putting an aegis on a blade don't create a different blade so protected +40 won't stack with +40 regular
same for supercharge spell a 7 pip blade (+70) will not stack with a 9 pip one or an aegis one but can stack with a tc supercharge, an item supercharge and sharpened from every sources ones. here is a list of what can stack:

regular, tc, item and jewels, pet, sharpen, tc sharpen, pet or item sharpen

school blade, balance blade, dragon blade, tri-blade, blade storm, dark pact, blade dance, (the balance supercharge spell i forgot the name)

that mean more than 40 blade possibility.

same for the traps (more than 60 if i remember correctly)

but you can't do more than 1 000 000 dmg (or maybe they have removed the cap didn't tried since empirea part one release)

hope this help

Survivor
Jan 03, 2021
Stormwind 8108 on Jan 17, 2021 wrote:
but putting an aegis on a blade don't create a different blade so protected +40 won't stack with +40 regular
same for supercharge spell a 7 pip blade (+70) will not stack with a 9 pip one or an aegis one but can stack with a tc supercharge, an item supercharge and sharpened from every sources ones. here is a list of what can stack:

regular, tc, item and jewels, pet, sharpen, tc sharpen, pet or item sharpen

school blade, balance blade, dragon blade, tri-blade, blade storm, dark pact, blade dance, (the balance supercharge spell i forgot the name)

that mean more than 40 blade possibility.

same for the traps (more than 60 if i remember correctly)

but you can't do more than 1 000 000 dmg (or maybe they have removed the cap didn't tried since empirea part one release)

hope this help
Thanks for the help, I am a much higher level now and I get how everything works. Stay Safe!