Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrology Tome Bugs 12/09/2020 Patch

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Huge thanks for addressing a lot of the previous monstrology bugs. Just wanted to point out some that were missed from last time to make sure everything is corrected.

Wizard City - These creatures should be moved to Dragonspyre in the monstrology tome:
  • Felix Photomonger III
  • Ritual Colossus
  • Ritual Spider
Khrysalis - Tree Root minions from the Moros battle are summoned through the bosses as cheats meaning that these should be taken out from monstrology:
  • Tree Root (Life) - Takes care of the needs of Moros.
  • Tree Root (Balance) - Makes sure that Moros has all he needs.
  • Tree Root (Myth) - A servant of Moros.
  • Tree Root (Death) - A minion of Moros.
Mirage - Below creatures are summoned by other creatures through cheats so they should not be included in monstrology:
  • Spiderling
  • Ghulture (Death) - What is worse, the large sword or the sharp beak?
  • Ghulture (Myth) - It might be the talons that hold the sword that do the most damage.
  • Gobblorean Guard (Death)
  • Gobblorean Guard (Balance)
  • Gobblorean Guard (Storm)
Karamelle - Gummy Bunny (Fire) and Dead Beets are dropping animus but not showing up in the tome.

Dungeons - These creatures should not be added to monstrology as they are summoned through other creatures in combat as cheats:
  • Charged Echo of Apep
  • False Echo of Apep
  • Fiery Echo of Apep
  • Frosty Echo of Apep
  • MacDeath Understudy (x6 Tiers)
  • MacLife Understudy (x6 Tiers)
  • MacStorm Understudy (x6 Tiers)
Apart from that we are just missing 3 creatures now. 2 in Marleybone and 1 in Dungeons. We've searched all over but still cannot find them, so if you guys can check whether they're bugs it would be appreciated.

Here is the list of everything that was found so far: https://finalbastion.com/wp-content/uploads/Monstrology-Tome-Version-15.xlsx

Thanks in advance!

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
Are the Marleybone ones maybe in the Spiral Geography Tower?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2014
Is there any good reason to remove creatures from Monstrology that are in repeatable instances?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
LucasBoomstone on Dec 14, 2020 wrote:
Is there any good reason to remove creatures from Monstrology that are in repeatable instances?
Typically, no. However, on extremely rare occasions, a creature will be removed from Monstrology due to it providing dangerously powerful benefits to anyone that summons it with a Summon Card.

However, as I said, this is extremely rare. The only event I know of where this has occurred was for the Fear of Gremlins in Empyrea, which was removed due to its powerful and continuous healing Spells.

I would also like to point out that the Spiral Geographic Society instance was not removed from the game. I checked the other day and the sigil was still there and able to be entered. It is entirely possible that the Clockwork Golem found inside the Warehouse is extractable with Monstrology. I shall examine this at my convenience, and would encourage others to do the same.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I have examined the Spiral Geographic Society Warehouse for Monstrology Creatures. I can say with certainty that the Clockwork Golem within... is not extractable?

This is likely an oversight or a glitch, considering that the Warehouse is a repeatable instance and the Clockwork Golem enemy is clearly a Golem. I am hoping that this is fixed soon.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Lookit Light on Dec 15, 2020 wrote:
Typically, no. However, on extremely rare occasions, a creature will be removed from Monstrology due to it providing dangerously powerful benefits to anyone that summons it with a Summon Card.

However, as I said, this is extremely rare. The only event I know of where this has occurred was for the Fear of Gremlins in Empyrea, which was removed due to its powerful and continuous healing Spells.

I would also like to point out that the Spiral Geographic Society instance was not removed from the game. I checked the other day and the sigil was still there and able to be entered. It is entirely possible that the Clockwork Golem found inside the Warehouse is extractable with Monstrology. I shall examine this at my convenience, and would encourage others to do the same.
It's not extractable, someone else already tested that.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Lookit Light on Dec 15, 2020 wrote:

The quest to unlock the Spiral Geographic Society was retired so wizards can't do it anymore.

I'm pretty sure in a previous update, many of the Spiral Geographic enemies were removed from Monstrology but there could still be something in there. It's a decently long dungeon.

Community Leader
To answer some of the questions you guys asked so far...

Reasons to remove a creature from monstrology:
  • creature is non-repeatable;
  • creature is summoned by another creature - it was stated by devs that any creature that is summoned in combat by another creature is not intended to be available in monstrology unless available elsewhere;
  • retired dungeons.

The Spiral Geographic Tower questline has been retired from the game for wizards that haven't completed it yet. Wizards that have already completed it still get access. Reason behind this is unknown, but in any case the creatures inside should not be available in monstrology. All creatures inside have now been retired from monstrology too. Not a bug.

Minor note: The Clockwork Golem inside the tower was actually added on test realm, but this issue was reported.

Fear of Gremlins:
It was a really powerful creature, but to my knowledge that is not the reason it was removed from monstrology. The creature was extracted using Imp spell when it is clearly a Grendel. By that logic if all Grendels are imps then they'd need to add a lot more creatures inside the game to be included with this spell. This is as I suspect no easy task, so it was probably retired until we hopefully see an Extract Grendel spell.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Cody RavenTamer on Dec 16, 2020 wrote:

• creature is summoned by another creature - it was stated by devs that any creature that is summoned in combat by another creature is not intended to be available in monstrology unless available elsewhere;
  • retired dungeons.

The Spiral Geographic Tower questline has been retired from the game for wizards that haven't completed it yet. Wizards that have already completed it still get access. Reason behind this is unknown, but in any case the creatures inside should not be available in monstrology. All creatures inside have now been retired from monstrology too. Not a bug.

Minor note: The Clockwork Golem inside the tower was actually added on test realm, but this issue was reported.

Fear of Gremlins:
It was a really powerful creature, but to my knowledge that is not the reason it was removed from monstrology. The creature was extracted using Imp spell when it is clearly a Grendel. By that logic if all Grendels are imps then they'd need to add a lot more creatures inside the game to be included with this spell. This is as I suspect no easy task, so it was probably retired until we hopefully see an Extract Grendel spell.
I have a feeling they completely forgot about the second reason.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2014
Cody RavenTamer on Dec 16, 2020 wrote:

• retired dungeons.

Fear of Gremlins:
And is there a reason why creatures summoned by others aren't intended to be available in monstrology?

Developer
Thanks for all the Monstrology info. I think I have a handle on all of these issues and I am hoping to have all these fixed soon.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
These appear to have been all retired from the tome - good thing you noted this post, I was able to farm up a good bit of them :)

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I believe I may have identified the missing Dungeons creature.

Forest Nymph (Tier 3) Is a creature that is supposed to appear on Tier 3 of the Tanglewood Terror one-shot gauntlet. However, for unknown reasons, it is not present in that tier as a minion to Forest Grump. Instead, the Tier 2 Forest Nymph is used.

Given its current position, it is impossible to check if this theory is correct. However, I find it plausible in the lack of other alternatives.