Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looking for a life Deckathalon guide.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I have a question for everyone out there.

Is there a guide for the 5th through 10th floors of the life deckathalon out there?

I keep looking but I can only find walkthroughs of the first five floors and the final floor of the life deckathalon event. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Administrator
rusher2828 on Dec 18, 2020 wrote:
I have a question for everyone out there.

Is there a guide for the 5th through 10th floors of the life deckathalon out there?

I keep looking but I can only find walkthroughs of the first five floors and the final floor of the life deckathalon event. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Hi rusher2828! I'm not sure there's a guide for that particular part, but there are several deckathalon community guides that may help you out: https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Some general tips:

Since Life creatures often heal, take them out in one hit whenever possible.

Use Death drain attacks to keep your health up.

Use Life shields as needed, but not more than needed. If you are going to finish with a big drain, you will regain health anyway.

If you don't need health, damage attacks hit harder per pip than drains.

On the 2v1 fights, you may be better taking out one enemy as fast as you can, rather than waiting to get both with an AoE. On the other hand, on some of the mid levels, a buffed Scarecrow is ideal, since it's only one pip more than Wraith.

Life doesn't prevent you from stacking buffs, so go for it!

On the other hand, you will get Weavers that put weakness on you. You can either buff over those, or use a small hit or a cleanse to take them off, but either way, you'll need some extra cards. If you can find Death Scarab TC, you might try that since it's a 2-pip shield or weakness breaker that also puts on a trap. You can also use an off-school one pip attack or cleanse if you want to keep death buffs that are already up.

Enemies can Triage, so over-time attacks can be risky.

As always, use the highest level deck you can craft, and appropriate jewels. School specific resist and extra health are your biggest assets. A good pet with may-cast &/or will-cast talents helps too.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I agree with the OP. Rusher, I am with you!!
Thank you for sharing those tips Prince of Shadows. That post is helpful and so are some of the deckathalon guides I have read on FB, but I am also struggling with these 10 level deckathalons. I have yet to get past Stage 7 on ANY of them. For once, I would love to just get to the 10th floor! Since the square socket is not available until Level 6 deck then I assume the triangle jewel slot is not available until the Level 8 deck?

Regardless, if you cannot beat Stage 7 then you have no chance of socketing a triangle jewel. I have M/C heals and fortify on my deckathalon pets, but I have not even tried to fool with Will Cast talents. Just not a pet person, no interest there. If you are saying A will cast pet is REQUIRED to beat Stages 6-10 then I guess I will have to journey down the will cast talent road. I have only been able to survive stage 6 and get to 7:2 with a MINION. I have also noticed KI does not allow a lot of monstrology summon TC's. So I have used Malistaire, Arnet Galestrom card, and Brandon minion, but these TC's are not exactly plentiful. Even if I do find some in the bazarre, there certainly are not enough for each of my six characters to have multiple minions ready to summon for deckathalon time! Also, you have to pass multiple turns to gain pips, (or if you are very low on cards), so then the damage bubble comes and GOODBYE CHARLIE on the next round they hit, esp if you have just ONE LESS HEAL then you thought you would need.

Using the most recent life deckathalon as an example, my Lvl 118 death wizard could not get beat 7:2 due to not having a strong enough minion. Even a summon Lord Nightshade at 1200 HP was no match for the Stage 7 Annie Maul!
I have socketed square jewels on my level 118 and lvl127 characters so that gives about 47-50 flat damage resist. I have pets with M/C fortify, healing current, fairy, unicorn, sprite. A couple of my characters even have pets with 3-4 M/C heals and this is not enough since the may casts are reduced by KI upon entering the tower, (or so I have read). I have health jewels socketed (84-120 health) on my Level 6 deckathalon decks. Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

Help me get to the top, someone? Anyone?

-Deckathalon Failure stuck at Stage 7 with no where to go but up

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Prince of Shadows on Dec 22, 2020 wrote:
Some general tips:

Since Life creatures often heal, take them out in one hit whenever possible.

Use Death drain attacks to keep your health up.

Use Life shields as needed, but not more than needed. If you are going to finish with a big drain, you will regain health anyway.

If you don't need health, damage attacks hit harder per pip than drains.

On the 2v1 fights, you may be better taking out one enemy as fast as you can, rather than waiting to get both with an AoE. On the other hand, on some of the mid levels, a buffed Scarecrow is ideal, since it's only one pip more than Wraith.

Life doesn't prevent you from stacking buffs, so go for it!

On the other hand, you will get Weavers that put weakness on you. You can either buff over those, or use a small hit or a cleanse to take them off, but either way, you'll need some extra cards. If you can find Death Scarab TC, you might try that since it's a 2-pip shield or weakness breaker that also puts on a trap. You can also use an off-school one pip attack or cleanse if you want to keep death buffs that are already up.

Enemies can Triage, so over-time attacks can be risky.

As always, use the highest level deck you can craft, and appropriate jewels. School specific resist and extra health are your biggest assets. A good pet with may-cast &/or will-cast talents helps too.
Just to add on the weaver mitigation technique, the Life Deckathalon is a good tower to make use of the Dark Pact TCs. By pairing each Dark Pact TC to an Ether Shield (the Myth TC that gives you a Life and Death Shield), you not only create a defense from a Life attack that round, but also allow protection from the Dark Pact when clearing the weakness.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Pact is an excellent suggestion to buff and remove weakness at once. Steal charm has also been useful in some of the events.

No, a will-cast pet is certainly not required, just helpful for point farming since you save some cards.

I didn't use healing spells or minions at all in the life event. Swap/drain spells are effective for keeping up health.

Shield, buff, attack. Repeat if needed. I can see how a minion might be useful in the 2 against one fights, but for the pips it takes to summon a good one, and the scarcity of the cards, it made more sense to just kill one enemy asap.